PDA

View Full Version : **New mirrors m3 style** updated pics aswell

Gildo
20th May 2006, 04:10 PM
just a quick update on my car.
got a set of m3 style wing mirrors the other day from the UK.

Pics:
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/Gildo1/?action=view&current=P5200067.jpg
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/Gildo1/?action=view&current=P5200076.jpg
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/Gildo1/?action=view&current=P5200069.jpg
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/Gildo1/?action=view&current=P5200083.jpg

what you all think. all comments welcome!

EL BURITO
20th May 2006, 04:19 PM
looking good there mate

MatsHolden
20th May 2006, 05:22 PM
Prefer the standard mirrors but still a nicely done car. :)

Red AH SRI T
20th May 2006, 05:35 PM
Three thumbs up!!!

pred8r
20th May 2006, 07:27 PM
Nice... :D

CJB
21st May 2006, 03:27 PM
looks good gildo - definitely well worth the money!!!!!

typetnt
22nd May 2006, 12:09 PM
Looks bloody great! Although I don't recall any BMW models at the moment, are they called M3 because it's like the side mirrors on an M3 BMW? Just out of curiosity and because I'm too lazy to look. :)

oneightoo
22nd May 2006, 12:18 PM
there is an M3 bmw, but i wouldnt know what the mirrors on them look like, i'm guessing they are the same tho..

Wraith
22nd May 2006, 12:44 PM
Looks bloody great! Although I don't recall any BMW models at the moment, are they called M3 because it's like the side mirrors on an M3 BMW? Just out of curiosity and because I'm too lazy to look. :)

They are called M3 mirrors because they're copied from the E36 model M3.

This model of mirrior has become the most popular copied aftermarket design - they look fantastic even today.

The E36 was the model released from 1991-1998 or there abouts, as you said, current M3 mirrors which is the E46 model are different.

I've got a set on my Astra T convertible as well, (original Steinmetz units) they look soooooo much better than the originals.

btm
22nd May 2006, 01:10 PM
i've said it before, and i'll say it again.... i love your car gildo! :)

cyclonic
22nd May 2006, 04:23 PM
Looks awesome! Very close to how I want my car to be.

PaulyJ
22nd May 2006, 06:06 PM
They look awesome!
Must say, you've got the neatest looking Corsa in OA.

mr_sikma
7th July 2006, 12:40 PM
looking good mate!

were they easy to fit?

why the uk when you can get the here? what did u pay?

Wraith
7th July 2006, 01:02 PM
looking good mate!

were they easy to fit?

why the uk when you can get the here? what did u pay?

Sorry to butt in, but I'll try and answer this one:

I got mine also from O/S because -

1. they have the correct bases for the Opel range of cars, most M3 mirrors here have incompatible bases, non at all for the Astra G convertible........

2. they have heated/electric replacement units, just like the original factory mirrors, (havn't seen any of the cheaper local units with this feature) I know you probably don't need this feature in Aust. but it's good to keep all the features the car was born with if you can and also the wiring loom is directly compatible, which along with the correct base makes fitting a breeze, to answer your 2nd question.

3. they are fully road legal, don't know if the local cheaper sets are legally approved or not for road use ??

Don't know the price of the ones used above, but mine cost around $400 for the set, delivered to my door from the U.K. where they have proper RHD sets - they are Steinmetz brand and have all the legal road use approvals, onother important point, as I mentioned above, you wouldn't want to have insurance hassles, just for a set of M3 mirrors, worth the extra expense me thinks.

mr_sikma
7th July 2006, 01:18 PM
why would you tell your insurance about mirrors?

the uk ones seem double the price, and the ones here would be imported anyway!

Wraith
7th July 2006, 01:27 PM
why would you tell your insurance about mirrors?

the uk ones seem double the price, and the ones here would be imported anyway!

You don't have to tell them anything - but if your involved in an accident and they check them and find they're not legal, you could have serious issues and they could void your policy........

Same thing applies for things like under load rated tyres etc. etc. these days they try every trick in the book to get out of paying large claims.

There are alot of people who have copped it hard with this kind of thing...

The local ones here are half the price because they're probably made and imported from China, but I can tell you because I've checked alot of these out, the quality isn't the same, in the end though it's each up to their own - I'm happy with proper units from O/S which have been specifically designed and made for that particular application.

corsa2nv
7th July 2006, 03:48 PM
really suit the car well, am thinking about getting a pair as mine are stockies and are not colour coded :P

mr_sikma
8th July 2006, 02:46 AM
lol big difference between mirrors and tyre loadings!!!