PDA

View Full Version : ok own up

mr corsa
15th May 2006, 08:20 PM
whos the astra driver ?:eek:
Young drivers stripped of their licences - F3 Morisset
14 May 2006

Three young motorists have been stripped of their licences after allegedly being caught speeding on the F3 at Morisset, south of Newcastle.
Police from Newcastle Highway Patrol were conducting radar duties on the freeway about 9.50pm yesterday (Saturday 13 May), when they allegedly clocked a Volkswagen Golf, Toyota Corolla and Holden Astra travelling at speeds between 164km/h and 169km/h.
The speed limit on that stretch of road is 110km/h.
Officers stopped all three vehicles a short time later and spoke with the male drivers.
Further inquiries revealed the driver of the Volkswagen, a 22-year-old Beverley Hills man, was the holder of a suspended ‘P2’ licence.
He was issued a court attendance notice for the offences of driving whilst disqualified, driving at a speed and manner dangerous and exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h. He will appear in Toronto Local Court on 7 June 2006.

The Toyota driver was issued a court attendance notice for the offences of driving at a speed and manner dangerous and exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h. The 20-year Caringbah man will appear in Toronto Local Court on the same date. His ‘P2’ licence was also confiscated by police.
The driver of the Holden, a 22-year-old Quakers Hill man, was issued a traffic infringement notice for exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h. Officers also took possession of his licence.
Police have sent a clear warning to those motorists who insist on doing the wrong thing that it’s not only their lives they are putting at risk but the lives of other innocent road users.

MatsHolden
15th May 2006, 08:26 PM
Take it to the track or the drags fellers...

mykk
15th May 2006, 08:36 PM
but did the astra win ?!?!?!?!? :P

PaulyJ
15th May 2006, 08:39 PM
Thats just plain stupid!
As Mat said, if you're gonna do something like that, take it to a track.

mr corsa
15th May 2006, 08:41 PM
but did the astra win ?!?!?!?!? :P

in the end no one won :D

Shaun
15th May 2006, 09:53 PM
Thats just stupid ...

btm
16th May 2006, 08:30 AM
i didn't know the golf and the corolla could go that fast... :p

Red AH SRI T
16th May 2006, 08:54 AM
what a bunch of tools

oneightoo
16th May 2006, 09:36 AM
what a bunch of tools
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000VCTEO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Red AH SRI T
16th May 2006, 10:03 AM
ROFLMAO!!!

oh how u make me laugh!!!

and wet myself ;)

SSS_Hoon
16th May 2006, 04:25 PM
i didn't know the golf and the corolla could go that fast... :p

i can excuse for thinkin that about the rolla, but the golf well that is jsut bcoz when you look down to change gears the golf is gone.

damm tools

SSS_Hoon

MatsHolden
16th May 2006, 04:29 PM
i can excuse for thinkin that about the rolla, but the golf well that is jsut bcoz when you look down to change gears the golf is gone.

Not a standard golf, i've seen golf's beaten by Toyota Echos. But a GTi, well...

Bernard Siong
17th May 2006, 11:00 AM
even the golf dti pretty fast
my mate went against one in his renult clio sport
and even my mate was surprised but he still caught it haha

SSS_Hoon
17th May 2006, 03:49 PM
yeah the tdi go ok too.

im liking the new clio sport 197 looks the goods, damm crazy french

SSS_Hoon

cyclonic
17th May 2006, 04:32 PM
What a bunch of idiots.

Bernard Siong
17th May 2006, 07:11 PM
my mum just told me some kid in america was racing a guy
smashed a car and killed the driver
who happened to be his mum....

Dee
17th May 2006, 07:15 PM
hey.. no bagging the corolla sportivo's... have any of you actually driven one, or been in one whilst racing????

grrr the ignorance against other cars... there are other cars out there besides opels...

MatsHolden
17th May 2006, 08:47 PM
Don't think anyone said anything about the Sportivo's. It's an Opel forum/club so we're going to be slightly biased towards Opels... lol

Dee
17th May 2006, 09:49 PM

damm tools

SSS_Hoon
thats him bagging the rolla and R3N said something that he replied too...

dont forget i used to own an opel too... but my opel was definately not a fast one....

