PDA

View Full Version : Opel Owners! Now taking Expressions of interest.

Poogene2001
23rd May 2006, 10:40 AM
As has been mentioned in a previous post, I am trying to import a front bar for my Astra H. It has been suggested to me that combining multiple purchases and shipping into one transaction may cut the overall cost.
So, having said that, I am opening this up to all Opelaus members who have been yearning for something Irmscher but have always found it too difficult or expensive to get! Go to www.irmscher.com (http://www.irmscher.com) find the item(s) that interest you, and we can investigate as a group whether or not it makes financial sense to buy and ship (sea freight) the parts all together. Distribution within Australia would be cheap compared to the inital cost of getting them into the country.
Also, I am investigating getting copies made of the Astra H front bar ( http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799 ) through a company here in Melbourne. I am trying to keep the cost around $750 (half the price carshine.com asks for its ugly front bar) so if anyone would be interested in that, also please let me know. Details are sketchy at the moment because I am yet to talk price with the plastics company but if the price is right it could be a good deal.
Would be nice to finally find a channel for bringing the bigger body parts to Australia!

pred8r
23rd May 2006, 07:21 PM
I got my Steiny grille through a guy in Germany, he does car bits and doesnt speak english. However, his father does and his business is shipping :D
Not sure if they can get Irmy though.

I got a quote from them for a Lexmaul front bar in which shipping alone was under 150euro (around $1100, front bar and delivery), dont know if it helps but PM me if you want to know more.

pred8r
14th June 2006, 08:10 PM
Hows it going?

Poogene2001
14th June 2006, 08:34 PM
Hows it going?

Nadda, nothing, nichts, nientey.

If no one is keen then there is no point in wasting my time.
I just got a new job at a car leasing company, so i think the Astra's day are numbered anyway.
Me thinks 2.5i subaru liberty will be in my garage before the end of the year!

pred8r
14th June 2006, 11:30 PM
Nadda, nothing, nichts, nientey.

If no one is keen then there is no point in wasting my time.
I just got a new job at a car leasing company, so i think the Astra's day are numbered anyway.
Me thinks 2.5i subaru liberty will be in my garage before the end of the year!

Go the B4 :D

Poogene2001
14th June 2006, 11:48 PM
hehe
:D
if it wasnt for the blue leather, massive turbo lag between 1st and 2nd turbo's, and huge insurance bills, then maybe I would consider it!!

Wraith
15th June 2006, 01:08 PM
Hang in there Poogene, probably not much response because there arn't that many Astra H owners yet.........

Give it 12 months or so and try again - should be heaps of VXR owners by then - maybe they don't want to change the front bar though...

Aus-SRi
16th June 2006, 06:22 PM
Keep an eye out as i know a guy in the UK, he can get irmscher stuff at pretty decent prices, i told him to register to opelaus, so once he puts a post, just direct any questions of what you would like and he should be able to give you a price.

Poogene2001
16th June 2006, 06:46 PM
its not the price of the bumper thats a problem
its getting the damn thing to australia!!

pred8r
17th June 2006, 08:26 AM
its not the price of the bumper thats a problem
its getting the damn thing to australia!!

Bingo, give the man a dollar. Anything large ie bumper will cost around $700AUD or more just to get here, thats a lot to risk.

nicecar
17th June 2006, 01:23 PM
Do you thing that they would allow you to carry a front lower bumper as luggage on a plane?

That would be a good idea,
If you know anyone who is flying to get them to take it. Last time I was in the uk, I brought over a sit-up bench. It was quite big, just wrapped in black plastic. It was no problem checking in.

EL BURITO
17th June 2006, 01:33 PM
that would be a funny sight. walking into Heathrow with a Airdam bumper under ya arm. Dose it weight over 30kg?