PDA

View Full Version : Ah astra sri is here!!

sparks
9th June 2006, 04:40 PM
Well i can clearly say the new ah sri turbo astra is here!

click on my link to view this little beast!

its under Ah astra sri turbo...enjoy..

oneightoo
9th June 2006, 04:55 PM
i like it..

the dual exhaust i think looks better than the VXR's single centre exhaust..

sparks
9th June 2006, 05:00 PM
The car looks great in real life but there is no dual exhast...

SSS_Hoon
9th June 2006, 05:10 PM
i dont like the wheels that come with it though.

i think i like it more then the VXR, but i think that would be due to the fact that i aint seen the inside yet.........

SSS_Hoon

sparks
9th June 2006, 05:12 PM
The car will grow on you also the car needs lowering at least 30 mm..

oneightoo
9th June 2006, 05:30 PM
you mean i didnt see exhaust tips on either side of the rear??

Poogene2001
9th June 2006, 05:46 PM
And you can have any colour you like as long as it black white or star silver!! Why not give the people a few Racier options? I'd have thought reb/blue/yellow etc would have been obvious options if u want to promote your car as "performance" based!
Agree it looks nice and comes packed with all the goodies you would want. Including leather and auto climate control.
Anyone tell me what IDS + is?

SSS_Hoon
9th June 2006, 05:55 PM
you mean i didnt see exhaust tips on either side of the rear??

no u didnt see them....

you clicked on the wrong link mate its the last link at the bottom of the links not the AH astra turbo pics you want the ah astra sri turbo pics

SSS_Hoon

oneightoo
9th June 2006, 06:17 PM
no u didnt see them....

you clicked on the wrong link mate its the last link at the bottom of the links not the AH astra turbo pics you want the ah astra sri turbo pics

SSS_Hoon
D'OH!

pay attention lol :D

sparks
9th June 2006, 06:35 PM
yeh i know the colour options are an issue...id say they are keeping the red and arden blue for the vxr once it arrives...

A few interior changes also for the sri again to make the vxr more different than the stock sri turbo..Remember they will have to justify the extra $$$$ on top of the ah sri turbo to the vxr once it arrives..making them different in looks slightly..

Lucky_Astra06
9th June 2006, 06:52 PM
wats da price tag??? tell em the price son, the price!!

sparks
9th June 2006, 07:02 PM
The retail price for this car is $34990.00 + on road costs..

SSS_Hoon
9th June 2006, 07:37 PM
any interior pics?

and what is the specs between the 2 is there much difference at all.

like power wise and the such.

SSS_Hoon

MatsHolden
10th June 2006, 02:31 AM
any interior pics?

and what is the specs between the 2 is there much difference at all.

like power wise and the such.

SSS_Hoon

Power wise the SRi puts out 147kw whereas the VXR puts out 176kw. VXR has 'sportier' suspension, bigger brakes, larger 19" alloys, recaro seats, different interior highlights etc etc. Would like to see the SRi and VXR head to head.

R3N
10th June 2006, 04:48 AM
35k + ORC? hmm... i think the xr5 gives better value at that price. comparing the xr5 to the vxr is one thing... but the xr5 to the sriT?

MK
10th June 2006, 08:26 AM
Automatic gearbox, is it available?

sparks
10th June 2006, 09:24 AM
Auto transmission is out of the question!
6 speed gear box is the only option...

01CDsedan
10th June 2006, 09:39 AM
I wish they'd think outside the box and put these engines in more than just the 3 door cars though...call me mad, but I'd seriously consider one as a wagon.

entice
10th June 2006, 10:45 AM
yep, I think that a wagon with a bigger power output would be very good.
Evenb if it were a TDi

I wonder what rubber they put on the 18's...

Red AH SRI T
10th June 2006, 03:46 PM
Isn't the SRi faster than the XR5???

