PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN: Red Calibra in ACT

rlay1
11th June 2006, 07:59 PM
Hi guys,

My Calibra was stolen last night (10/06/06) in Watson, ACT.

1992 Red Calibra 16v C20XE
Rego: YEL 75L

Was stock, other than fading purple tint on rear windscreen and rear quarter windows. No tint on driver or passenger side windows.

Passenger side window was smashed to gain entry as all that's left is glass on the ground.

If you have seen this car or have any leads then please contact me on 0423 085 965 or the Police on 131 444.

CAL.16V
11th June 2006, 11:02 PM
how was it stolen? was it deadlocked and alarm on??

stock alarm or what?

bill142
11th June 2006, 11:16 PM
I will keep an eye out for it when I get home. Overseas at the moment, getting home in the morning.

R3N
12th June 2006, 12:32 AM
damn that sucks... theiving bastards *shakes fist*

is it covered under insurance?

rlay1
12th June 2006, 11:26 AM
I only picked up the car a few days earlier.
Didn't even have the chance to test out whether the alarm or deadlock worked.
No after market alarm, only the stock one.
Yes, it is covered under full comp insurance, but I don't really need the hassles especially with exams just around the corner.

oneightoo
12th June 2006, 12:55 PM
some people are just assholes..

PaulyJ
12th June 2006, 01:12 PM
I hope you get it back in one piece with everything ok.
Let us know what happens.

rlay1
12th June 2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah sure, I'll keep you guys updated. 2 days now and still no word and I don't really have high hopes for it.

If it was merely taken for a joy ride it would've come up by now.
I assuming it's been stripped for parts.

btm
13th June 2006, 10:02 AM
I only picked up the car a few days earlier.
Didn't even have the chance to test out whether the alarm or deadlock worked.
No after market alarm, only the stock one.
Yes, it is covered under full comp insurance, but I don't really need the hassles especially with exams just around the corner.
sounds a bit suss maybe...? did you buy the car privately or from a dealer?

tmov81
13th June 2006, 11:44 AM
sounds a bit suss maybe...? did you buy the car privately or from a dealer?
yeah if you bought it privately might be worth doing a drive by on the place you bought it from... jackass might have decided to use his spare key to take it back :(

Kimme
13th June 2006, 11:53 AM
But the theif broke the window to get in the car... doubt they would have gone to that trouble if they had a spare key.

btm
13th June 2006, 12:06 PM
But the theif broke the window to get in the car... doubt they would have gone to that trouble if they had a spare key.
just to make it look more real... this actually happens quite a bit...

Kimme
13th June 2006, 12:11 PM
good point... at least with the broken window, means you can still make the insurance claim! :)

tmov81
13th June 2006, 12:23 PM
considerate thieves in the ACT :)

MiksOpel
13th June 2006, 07:15 PM
Does sound a little suss,
Hope everything goes alright for you, i know what its like during exams, you just put everything aside and prioritise studying, and when problems occur it sends everything haywire....

Goodluck with it all mate,

Tricky Ricky
14th June 2006, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear.....thought cali's aren't exactly high-risk, must be some special interest on the thief's behalf....dodgy

rlay1
17th June 2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the support guys.
The car was purchased from a dealer.
Still no word about the car as yet and the insurance company takes a fortnight to pay out.

sri guy
17th June 2006, 02:52 PM
not good to hear mate. lets rally the troops and have a cruise /opelaus lynch mob on the guy if it was him

beep beep sri
17th June 2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the support guys.
The car was purchased from a dealer.
Still no word about the car as yet and the insurance company takes a fortnight to pay out.

two weeks to get a payout!!! i do'nt like saying it but my mates car got nicked and they got it back smashed up realy bad and it took 2 months to get paid. this was a few years ago now so maybe the laws have changed these day. who you insured threw?

rlay1
18th June 2006, 01:25 PM
Insurance was through Insurer Hotline, some small company which was the cheapest I could find. I've never dealt with them before so not sure how it'll go.