MatsHolden
17th May 2006, 10:09 PM
Yeh a Corolla, not a Sportivo Corolla, that's what I was getting at. :)

Dee
17th May 2006, 10:12 PM
what other corolla would even bother against an astra t or golf gti :rolleyes:

ehh i dont care anymore

MatsHolden
17th May 2006, 10:13 PM
dont think anyone said anything about a Golf GTi either :p

gemstar_007
17th May 2006, 10:27 PM
Sorry.... but i would have to say that 182's comment was the best... BAHAHAHAHAHA sums it up nicely :rolleyes:

tmov81
18th May 2006, 12:01 AM
what other corolla would even bother against an astra t or golf gti :rolleyes:

ehh i dont care anymore
i thought it was stock astra, stock corolla, stock golf...

im sure if any of the cars were astra T, corolla sportivo or golf GTI they would have thrown it in to emphasise that they are all hoons :p

MatsHolden
18th May 2006, 12:03 AM
i thought it was stock astra, stock corolla, stock golf...

im sure if any of the cars were astra T, corolla sportivo or golf GTI they would have thrown it in to emphasise that they are all hoons :p

Exactly!:p

oneightoo
18th May 2006, 01:28 PM
Sorry.... but i would have to say that 182's comment was the best... BAHAHAHAHAHA sums it up nicely :rolleyes:
thanks gem.. your cheque is in the mail :D

btm
18th May 2006, 01:30 PM
he's a funny guy!

SSS_Hoon
18th May 2006, 04:37 PM
yeah noone said anything about it being a gti or a sportivo or a T, but i guess from waht i said he knew i was talking about it being a GTI as we have one.

and this is a opel forum so they will be biased of course, and its the same on the rolla forum the golf forum and even the pulsar forum of which im a member of all of them hehehehehe.

man your taking it too serious about your sportivo, either you hate it and want ya opel back or it is really crap that you have to keep sticking up for it all the time :lol:

yeah i don'd mind the new sportivos the older ones were crap but the new ones are good a mate of mine has one with a trd intake on it and it sounds hot and goes even better i would say that it would give stock astra t's a damm good run that is for sure.

i can only speak for myself, i am not biased towards any car maker in particular its all in good fun i just like too stir the pot a bit here and there and if i offended you in anyway im sorry for that it wasnt intended.

man look at the post between me, shaun and aussie in london about the vxr and the gti hehehe all in good fun.

SSS_Hoon

tmov81
18th May 2006, 06:34 PM
yeah noone said anything about it being a gti or a sportivo or a T, but i guess from waht i said he knew i was talking about it being a GTI as we have one.

and this is a opel forum so they will be biased of course, and its the same on the rolla forum the golf forum and even the pulsar forum of which im a member of all of them hehehehehe.

man your taking it too serious about your sportivo, either you hate it and want ya opel back or it is really crap that you have to keep sticking up for it all the time :lol:

yeah i don'd mind the new sportivos the older ones were crap but the new ones are good a mate of mine has one with a trd intake on it and it sounds hot and goes even better i would say that it would give stock astra t's a damm good run that is for sure.

i can only speak for myself, i am not biased towards any car maker in particular its all in good fun i just like too stir the pot a bit here and there and if i offended you in anyway im sorry for that it wasnt intended.

man look at the post between me, shaun and aussie in london about the vxr and the gti hehehe all in good fun.

SSS_Hoon
yeah its funny reading peoples biased opinions... i always kinda scratch my head at the hatred people have for fords :p even to the extent of having the word ford moderated... kinda childish... i guess holdens bull$#!t marketing and propaganda campaign is coming along sweetly :p

MatsHolden
18th May 2006, 08:08 PM
You gotta be one or the other, can't be a fence sitter!:p What are you going to do when you go to the V8's? Go for both Holden and Ford? I think not. :D

SSS_Hoon
19th May 2006, 10:30 AM
You gotta be one or the other, can't be a fence sitter!:p What are you going to do when you go to the V8's? Go for both Holden and Ford? I think not. :D

i will be going for mitsu once they get in there that is.

SSS_Hoon

MatsHolden
19th May 2006, 11:53 AM
hahaha, mitsu have said they're not going to try to get into V8 Supercars anymore thank god. Would have been stupid, they don't even sell a rear wheel drive V8 in Australia.

tmov81
19th May 2006, 01:14 PM
V8 supercars is a crock of shyte anyways...

they have their crappy regulations to restrict it to holden v ford anyway after the 8 bangers got tooled by the GT-R's and Ford Sierra Cosworths

seriously who in the world makes a four door, rear wheel drive, NA V8??

i dont mind they restrict it to NA V8's but the 4 door and rwd rule is a crap...

oneightoo
19th May 2006, 01:19 PM
i think it goes back to the old v8 holden vs v8 ford days.. if there were no restricitions it'd be full of wrx's, skylines, evo's, porches, lambo's, ferarri etc..

it's good, but the 5 litre rule should be lifted.. it is the v8 supercars afterall.. having a turboed 4 or 6 would just make it..... supercars.. and they already have their own comp..

i reckon it should just be v8's, wether it be rear wheel front wheel 4 door 2 door no door..

MatsHolden
19th May 2006, 02:29 PM
V8 supercars is a crock of shyte anyways...

they have their crappy regulations to restrict it to holden v ford anyway after the 8 bangers got tooled by the GT-R's and Ford Sierra Cosworths

seriously who in the world makes a four door, rear wheel drive, NA V8??

i dont mind they restrict it to NA V8's but the 4 door and rwd rule is a crap...

