PDA

View Full Version : Members Rides

oneightoo
5th May 2006, 06:01 PM
Hi all

Just interested to know who would like a members ride section on the forum to show off your car, your mods, your plans?

It's worked on other forums and it's a great way to see what other people are doing to their rides, offer advice and get ideas for your own beast..

Who would be keen?

waplin
5th May 2006, 06:05 PM
i like the idea. like you said i seen it work on other forums - i have alot of fun browsing other members rides on other forums.

EL BURITO
5th May 2006, 07:29 PM
like a gallery, long running thread kinda thing. I like the idea better than posting them in "general"

Any way this section could only be viewed by members?

R3N
5th May 2006, 08:01 PM
like a gallery, long running thread kinda thing. I like the idea better than posting them in "general"

Any way this section could only be viewed by members?

long running thread is ok, unless you want to search for a specific member's ride.

if we had a section for member's ride, and each member be allowed to start their own thread then they can update as they wish. could also look at disabling posting for other people in someone's thread.

i don't know if forum software allows it... just an idea

EL BURITO
5th May 2006, 08:15 PM
Well its all Up to Wayne really. Its his web site. But guess we can ask nicely.

MatsHolden
5th May 2006, 08:24 PM
Yes, we have a section for member's cars on the Victoria OpelAus site. We can have our own individual threads devoted to our cars.:)

maloo97
5th May 2006, 08:34 PM
Great Idear.

Turblue
5th May 2006, 09:48 PM
182 approached me about the idea, and I asked him to start a thread seeking input.

I have no hassles starting a Member's Ride section. I do have some preferences.

Everyone on OA is entitled to space on our webserver (http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6871).
I will start a forum, but prefer linked images, NOT uploaded attachments.All uploaded attachments actually end up in the database. This is a quirk of the PHP safemode the server runs in. Nothing I can do about this. All attachments increase the database size very quickly, And I wish to avoid this as much as possible.

You lot decide........

EL BURITO
5th May 2006, 09:55 PM
like using www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) or simerlar site to hoste the pics and then add then as a links ?

MatsHolden
5th May 2006, 10:01 PM
like using www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) or simerlar site to hoste the pics and then add then as a links ?

That would be it.

gemstar_007
5th May 2006, 10:18 PM
Smoooth... sounds good to me :D

Turblue
6th May 2006, 04:40 PM
Remember too, that you can all post pics in the Gallery.

Clint
6th May 2006, 04:52 PM
it is true that we can all have out own webspace provided by opelaus, and we could have 1 thread but i think a new section would be the best option. also i dont think making it so that only that 1 person can post in their threadis the best way.

having a thread for each user's car is an excellent idea.
allows people to show off their hard work, great ideas, etc
gives other people reading ideas for their car, ideas on what different things look like, read the owners thoughts on how good or bad what they have done is, pros / cons
and allows people to provide feedback / suggestions to what the people ahve done, i always like getting feedback from people about what i have done, it also is great and hakes you quite happy when you spend a long time working on something for your car, finish it, looks great, show it on the net then everyone agrees saying how good it is.

i believe that is the way to go.

oneightoo
6th May 2006, 05:13 PM
yeah i agree with you clint..

i stole this from another forum, it's just an idea of what i would like too see about members cars, im sure you would mostly all agree as well..

OWNER

YEAR/MODEL

ENGINE TYPE

ENGINE ACCESSORIES

BODYWORK

BRAKES AND SUSPENSION

WHEELS

INTERIOR GADGETRY

STEREO COMPONENTS

PLANS

you like use this template and then members can add in what they have done under each area..

Vectracious
8th May 2006, 02:26 PM
Thread Reinstated - please keep it civil gentlemen. :)

And in regards to negative comments about other people's cars when this section is up and running, any kind of derogatory or insulting comment will be removed.

Bernard Siong
8th May 2006, 06:01 PM
is it only for opel/holdens
or can i put my honda up?

R3N
8th May 2006, 06:23 PM
is it only for opel/holdens
or can i put my honda up?

Are you an OpelAus member?

oneightoo
8th May 2006, 06:27 PM
put your honda up dude..

Bernard Siong
8th May 2006, 06:45 PM
sweet
well its getting colour coded on thursday
i'll put it up after that

Vectracious
8th May 2006, 06:51 PM
As R3N said, If you're a member, you can put your car up - even if its not a Opel.

I'll be putting pics of the Rex up (granted it will only be to p*ss Wayne off :p ) so if you now have a Honda, by all means share.

Bernard Siong
8th May 2006, 07:17 PM
I PUT PICS OF MY ASTRA UP!!!!
GO BAG ME PPLZ
hahaha i like COMMENTS!

ekvtir
8th May 2006, 08:51 PM
http://users.tpg.com.au/luzinit8/clubok%2B451.jpg

Here's my honda. The Astra is a stock '99 City, in white.

Edit: Damn. didn't read the other posts aside from the last. Removed the pic.. heheheh
Link is still there if anyones interested lol

Bernard Siong
8th May 2006, 09:00 PM
jdm ricer haha

ekvtir
8th May 2006, 09:25 PM
hahahah, thats me! :P what's your EK look like bern?

Bernard Siong
8th May 2006, 09:27 PM
like urs but white
oh and white wheels
i got the diy headlights too hahaha

Vectracious
8th May 2006, 11:21 PM
OK members ride section is up, nothing more to see here.