According to their policy statement and the person I talked to on the phone, she said that if not found within a fortnight, they will pay it out.

MatsHolden
18th June 2006, 05:48 PM
Wait until you get grilled by the Insurance investigator, they're bastards.

rlay1
20th June 2006, 08:45 AM
UPDATE - I've just had word that the car has been recovered!

Not sure what condition is it in, it has been towed to a yard.

All I know is that it was found dumped with no more fuel in the tank, a smashed passenger side window and damaged ignition.

I'm currently overseas at the moment, so if anyone in the ACT can help me out with getting the car back on the road it would be much appreciated.

Tricky Ricky
20th June 2006, 10:24 AM
Hopefully they didn't trash it too much. If I live in Canberra I would have gone to recover it for you! Good luck dude

jerrypufflewell
22nd June 2006, 02:13 PM
Do you know what needs to be done to "get it back on the road"?

I would offer to help but I don't know what you need :)

dyslexic
22nd June 2006, 03:45 PM
Hey mate, i live in canberra and might be able to help you out.

Own a calibra myself. Are you a member of the calibra clubs here? www.clubcalibra.org (http://www.clubcalibra.org) & www.holden-calibra.org (http://www.holden-calibra.org).

CAL.16V
22nd June 2006, 08:49 PM
got an alarm installed the other day and the installer said that the standard alarm is very good and would be very hard to steal the car unless the person knew the car very well... think this is the second case i have heard a calibra getting stolen...

rlay1
22nd June 2006, 09:04 PM
As far as I know I'll need to get a new passenger side window.
I might need to get someone to fix/change the ignition barrel.

Not sure what other damage has been done to it.
I get back this weekend, so I'll go and check out the car and take some pics too...

rlay1
22nd June 2006, 09:09 PM
got an alarm installed the other day and the installer said that the standard alarm is very good and would be very hard to steal the car unless the person knew the car very well... think this is the second case i have heard a calibra getting stolen...

CAL what type of alarm did you get?

I am now considering another alarm too... one that would deadlock the doors automatically too.

Did you have to disable the stock alarm or does it work in addition (or in conjunction with it)?

Plus having a remote for the central locking would be convenient too.

CAL.16V
22nd June 2006, 11:15 PM
the normal alarm deadlocks it when you turn the key... alarm should have gone off in the cally if the window was broken if you had the internal microwave sensors on... plus you wouldnt be able to open the door so you would have to get in and out through the passenger wiondow which you said was open... only way to unlock the doors is with a key or if you got to the wiring at the central locking module which i am sure they wopuldnt have so i am assuming the car was found with the doors still deadlocked lol??

i got a 3 point immobiliser with black wiring , glass break sensors, shock sensor ect ..

will have to see if the stock alarm still works havent had time but i assume so as the installer didnt remove any of it from what he told me but might have to put the key in the door for it to activate the internal sensors aswell

blueraven
23rd June 2006, 11:35 AM
when my calibra was stripped, i had the doors deadlocked (and the boot)...but that didnt stop them from pulling half the seats out and removing the stereo/massive sub box thru the window...

i still think it was someone i know, cos hardly anyone knew i had a system in mine, as my window tint was super illegal you couldnt tell what was inside...

and your insurance should handle any repairs needed on your car...

nicecar
24th June 2006, 12:49 AM
when my calibra was stripped, i had the doors deadlocked (and the boot)...but that didnt stop them from pulling half the seats out and removing the stereo/massive sub box thru the window...

i still think it was someone i know, cos hardly anyone knew i had a system in mine, as my window tint was super illegal you couldnt tell what was inside...

and your insurance should handle any repairs needed on your car...

s@it Blueraven, where abouts was your car when they broken into it? You would think with deadlocking that the crown jewels would be safe in your boot.. That would have taken them some time to do.