PDA

View Full Version : What Colour Would You Paint Your Car?

lowey22
24th May 2006, 04:30 PM
I might be getting a respray soon as a mate can do it for me for only the cost of the paint. So I was just going to keep it the same colour (white!), but then I got to thinking I could have any colour I wanted. I do like white a lot though :D

So I as wondering what colour you would paint your car if you could have any colour you wanted? Also if you have any suggestions for me, I'd be keen to hear them.

1OPL2C
24th May 2006, 04:39 PM
hot pink lol

blueraven
24th May 2006, 04:44 PM
black with a blue flip :D

no idea why :rolleyes:

btm
24th May 2006, 05:28 PM
ferrari red for sure :D

MatsHolden
24th May 2006, 06:06 PM
Either White with a blue fine metallic fleck in it, a goldy orange or a black with red and blue fine metallic flecks.

tmov81
24th May 2006, 06:42 PM
this colour :)
http://i4.tinypic.com/10i9nj7.jpg

Dee
24th May 2006, 06:49 PM
arden blue or equivalent

or this colour (its custom)
http://frisky.ausgamers.com/PADDLN/4.jpg

R3N
24th May 2006, 07:28 PM
how the car looks in the end depends on how good your mate is with prepping... i wouldn't get a full respray just because it is free. i'm no expert but generally you get what you pay for. I'd just keep it white IMO, maybe go with some gold or blue flakes on top.

CateO
24th May 2006, 08:42 PM
Definately PINK .... for me :)

beep beep sri
24th May 2006, 08:54 PM
how the car looks in the end depends on how good your mate is with prepping... i wouldn't get a full respray just because it is free. i'm no expert but generally you get what you pay for. I'd just keep it white IMO, maybe go with some gold or blue flakes on top.

what he said. but on saying that we got mt girlfriends bike re painted by racepaint and got it done hot pink with blue perl and a week latter we saw a gemini with the same paint job looks mad and depending on the light its hot pink (daytime), purple (underlights) and its goes another colour sometimes aswell. and ive seen an astra near me thats painted hot pink and must say it looks great.

PaulyJ
24th May 2006, 09:01 PM
I dunno...
Metallic black with a red pearl thru it
an awesome rich blue with a purply pearl or
Candy apple red with blue pearl

MatsHolden
24th May 2006, 09:06 PM
arden blue or equivalent

or this colour (its custom)

Looks a bit like Holden's Cosmo Purple on the VY II

cyclonic
24th May 2006, 09:28 PM
Hmm purple with a camileon flip to red...
Or Blue with a camelion flip to aqua

Or a white metallic.

CJB
24th May 2006, 09:46 PM
Orange. General Lee orange. Lowey, why not just keep it white? I reckon white cars look hot.

Dee
24th May 2006, 09:48 PM
Looks a bit like Holden's Cosmo Purple on the VY II
yes it does... but its not ;) trust me

tmov81
24th May 2006, 11:37 PM
leave it white... but do the b & c pillars and the roof in black so it looks like a convertible :D

gemstar_007
25th May 2006, 01:47 AM
ohhh no lowey!!! u dissapoint me!! :( :( how can you go beyond white.... *cries*

but.....
if i had the chance i would paint it RED 4 sure.. hehe apparently it makes them go faster too :p

btm
25th May 2006, 08:16 AM

that's a paddlin'...

lowey22
25th May 2006, 08:51 AM
crispy and gem - yea i think white is going to be the go, plus its harder to fcuk up white (hopefully). might think about getting a slight metallic white, that would be sweet.

btm - talking about paddlin', that's a paddlin'...

low astra
25th May 2006, 05:01 PM
go pink that flips 2 purple, white is so common these days

lowey22
25th May 2006, 05:07 PM
white common!? blasphemy! :p

sri guy
25th May 2006, 05:25 PM
probably the stock metallic black with blue or purple pearl.

Dee
25th May 2006, 05:56 PM
crispy and gem - yea i think white is going to be the go, plus its harder to fcuk up white (hopefully). might think about getting a slight metallic white, that would be sweet.

btm - talking about paddlin', that's a paddlin'...
tsk tsk tsk you too...

they are for sale if anyone in vic is interested... $500 apparently

MatsHolden
25th May 2006, 06:48 PM
probably the stock metallic black with blue or purple pearl.

The stock Black Saphire actually has like a reddish purple metallic fleck in it.

CJB
26th May 2006, 01:13 PM

btw crispy, u have such great advice

thanks lowey :p

haha, yeah man, I like your car in white cos it looks good with the tail lights and wheels.

Plus, I think white cars are hot. Never use to, but I love them now. I want a white car.

CJB
26th May 2006, 01:15 PM
The stock Black Saphire actually has like a reddish purple metallic fleck in it.

actually, Holden told me the stock black sapphire had blue in it - when I had the defect in the paint, there were like aruba blue flakes in it... the guy told me because the base of the black paint is blue.

Thats just what Holden said - as we know, they are known to NOT know what the hell they are on about. :rolleyes:

MatsHolden
26th May 2006, 02:15 PM
actually, Holden told me the stock black sapphire had blue in it - when I had the defect in the paint, there were like aruba blue flakes in it... the guy told me because the base of the black paint is blue.

Thats just what Holden said - as we know, they are known to NOT know what the hell they are on about. :rolleyes:

lol, have a look at it in the sunlight, there's purply reddy metallic flecks in it.

CJB
26th May 2006, 03:49 PM
lol, have a look at it in the sunlight, there's purply reddy metallic flecks in it.

I did, mines red from the dust :D

I have another time, and I see purple/blue in it - never seen red :confused:

Odd.

MatsHolden
26th May 2006, 04:18 PM
I did, mines red from the dust :D

I have another time, and I see purple/blue in it - never seen red :confused:

Odd.

hmm strange, definately no blue in mine.

EL BURITO
26th May 2006, 04:47 PM
red and black with a white pin stripes

xplosv57
26th May 2006, 08:20 PM
Canary Yellow!! Itll look awesome yellow with turbo tinted lights and dark windows!! Thats my opinion anyways!!

lowey22
27th May 2006, 08:35 PM
I thought about yellow, would be different. Might look too much like a falcon or a monaro?

But it looks like the cheap respray may not happen, my mate has been sent to Timor, minimum of 3 months i think.

gemstar_007
28th May 2006, 12:03 AM
I thought about yellow, would be different. Might look too much like a falcon or a monaro?

But it looks like the cheap respray may not happen, my mate has been sent to Timor, minimum of 3 months i think.

BUGGA!!!.... :(