PDA

View Full Version : foglights for TS Sri

gforce
7th June 2006, 11:23 AM
Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone would know where I can get the front foglight unit (I have a broken glass cover and apparently they don't sell this seperately) for a good price, I don't mind a second hand unit. Because the new one seems to be 260+ for passenger side. Pretty expensive for a broken lamp cover!! :( Thanks

InsaneAsylum
7th June 2006, 11:28 AM
that's generally how it works. for instance, you snap the small plastic collar on your gearstick.... looks like it'll be worth no more than 50 cents to replace, then you find out holden only sell the whole gearstick assembly for $350.

your best bet is to either go to a wrecker and get lucky, or find the manufacturer of the light (probably valeo or carrello) and see if you can order spares. also check ozeparts.com.au

imay
7th June 2006, 12:34 PM
eBay . . . problem solved, however it will still probably involve buying the whole unit. I think you will be very lucky to get just the glass.

gforce
7th June 2006, 12:44 PM
Thanks, I guess I better replace the whole thing. Just had a mechanic of mine ringing around, $208 at the moment, still expensive but at least better than what it was. Thanks for the input :)

low astra
7th June 2006, 04:12 PM
u can get non genuine ones from some of the after market panel shops, where are u located, last time i looked they were like $90 each or something for aftermarket whole unit

EL BURITO
7th June 2006, 05:05 PM
order then from the UK a few companys export used parts the Caly guys can probly surrgest some one

oneightoo
7th June 2006, 05:13 PM
try here http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Nem
7th June 2006, 05:35 PM
Check Ozeparts (http://www.ozeparts.com.au). $85 each.

gforce
9th June 2006, 11:47 AM
Great! thanks for the suggestions. If I go after market, it means that I have to change the driver's side of foglight as well. May add up to the price of one factory foglight. I have cancelled the order for that anyway as I still can't quite get over the fact 208 for a broken glass cover:confused:

gforce
9th June 2006, 11:53 AM
I think I am gonna order from ozpart, looks like factory replacement. Thanks!

Bernard Siong
9th June 2006, 03:18 PM
I think I am gonna order from ozpart, looks like factory replacement. Thanks!
i got this one
at first when i got it i thought it looked a bit different
but its exactly lke ur oem one!
and i've had it for ovr a year with no water leaks

my mates warned me abt water leak because they got the same TUW ones for their beemers