It was the ATCC when the GT-R's and Sierra's raced with the Commodore and Falcon V8's. The V8 Supercars was formed as Australia's own category, using only Australian produced cars with V8's and rear wheel drive. Four door rear wheel V8's are such an Australian thing, once again making it an Australian category, unique to others in the world touring car scene. It's been marked as the best touring car category in the world by some of the biggest names in motorsport, so I think they're doing something right.

SSS_Hoon
19th May 2006, 03:24 PM
that is y they have improved prodcution classes running now.

v8 supercars will always be the same....

SSS_Hoon

tmov81
19th May 2006, 03:58 PM
It was the ATCC when the GT-R's and Sierra's raced with the Commodore and Falcon V8's. The V8 Supercars was formed as Australia's own category, using only Australian produced cars with V8's and rear wheel drive. Four door rear wheel V8's are such an Australian thing, once again making it an Australian category, unique to others in the world touring car scene. It's been marked as the best touring car category in the world by some of the biggest names in motorsport, so I think they're doing something right.
most probably by australians...

i am sure if you spoke to a german or briton or american they would argue their national championships are better...

i personally dont like a two make series... i can understand why they have it regulated so heavily, because they dont want to get upstaged again by foreign built cars.

Some people thrive on the two car series, and good for them, but i will never be an avid fan of v8 supercars as long as it is a two make series

Mrs T
19th May 2006, 04:04 PM
he he should we change this thread to V8 Super Cars who do you support!!! LOL sorry

tmov81
19th May 2006, 05:22 PM
he he should we change this thread to V8 Super Cars who do you support!!! LOL sorry
such a thread thief mrs t :p

Mrs T
22nd May 2006, 12:18 PM
he he sorry

MatsHolden
24th May 2006, 12:09 AM
most probably by australians...

i am sure if you spoke to a german or briton or american they would argue their national championships are better...

i personally dont like a two make series... i can understand why they have it regulated so heavily, because they dont want to get upstaged again by foreign built cars.

Some people thrive on the two car series, and good for them, but i will never be an avid fan of v8 supercars as long as it is a two make series

Actually, drivers and respected motorsport personalities such as John Clelland, Rubens Barichello, Murray Walker and there's others that have said it is the best touring car category in the world. Also look at the British based 888 racing outfit getting involved in a major way as they believe the same thing. The two make Holden/Ford thing just makes it even more Australian, with the traditional Holden/Ford rivalry.

PaulyJ
24th May 2006, 08:39 AM
Actually, drivers and respected motorsport personalities such as John Clelland, Rubens Barichello, Murray Walker and there's others that have said it is the best touring car category in the world. Also look at the British based 888 racing outfit getting involved in a major way as they believe the same thing. The two make Holden/Ford thing just makes it even more Australian, with the traditional Holden/Ford rivalry.

I agree with you there Mat.
Its good having a specific catagory. The cars are all evenly matched and this makes for great racing. Others have said that the GTR's and cosworths were creaming them... yeah which made the events not as competitive. maybe competitive between the gtr's and cosworths, but not where everyone can have a go and have a chance of winning.

Its kind of like letting those GTR's go up say F1's cars. Bit extreme, but its mismatched. F1 is a specific category, just as the V8 Supercars.

tmov81
24th May 2006, 12:13 PM
i dont mind v8 supercars, but i prefer stuff like that racing they have on sbs... cant remember what its called but they have three classes, and like the bottom class has like daihatsu sirions, middle class has like astras, vectra b's, toyota celicas and the top class has a falcon, commonwhore and s2000...

but yeah each to their own :) i like to see a variety of cars on the track, and love seeing the less powerful but lighter s2000 make up heaps of ground on the corners while the big v8s hammer it on the straight :)

astra_city
26th May 2006, 08:28 PM
I think if you look at V8 supercars purely for the racing action, it is pretty enjoyable to watch; tight, close racing and lots of overtaking.
If you want it to resemble in anyway the production cars on offer by Holden or Ford then it's going to be dissapointing (as it was in the past where cars from the showroom raced and you could buy the winning car to take home).

MatsHolden
26th May 2006, 09:35 PM
I think if you look at V8 supercars purely for the racing action, it is pretty enjoyable to watch; tight, close racing and lots of overtaking.
If you want it to resemble in anyway the production cars on offer by Holden or Ford then it's going to be dissapointing (as it was in the past where cars from the showroom raced and you could buy the winning car to take home).

We all know that the only thing that the V8 Supercar has in common with it's road going equivalent is basically just the shell. But Holden and Ford still go by the philosophy win on Sunday, sell on Monday; and it must work because otherwise Holden and Ford would have pulled their support long ago. Afterall that is one of the main reasons manufacturers get involved in motorsport, to sell their brand.