PDA

View Full Version : Walkinshaw Performance

Shaun
11th May 2006, 07:10 PM
Mainly for AH owners of the forum. An new Era of Perfmance Parts for the Astra AH will be offered through the Walkinshaw Preformance Centre. Just rec this e-mail from HSV tonight .

http://www.hsv.com.au/images/ads/viral/walkinshaw_performance.html

http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/wp/default.asp

MatsHolden
11th May 2006, 07:23 PM
It's PERformance not PREformance:p sorry couldn't resist lol. Tom Walkinshaw must be a good con man to get back involved with HSV and Holden after mucking around Holden in the 80's and losing his TWR empire.

Shaun
11th May 2006, 07:33 PM
It's PERformance not PREformance:p sorry couldn't resist lol. Tom Walkinshaw must be a good con man to get back involved with HSV and Holden after mucking around Holden in the 80's and losing his TWR empire.

He still retains ownership of HSV. Thats something he never let go. And nor did it come into effect when he delcared TWR bankrupt.

MatsHolden
11th May 2006, 07:52 PM
Holden bought out both HSV and HRT when TWR went into receivership.

Shaun
11th May 2006, 08:07 PM
Holden bought out both HSV and HRT when TWR went into receivership.
http://pascale.customer.netspace.net.au/hsvblurb.htm

Have a Read. Controlling Share of HSV is owned By Tom Walkinshaw. And has been Since the Company was started.

Who ever owns the Larges Stake in a company is actually the owner. They have more control over what happens when it comes to the Board of directors. Walkinshaw still owns 75% of HSV and GM-Holden have 25% of the shares.

The HRT Deal. That was a 1 dollar deal. TWR Signed over its Shares to GMH limited . Then when the Rules changed they Signed them over to HRT Driver Mark Skaife. Its a Loop hole for them. Walkinshaw now runs Holden Motorsport for Holden.

MatsHolden
11th May 2006, 08:17 PM
http://pascale.customer.netspace.net.au/hsvblurb.htm

Have a Read. Controlling Share of HSV is owned By Tom Walkinshaw. And has been Since the Company was started.

Who ever owns the Larges Stake in a company is actually the owner. The have more control over what happens when it comes to the Board of directors. Walkinshaw still owns 75% of HSV and GM-Holden have 25% of the shares.

I know he owned the controlling share of the business, and I know whoever owns the higher percentage of the business; I own my own business. But is that information up to date? Because Holden did step in and buy out HSV and HRT in 2002. Remember there was the controversy in the V8 Supercar Championship when Holden bought HRT because AVESCO rules prevented manufacturers owning teams, which is when Mark Skaife took ownership.

Shaun
11th May 2006, 08:31 PM
I know he owned the controlling share of the business, and I know whoever owns the higher percentage of the business; I own my own business. But is that information up to date? Because Holden did step in and buy out HSV and HRT in 2002. Remember there was the controversy in the V8 Supercar Championship when Holden bought HRT because AVESCO rules prevented manufacturers owning teams, which is when Mark Skaife took ownership.

The ownership of HRT was done to suite the rules of AVESCO. Skaife become the front man to suit the Championship rules. As for Capital. Holden were still pouring money into it. Skafie would have not had the level of funding with out Holdens Backing. Holden effectively still owned HRT.

HRT would have been Signed over to Holden From TWR. Anyways getting back on topic of the thread. I have sent them an e-mail to see if they will offer upgrades for the TS Astras as well. Maybe the Barinas will have mods as well.

Its a New Aspect to Aftermarket items for our Cars. One i welcome.

MatsHolden
11th May 2006, 08:37 PM
The ownership of HRT was done to suite the rules of AVESCO. Skaife become the front man to suit the Championship rules. As for Capital. Holden were still pouring money into it. Skafie would have not had the level of funding with out Holdens Backing. Holden effectively still owned HRT.

HRT would have been Signed over to Holden From TWR. Anyways getting back on topic of the thread. I have sent them an e-mail to see if they will offer upgrades for the TS Astras as well. Maybe the Barinas will have mods as well.

Its a New Apect to Aftermarket items for our Cars. One i welcome.

Yeh lol about the performance upgrades, it's a good thing, and yeh hopefully they think of the Barinas as well (Opel sourced Barina's).

Shaun
11th May 2006, 09:39 PM
They are currently in Melbourne. But there site says that once the demand grows they will open centres in other capital citys.

I like the idea that they are going to Support the Astra. Hopefully they will offer items for the TS and the VXR.

Having a company that is deticated to the Holden Product as a whole would be great. And if the demand is there for the Smaller Holden Products then it would be even better.

Its a New era for Holden Products i think.

PaulyJ
11th May 2006, 10:24 PM
There is definately potential in this.
No manufacturer is doing this. The only thing with 4cyl are the Jap cars, but its the owners who have access to a huge range of products. If they can see that we are deprived (which we are), and can help us out, well then they'll open up a whole new market for modifiers.