SSS_Hoon
10th June 2006, 06:24 PM
are the engines the same?

is it just software that gets the vxr more power?

might be cheaper to get a sri and reflash it.

SSS_Hoon

Kimme
10th June 2006, 06:37 PM
The SRi is the Z20LET, I'm pretty sure the vxr is the Z20LEH. Very simalar but the leh can handle a lot more, so I've heard... :P

R3N
10th June 2006, 06:38 PM
are the engines the same?

is it just software that gets the vxr more power?

might be cheaper to get a sri and reflash it.

SSS_Hoon

its like the diff between a wrx and an sti

same engine, diff internals, map, turbo

SSS_Hoon
11th June 2006, 11:28 AM
fair enough thought that might be the case.

i think comparing the XR5 to the SRiT is fair and the VXR is unfair, as the XR5 has been tested at 15.5 and im sure the SRiT is faster then that..

SSS_Hoon

Poogene2001
11th June 2006, 01:34 PM
Again, why does it have to come down to Qtr Mile times?
Surely everyone agrees that there is more to these cars that simply 0-100 accel times and how fast they can cover 400meters? Call me crazy, but how they go around corners, stop, how much petrol they use, how much they cost to repair/service, their depreciation value, etc are all alot more important to me than their standing quarter mile times.
But thats just me! :)

SSS_Hoon
11th June 2006, 03:11 PM
Again, why does it have to come down to Qtr Mile times?
Surely everyone agrees that there is more to these cars that simply 0-100 accel times and how fast they can cover 400meters? Call me crazy, but how they go around corners, stop, how much petrol they use, how much they cost to repair/service, their depreciation value, etc are all alot more important to me than their standing quarter mile times.
But thats just me! :)

i also agree, was just saying that i think its more fair too compare to the SRiT as similar price range is all.

and too some all they care about is how fast and how much power it has and from the some of the posts on here it seems brand loyality has alot to do with it too.

for me it has to look good to me(dont care what others think as its my car), has to go good and handle good too as corners are more fun and anyone can drive fast in a straight line but fast around corners takes skill....

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
12th June 2006, 06:47 PM
i have got to admit the body kit on the Aus SRi t is a much nice finish then the SRi T sports hatch here in the UK and there is some differences to the engines in the VXR over the SRi other than just a uprated map (Lotus developemnt involved) plus the VXR also has a revised uprated Lotus developed chassie

BassyAstra
13th June 2006, 01:40 AM
srit is soo opelaus scene

heart

McMessy
19th June 2006, 03:59 PM
I finally saw one in the flesh today! Damn they look horn. It was a silver number. I asked old mate how long he'd had it and he said "5 minutes" with a big grin on his face.
The 18s look awesome too and the front bar is mean as - is it the same as the vxr or just same shape but smaller or something?

MatsHolden
19th June 2006, 05:15 PM
I finally saw one in the flesh today! Damn they look horn. It was a silver number. I asked old mate how long he'd had it and he said "5 minutes" with a big grin on his face.
The 18s look awesome too and the front bar is mean as - is it the same as the vxr or just same shape but smaller or something?

Didn't think they were officially selling them yet?

The Australian SRi front bar is basically the same as the VXR front bar. Just the foglights are slightly different, and the SRi's grille is chrome rather than colour coded, I think I prefer the chrome.

sparks
20th June 2006, 06:20 AM
Yeh they are on sale there is a 4 month waiting period on the buggers unless you want to pay full boar!

GreyRex
20th June 2006, 10:47 AM
Ok, well after much anticipation i went to my local Holden dealer, and there it was... in black. Believe me, i have been wanting to see this car since the Melbourne Motor Show (was it last years???).

Once again, initial impression is that its a good looking car. The wheels look hot, no doubt about it.

Then u get to the interior. Hmm... i dunno. It's just nothing fantastic. It has a MASSIVE gear knob, for a sports car... it doesnt have the most supportive seats... and theres basically a strip of checkered plastic on the dash to distinguish it (internally) from being different to the base 20K car. And im not alone in thinking this... i had two other mates with me who felt the exact same way

Don't shoot me cuz im a supporter of it!! I also think the VRX is totally awesome and cant wait to see it.

