30th May 2006, 08:39 AM
how about the back seat?

btm
30th May 2006, 09:00 AM
how about the back seat?
now where is the style in that... :)

Red AH SRI T
30th May 2006, 09:04 AM
if they are on the back seat everyone can see you are going to the golf club to play gold, if they are in the boot, no one can see!!!

tmov81
30th May 2006, 10:29 AM
looks good... except for the ass... i dont like the tigra style rear end...

DirtyHarry
30th May 2006, 11:34 AM
nice. car but cant see it being sold here since you already had the tigra. too bad though.

Red AH SRI T
30th May 2006, 11:38 AM
nice. car but cant see it being sold here since you already had the tigra. too bad though.

Tigra = 2 Seater Manual Only

Astra = 4 Seater, Manual and Auto and possibly 2 engine choices again

Astra Convertible should be here last Quater this yer or first quater next year

tmov81
30th May 2006, 12:19 PM
looks good... except for the ass... i dont like the tigra style rear end...
actually my bad... it was the opel speedster/vauxhall vx2220 rear end first :P

Wraith
30th May 2006, 12:54 PM
Being a convertible owner myself I've gotta say

Simply brilliant and beautiful........

mixmelb
30th May 2006, 04:25 PM
Very nice and elegant

Poogene2001
30th May 2006, 07:41 PM
sexy roof motion, but it seems to take a fairly long time from fully up, to fully down. With roof down, the process of putting anything in the boot seemed pretty damn flimsy and complicated. the only other negative is that with so many moving parts in the roof, im betting there are gonna be alot of faults in the short term.
Otherwise, sexy as a whole (cant avoid the weird bum with convertible hard tops it seems) and I hope they put the Turbo 2.0L into it!

nicecar
30th May 2006, 08:24 PM
sexy roof motion, but it seems to take a fairly long time from fully up, to fully down. With roof down, the process of putting anything in the boot seemed pretty damn flimsy and complicated. the only other negative is that with so many moving parts in the roof, im betting there are gonna be alot of faults in the short term.
Otherwise, sexy as a whole (cant avoid the weird bum with convertible hard tops it seems) and I hope they put the Turbo 2.0L into it!

Hey guys, you are forgetting, this is with the hood down,

sure with the hood up the boot would fit many clubs ;)

MatsHolden
30th May 2006, 09:11 PM
I like it. Here's a 'hotted up' version I did a couple of months ago. Lowered it, large diameter rims, red brake callipers, some subtle changes here and there and the most obvious, the colour change. :) That's how i'd have mine anyway.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/HotAstra.jpg

imay
31st May 2006, 12:42 PM
Not sayin' I don't like it . . . still got to see it in the flesh to make the final decision . . . however, I don't go much on the metal roof image. That's just not a convertible! You want a metal roof and still let in the light . . . get a sunroof.
I know they are all heading the same way, but I still prefer my fabric roof (even with it's short-comings).

Having said all that . . . I'm looking forward to checking it out, along with the new VW Eos when it arrives. Now that's one nice looking cabrio . . . just a shame about the metal roof!

MatsHolden
31st May 2006, 12:53 PM
hmm I prefer the hard top convertables. :)

PaulyJ
31st May 2006, 12:58 PM
Mat that looks awesome!
Good stuff
I'd get one if they had that colour!

Wraith
31st May 2006, 01:11 PM
Mat, that's an awesome effort you've done there - well done, love the colour.

I'm with Imay, ie: got a thing for soft top convertibles, but if I can afford it and if it comes to Aust in 2.0ltr turbo, I'll buy one...........

I'll keep my current TS turbo convertible as well, as they look like 2 totally different cars.

BTW lack of boot space when the top is down - who cares, just ask any convertible owner out there if boot volume makes any difference in the decision to buy a convertible........

nicecar
31st May 2006, 08:22 PM
BTW lack of boot space when the top is down - who cares, just ask any convertible owner out there if boot volume makes any difference in the decision to buy a convertible........

Nope, when I looked at Convertibles 3 years ago, I saw the Mazda MX5, Toyota MR2. The Astra kicked ass on boot size and extras and still have it to this day.

The MR2's boot is so small that you would just about get a laptop in it!!! - That is unpractical. The Astra you can get shopping, a bass tube and boxes in it ;)

imay
1st June 2006, 12:35 PM
If the argument for and against getting a convertible comes down to boot size, just check out the available boot space in a Porsche! At least the Carrera has a back seat (sort of!) that can be used to sit an overnight bag on. The Boxster only has room for a shopping bag in the front boot.

There's enough room in the Astra for my wife and I to go on a motoring holiday for a week or more . . . her stuff in the boot, my bag of jox'n'sox on the back seat!

But, as has been said earlier, you don't NOT buy a convertible because of the lack of boot space.

Wraith
1st June 2006, 12:46 PM
Imay and Nicecar, you 2 guys are spot on..........

Good to see all convertible owners thinking alike...........