PDA

View Full Version : Scrathed alloy

GreyRex
16th June 2006, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm not too happy atm... ive scrathed an alloy wheel on my car. It's actually on the spoke, and the edge itself. What i'm wanting to know is, is it possible to get scrathes fixed on your wheels? Im in Melbourne, so ANYONE who knows anything... your comments would be greatly appreciated. They're aftermarket rims, and i'd want to know if it's a quality job

Thanks

InsaneAsylum
16th June 2006, 11:37 AM
there's a place called Advanced Alloy Wheel Repairs in moorabbin....

i haven't got first hand experience with them but everyone i talk to says they are good.

MatsHolden
16th June 2006, 11:40 AM
ahh that's a prick. Yeh you can have scratchs and gouges on alloy wheels repaired. I'm not sure which places in Melbourne exactly, but I know down my way, the Tyre Power place does repairs. Probably won't be exactly like new but will be better than it is atm.

Cheers
Mat

Wraith
16th June 2006, 12:52 PM
Heaps of places in Melb. that fix/repair/respray rims.....the one mentioned above and also refer to yellow pages - stacks in there under wheels section.

EL BURITO
16th June 2006, 12:54 PM
the issue u have is that u will will be hard pressed to get an exact match.
Options are have it done and hope its close anouth, buy another and keep the scratched for a spare, wait till all the others are scrached and get all 4 resprayed.

last quote i got was $65 a wheel on mums cruze wheels

blueraven
16th June 2006, 02:36 PM
yeh this is what happened to me the other night with my dad in the passenger seat.

" can you check how much room i have on that side? this retard hasnt left me much space"..

" heaps, plenty of room"

*SCRAPE*

"DAD WTF?? THESE ARE BRAND NEW &*%$#@ $2k rims man!!!!"

"oh you meant the kerb"

:(