In terms of looks though, i reckon im more of a supporter of say, a CDX with the 18's, and lowered, or the VXR. CDX looks like more of a sleeper, and the VRX looks more complete; sits lower, no silly round reflectors

Don't know if ive made much sense, but thats what i think anyway:)

Red AH SRI T
20th June 2006, 11:22 AM
besides the checkered plastic over the base car you forgot about the silver finish on the centre dash around a/c, radio ect

MatsHolden
20th June 2006, 12:44 PM
In terms of looks though, i reckon im more of a supporter of say, a CDX with the 18's, and lowered, or the VXR. CDX looks like more of a sleeper, and the VRX looks more complete; sits lower, no silly round reflectors

Aren't you forgetting one thing? 2.0L Turbo, 147kw? lol And the front VXR style bar on the SRi looks hot, much better than just a lip extension. A CDX Coupe with 18" wheels, yes would look like a sleeper but the 1.8, 92kw aint gonna cut it lol.

I think it's really about the drive with the SRi, but doing it in comfort.

dug74
24th June 2006, 01:45 AM
Isn't the SRi faster than the XR5???

NO

Cheers
DUG74

Red AH SRI T
24th June 2006, 10:31 AM
are you sure? :p

sri05
24th June 2006, 04:33 PM
Yep, on the car show today on channel 9 the XR5 whipped its arse.
And it was driven by a girl !

MatsHolden
24th June 2006, 04:42 PM
The XR5's real opponent is the VXR.

dug74
24th June 2006, 05:31 PM
The XR5's real opponent is the VXR.
I agree...but its priced to steal sales from the SRiT and if ford were going to go up against the VXR...they would win that as well.. Focus RS which was faster and had AWD.

And i think...ppl will still buy the XR5 over the VXR..becoz of price....

The VXR will be about $43K, where the XR5 is $35K..so for $8K less...you lose a bit of power...hmmm 8Kw isnt it :D. But you get a better looking car with 5 doors.

Cheers
DUG74

Wraith
24th June 2006, 06:21 PM
I agree...but its priced to steal sales from the SRiT and if ford were going to go up against the VXR...they would win that as well.. Focus RS which was faster and had AWD.

And i think...ppl will still buy the XR5 over the VXR..becoz of price....

The VXR will be about $43K, where the XR5 is $35K..so for $8K less...you lose a bit of power...hmmm 8Kw isnt it :D. But you get a better looking car with 5 doors.

Cheers
DUG74

Xr5 better looking than a VXR - that's definitely a matter of opinion - IMO VXR is better looking than any of the new up and coming hot hatches........as for above price comparison, you could use the same arguement for sri t vs xr5, remember that an orange duco example and coloured interior push the price of an xr5 up to around 40k........that's 6k more for what ? orange paint and 19kw lol.....

I like the look of the new AH sri t and IMO this is the car that's gonna take sales away from both the XR5 and VXR.......at its list price I reckon it's gonna follow suit to the Astra G sri t and be a " bang for your bucks " winner, we'll have to wait and see when it lines up on Motor mags annual comparison.

MatsHolden
26th June 2006, 05:44 PM
Well just drove the new SRi Turbo and gee is it nice. Obviously didn't fang it, but you could just tell it's got plenty to offer. Small sports leather wrapped steering wheel is great, seats very supportive and the 6 speed gear box, well it's fantastic.

Shaun
26th June 2006, 06:42 PM
Good to see that there using the Vauxhall Crome V Grille rather then the Opel Grille.. Looks more classy. And the front bar looks like a VXR bar but not as deep. Thats to do with a optional body kit for europe the guys over here tell me. But after going in a VXr While i have been in London my heart is set on one even more then it was before i come over here.

