PDA

View Full Version : SHOW or GO

YuSuF
30th April 2004, 11:46 PM
What do you prefer?

Degen-Astra
1st May 2004, 12:09 AM
Sucker for doing performance mods....yet to do some more!!

anicorsa
1st May 2004, 12:57 AM
I try to do as many performance mods as possible within a tight budget and to keep insurance at a minimum.

Looks, i dont go to extremes, just the odd rice here and there. :wink: :oops:

Anonymous
1st May 2004, 05:59 AM
Performance.
I love the smell of Burning Rice :P

OPL-20T
1st May 2004, 07:51 AM
i love looks, i love speed, i hate cops.

frankie9fingers
1st May 2004, 09:07 AM
i'ld prefer to do both, but sleepers really humiliate the person you've just left 10 car legnths behind.

sijay
1st May 2004, 10:00 AM
i'ld prefer to do both, but sleepers really humiliate the person you've just left 10 car legnths behind.

true.. im having a lot more fun since i took the turbo badge off!

Degen-Astra
1st May 2004, 10:46 AM
^^^^ BINGO!! ^^^^ :twisted:

Anonymous
1st May 2004, 01:45 PM
I miss the GLORY Daize of Motoring, Back 1996-2000.
When ya could get Dodgy Roadworthy Certs. Buy a Crap old Mazda 1300 for $500 and Chuck a 13B Bridgeport or 13B Turbo and The Cops would Dick and it was pass a Roadworthy by Tuesday. Go Cruising in ya New Sleeper, Having Commonwhores and FoalCans laughing at ya then going left Lane at the Lights and Just dump the Clutch At 8000rpm and Launch with Fronts of the ground for nearly the Whole Intersection and Being 100 metres in Front Before the V8 Enemy even Moves :twisted:

em
1st May 2004, 02:36 PM
you need a mixture of both if you want to be noticed :shock:
but if you dont want people to know how much grunt you have then just go performance and kick there arse at the lights..... :lol:

enj014
1st May 2004, 03:49 PM
Performance, Performance, Performance :twisted:

who wants to be noticed if your car can't back it up :shock:

Anonymous
1st May 2004, 04:09 PM

HA RAH HA RAH :D
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Some Body Kits look GHEY as a Carson :lol:
I've Seen Shockers, Car looks fast.
But I can run Faster than it.

TheGuest
1st May 2004, 04:39 PM
For me Looks only.

I dont really care much for performance.. the car performs nicely anyway :)

FlySri
1st May 2004, 05:25 PM
Nothing better than a sleeper!! :twisted:
No hope try hards egos shatter so easily!! :twisted:

Anonymous
2nd May 2004, 12:02 AM
Both.

So you've got a sleeper? I wouldnt want to be driving a fast fridge at the end of the day!

My 2.25 cents.

Anonymous
2nd May 2004, 12:08 AM
10 lengths frankie thats a bit
of a handicap smile its me the man from nsw

frankie9fingers
2nd May 2004, 03:04 PM
Don't worry, give it time. I'm a fully quailified blacksmith now. No more crappy apprentice wages for me anymore.

dug74
2nd May 2004, 03:35 PM
Both is good...

But a sleeper <mine> is excellent becoz ppl thik they can win, and you have this boring only 4dr family car vectra.

Then as the lights change your gone and they are thinkin....did he run a red light..

"Was that FAST, I thought that was FAST"Jodie Foster **Maverick**

Anonymous
3rd May 2004, 12:16 PM

That is SO true!

I'm after performance! Want to keep my car a sleeper and suprise all the muthahuffer tryhard racers.

My mech has a nuts sleeper. 84 Corolla, stock everything outside, Inline 6 Twin turbo inside... Those who are in Melb, you may have seen him in the Dandy area and at the Easternats.

Anonymous
5th May 2004, 06:03 PM
Problem is, a sleeper is useless after a while.

WHY?

Because after running a few people, everyone will point you out, and people will know whats coming...

For example, green kingswood, big block chev. hub caps and venetians. Can spot him a mile away! (or hear him for that matter).

Anonymous
5th May 2004, 07:58 PM
Problem is, a sleeper is useless after a while.

WHY?

Because after running a few people, everyone will point you out, and people will know whats coming...

For example, green kingswood, big block chev. hub caps and venetians. Can spot him a mile away! (or hear him for that matter).

Be Suprized what ya Example Sucks in.
I had a XW Fairmont, 351 Cleveland 2V, Gas Research Twin 850cfm Mixer/Throttle Body Setup, Twin 2" Exhausts. Top Loader, 9" 4.5:1 Full Spool.
It was Known as the Whispering Death, Now ya see it now ya Don't.
Run consistant 11's, Dyno'd Average 525hp At the Wheels.
Looked stock as they day it rolled off the line at Broadmeadows, Until I lowered the rear for better Launch.

Molky
6th May 2004, 01:19 AM
It's good to look great whilst kicking arse..................... 8)

Jass
6th May 2004, 06:36 AM
Thats alot of work on the engine, damn that sounds like a quick car. Dont know about the poo/teracota colour though.

Anonymous
6th May 2004, 04:54 PM
Thats alot of work on the engine, damn that sounds like a quick car. Dont know about the poo/teracota colour though.

Thats the Stock Colour.
I disliked it at 1st then learned to live with it. And with around 600hp on Tap, Very Few Peeps dissed it Colour. :D

YuSuF
6th May 2004, 04:59 PM
Its the perfect illusion

frankie9fingers
6th May 2004, 05:52 PM
Come on Glenn!! you know the first thing the the ford owners handbook is to change the original colour. when i first bought my xb coupe it was burnt orange. looked like sh!t. then i resprayed the lot vitamin c orange like on the et chargers. thing looked aswell as she went.
back in the 70's the design team at ford we on acid, coz they brought out alot of crappy colours like "poo brown" and "queer purple" and "canary yellow"

Anonymous
6th May 2004, 06:07 PM
back in the 70's the design team at ford we on acid, coz they brought out alot of crappy colours like "poo brown" and "queer purple" and "canary yellow"

I hope ya not talking about Wild Voilet as ya "Queer Purple"
That Colour is tha Shiiiiiiiiiit Biatch.

The worst Colour Ford ever try using was Burnt Orange with Purple Race Stripes on the XA SuperBird 302(Rare as)