PDA

View Full Version : Talon Body Kit on my astra G.

maloo97
5th June 2006, 10:21 PM
Hey all.

Just last week i got a kit put on my Astra g i would like to share some info and pics.

Front - Dominator (http://www.talonbodystyling.com.au/products/holden/astra_ts_convertible(2dr)/astra_ts_convertible(2dr)107-80.htm) - Fog lights with switch.
Side - Gtz
Rear - Gtz. - Custom for twin zorst.

Very happy with outcome.

Well iv been dealing with talon body styling direct at sutherland and well i got talking to the sales manager of talon Michael Sorry i have forgotten Surname.
He took quite an interest in an astra with opel badges as he said he had never seen it. I explained i belonged to opelaus. and told him to take a look. When i went to pick my car up that same day we had a chat for quite a while. He also said he would like to Support opelaus members by giving a 5% discount on any product. Well i know 5% might not sound a lot to some but hey it helps. Also links to web address and so on. I personally dont know about that so i would have to cheak with wayne -Turblue. Also Michael added Talon was setting up a tv show on Sbs aussie verson of pimp my ride so stay tuned there.

Thanks Guys. :)
Pics might be dodgy as there off my phone.
When i get better ones i will post.

1OPL2C
5th June 2006, 11:47 PM
looks awesome man.. some biga rims would finish it off..

oh and where exactly is this shop, i drove around looking for it but couldnt find it.. isnt it around near where the holden dealer and stuff are?

EL BURITO
6th June 2006, 12:11 AM
well i am going to be honest this is MY OPINION i dont think i like the front bumper to much. reast of it i like

maloo97
6th June 2006, 08:34 AM
well i am going to be honest this is MY OPINION i dont think i like the front bumper to much. reast of it i like

Yes true just like the name ... It dominates the whole car.

I am now slyopel's Twin.

1OPL2C They are in the industrial area behind the car dealerships.
459 The Boulevarde
Kirrawee NSW 2232.

http://www.talonbodystyling.com.au

btm
6th June 2006, 08:36 AM
nice work man - now all you need is colour coding the door trims :)

oh.. and 18" bling :p

maloo97
6th June 2006, 08:45 AM
nice work man - now all you need is colour coding the door trims :)

oh.. and 18" bling :p

True aye. Colour coding for sure. Bling Nar But some nice 17' or 18' will be good. Tinted windows Thats it.

Oh an 1OPL2C it's more a factory. I beleave there working on a shop Down stairs....

btm
6th June 2006, 08:57 AM
i'm looking at getting mine colour coded also

i'll let you know if i find a good place down south

if you find somewhere, let us know and we'll see if we can get an opelaus discount for 2 cars :D

maloo97
6th June 2006, 09:05 AM
Sure thing sounds good.
Im good at gettin opelaus discounts :p

JR
6th June 2006, 10:25 PM
hmm....i gotta agree with WA04SXI, the front bumper is a bit dramatic for me.

i don't mean to b picky, but in da first pic, the color matching of ur bumper n the rest of the car doesn't match exactly.

otherwise, the rest looks good.

tmov81
6th June 2006, 11:58 PM
its quite an agressive bar, and not going to be to everyones tastes, but i think if i had an astra, I would definately consider this bar (obviously depending on the price) because i think it would definately grow on me...

now for practicality :D ... how about feeding the air from those inlets to the outside of the foglights towards the inside of the front brake rotors? Is that a possibility... because it would be pimpalicious if you could :D

CAL.16V
7th June 2006, 06:17 PM
not a fan... the rear skirt is nice though

PaulyJ
7th June 2006, 10:35 PM
Slyopel (Joe) will be p1ssed... he was the only one.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/paulyj/BlackSpur20.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/paulyj/BlackSpur17.jpg

maloo97
8th June 2006, 03:00 AM
We are now brothers :p

Nem
8th June 2006, 10:02 AM
Slyopel (Joe) will be p1ssed... he was the only one.
I've had this kit on my car for over two years. When I bought it Cher was the only one on OpelAus I knew that also had it.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/bmanfield/SAstra.jpg

Ben

oneightoo
8th June 2006, 10:13 AM
cripes!! you'se are poppin all over the darn place!

PaulyJ
8th June 2006, 12:55 PM
looks like we have a little 4sum going on here...

mr_sikma
8th July 2006, 12:11 PM
how was the fit with the skirts?

are they screwed on and glued aswell?

maloo97
8th July 2006, 12:39 PM
how was the fit with the skirts?

are they screwed on and glued aswell?
I watched them put em on. Great fit. Just screwed.

mr_sikma
9th July 2006, 12:01 PM
did they use any glue at all?

mine have just been scrwed on but they have a bit of a gap where the doors open.

most other skirts i have seen have been glues, for safety aswell i spose and to stop being undoing 4 screws and having your skirts.

so are they just screwed back and front or in the middle aswell?

because i have a few spare screws.

maloo97
9th July 2006, 09:53 PM
Ill have a good look tomoz ... but sure just screwed.

mr_sikma
9th July 2006, 11:52 PM
ok no worries.

i am going to the shop 2mrw to have another look and see why it wont fit up properly!

maloo97
10th July 2006, 10:49 AM
Just found out the side has 6 Screws, Also a long strip of heavy duty double sided glue tape. Hope this helps. Let us know how you get along, If not Slyopel might help.

mr_sikma
10th July 2006, 11:57 AM
so 3 screws each end?

yeah i thought there would have to be some sort of glue holding the middle parts.

didnt seem right as they are pretty long!

thanks

maloo97
10th July 2006, 12:37 PM
Yeh man 3 screws each end. Ill take a pic when i finsih work,

mr_sikma
10th July 2006, 11:39 PM
any news?

mine were put on 2day with some more glue and it seemed to stick better and fill the gaps. mite need some stronger stuff though soon.

maloo97
11th July 2006, 06:07 PM
Man my work computer crashed so been with out somputer today i will take a pic and get back on here as soon as hp fix the prob.