MatsHolden
11th May 2006, 10:54 PM
It will be interesting to see if you can retain your Holden warranty with these enhancements.

Shaun
11th May 2006, 11:04 PM
There is definately potential in this.
No manufacturer is doing this. The only thing with 4cyl are the Jap cars, but its the owners who have access to a huge range of products. If they can see that we are deprived (which we are), and can help us out, well then they'll open up a whole new market for modifiers.

It has become popular in Europe and the UK this idea. look at the VXR Performance centre and Thorney Motorsport Services. Thorney in the uk has just been appointed as a Vauxhall Factory back service centre. The offer 3 years warranty on all there mods carried out and the Stock Vehicles that are worked on there are covered under Vauxhall Warranty. If the Walkinshaw Performance centre have the same sort of warranty on offer this is going to be that is special and going for there mods is going to be something hard to pass up.

MatsHolden
11th May 2006, 11:08 PM
It has become popular in Europe and the UK this idea. look at the VXR Performance centre and Thorney Motorsport Services. Thorney in the uk has just been appointed as a Vauxhall Factory back service centre. The offer 3 years warranty on all there mods carried out and the Stock Vehicles that are worked on there are covered under Vauxhall Warranty. If the Walkinshaw Performance centre have the same sort of warranty on offer this is going to be that is special and going for there mods is going to be something hard to pass up.

Yes it will be very hard to pass up indeed if no factory warranty is affected.

Shaun
11th May 2006, 11:19 PM
Just reading the about us page. The C.E.O of Walkinshaw Performance is Chris Payne.This is the man that Started the Ball rolling with the HSV VXR Astra. Im sure this company is going to very Successful. I believe that Walkinshaw Performance is what was in a Sydney paper a few months ago. With the names that im seeing and the Credentials listed under there names and past history with HSV or HRT i can see this idea talking off rather well.

MatsHolden
11th May 2006, 11:27 PM
Just reading the about us page. The C.E.O of Walkinshaw Performance is Chris Payne.This is the man that Started the Ball rolling with the HSV VXR Astra. Im sure this company is going to very Successful. I believe that Walkinshaw Performance is what was in a Sydney paper a few months ago. With the names that im seeing and the Credentials listed under there names and past history with HSV or HRT i can see this idea talking off rather well.

Yeh probably was Walkinshaw you read about in the paper, it's been running for a couple of months now, first releasing a fully race prepared Clubsport. Hmmm I wonder what Ron Harrop thinks of Walkinshaw Performance...

Miyagi
12th May 2006, 12:03 AM
STI are very successful in cornering the Subaru market with authorised go fast bits that you can use to upgrade certain aspects of your WRX and maintain your warranty.

If Walkinshaw gets up and running under the same guise then it'll be a big win for the consumers. :)

Shaun
12th May 2006, 12:45 AM
STI are very successful in cornering the Subaru market with authorised go fast bits that you can use to upgrade certain aspects of your WRX and maintain your warranty.

If Walkinshaw gets up and running under the same guise then it'll be a big win for the consumers. :)

Lets hope that its how it will be. Even if they offer there own warranty i would still go with the products.

Shaun
12th May 2006, 07:42 PM
More Info from Walkinshaw Performance.
I sent an e-mail last night to Walkinshaw Performance. This was the response i just found in my e-mail.

Shaun,
Sorry no parts for the TS,but watch out for some upgrades on the VXR !

Regards
Walkinshaw Performance.

blueraven
13th May 2006, 11:00 AM
doesnt really matter, as alot of the engine upgrades will still most likely be able to be used on the astra G turbo :)

MatsHolden
13th May 2006, 11:35 AM
Shaun, just from our debate earlier on... lol. I contacted HSV and we were both kind of right. Holden did buy out HSV in 2002 from Walkinshaw, but Walkinshaw has since bought it back. :)

Shaun
13th May 2006, 02:23 PM
Shaun, just from our debate earlier on... lol. I contacted HSV and we were both kind of right. Holden did buy out HSV in 2002 from Walkinshaw, but Walkinshaw has since bought it back. :)
Thats cool...
But as for this Walkinshaw Performance . i think this is one of the best things that could happen.

MatsHolden
13th May 2006, 05:09 PM
Yeh should be good.

pred8r
14th May 2006, 08:54 AM
if you own a VXR or newer model, or one that has the same parts.
Otherwise i seriously doubt they will bring stuff in for 'old' models, esp. the Barina seeing its now long gone. :(

blueraven
14th May 2006, 11:22 AM
so quit whining and fit a z20let/leh into your little beastie ;)

they do it all the freaking time in the uk... i wish it was as cheap to do that sort of stuff here :(

Shaun
14th May 2006, 04:35 PM
if you own a VXR or newer model, or one that has the same parts.
Otherwise i seriously doubt they will bring stuff in for 'old' models, esp. the Barina seeing its now long gone. :(
There not bringing items out for the TS SRi T . But they will have products for the CDX model of the Astra AH and VXR its seems