SSS_Hoon
26th June 2006, 08:15 PM
Good to see that there using the Vauxhall Crome V Grille rather then the Opel Grille.. Looks more classy. And the front bar looks like a VXR bar but not as deep. Thats to do with a optional body kit for europe the guys over here tell me. But after going in a VXr While i have been in London my heart is set on one even more then it was before i come over here.

so shaun do tell us about your ride in the vxr and was it aussies?

SSS_Hoon

Pom
27th June 2006, 08:19 AM
Also drove the SRi at the w/e ((ahead of picking my baby up this Friday - black of course!). Currently drive a nissan 200sx s15, which i've been very happy with - but this little baby is going to steal my heart! It has to be one of the most beautiful cars on the road. And comfortable. And - for a 2-door coupe - roomy.
May not be quite as punchy as the xr5, which I test drove the other week (but its a hell of a lot better looking - and, with leather, $3k cheaper) or the MPS (which again has questionable looks to offset the power - and is almost $9.5k more on the road, with substandard - ie only partial - leather) or the VXR when it arrives, but unless all you plan to do is hoon around it is punchy enough and amazingly smooth on the gear change (you hardly need to tap the clutch). After the Nissan (which picked up PCOTY) it lost nothing in punch when running/overtaking/screaming round corners (I had a very understanding salesman, who was on his first spin in the baby).
One last point - I've heard the inside layout described as boring - certainly not from where I was sitting. A top-notch stereo and trip computer that takes a bit of getting used to but is all at your fingertips, along with cruise and climate control provide a great centrepiece.

MatsHolden
28th June 2006, 10:33 AM
Just heading down to the dealer now to put a deposit down for one for the old man!:D :D :D

Wraith
28th June 2006, 12:53 PM
Lucky you Mat, you'll be able to enjoy it without paying for it......way to go

MatsHolden
28th June 2006, 04:04 PM
Lucky you Mat, you'll be able to enjoy it without paying for it......way to go

That's the plan! :D

Poogene2001
1st July 2006, 05:21 PM
Just adding my name to the list of those who have taken the SRi for a spin. And I was mightily impressed. Even though on paper i lean towards the XR5, the fact that no dealer can offer a test drive (atleast the ones in VIC) kind of puts me off even thinking about it as option.
To be honest i expected the SRi to be a little less focused, a little more floaty but i was happily surprised to find the engine super responsive (once you get past 2500rpm) and the steering very communicative (thanks to the $325 tyres).
I was even more amazed at how keen the dealer was for me to put the boot into the little 2.0t despite the Odometer reading 39km's... I know the engines get run in at the factory, but i feel sorry for who ever buys that ex demo car!!
Got to find out what all those acronyms mean (IDS, CDC, etc) when i threw the car onto a freeway offramp at 100km/h, and the little bugger just gripped and pulled (in 3rd) like crazy.
Now, all i need to do is find someone to sell my '05 CDX Hatch to, and i can start working out the finance options. :)

MatsHolden
1st July 2006, 05:28 PM
Yeh the IDS and CDC are impressive little features, it's an amazing handling car, can pretty much throw it into any corner and you'd be hard pressed to lose it. How smooth is the engine and gear box! Beautiful...

entice
1st July 2006, 06:07 PM
so what tyres and size is standard?

Poogene2001
1st July 2006, 06:13 PM
If I recall correctly the SRi i drove wore Bridgestone Potenza S03's.
They are 235/40R18. Load rating 91, speed rating Y.
Which is a pretty low profile tyre, with a symetrical tread pattern!
Expect to pay between $300 and $350 per tyre retail.

entice
1st July 2006, 06:49 PM
Just checked the Holden website.
225/40/18
92W

BUT
SO3's according to Bridgestone site come in 88Y, and the G3's are an 88Z

interesting...

MatsHolden
1st July 2006, 06:57 PM
They're actually Dunlops on the SRi.