PDA

View Full Version : What p..... me off! My parked car hit, no note

astra03
7th May 2006, 03:29 PM
Stopped off at the local Target store this morning for 15 mins, the misses wanted to pick up something. Came back and here is the back of our Astra G with the bumper pushed in. Straight away i looked for a note, but surprise surprise, there was'nt one...

Further inspection, whatever it was must have caught the rh guard just above the lights and pushed on it, can feel a small crease and the boot lid has twice the gap on rh side as it should have. Light wasnt broken luckily, boot lid has crease on the bottom rh corner.

Bumper popped out a fair bit when i pushed on it from inside but it is still distorted in places and the paint has cracked, where it bent in so much.

Rang insurance (Suncorp), and they said drop it off to their assessment place leave it with them. They will pay for my cab home and will have car back within 7 days or they pay for hire car, I thought that was good service..

In the meantime I have a 50km round trip to work each day, so I will have to beg to borrow my Dad's 1982 Mazda 626 in the mean time.

I am so careful to look after my car and when some mongrel does this, it really browns me off....

sparks
7th May 2006, 07:53 PM
Too many ass holes around to leave a note and pay for the damage they do to other cars.Those type of people make me sick got no respect for them selves not alone other people.

EL BURITO
7th May 2006, 08:14 PM
And ppl give me **** for parking away from other cars and walking the few extra meters

tmov81
7th May 2006, 10:46 PM
did you check with target if they had surveillance cams in the car park?

btm
8th May 2006, 09:19 AM
i hate people that do that :mad:

sorry to hear

Butters
8th May 2006, 01:33 PM
Luckily for me, I had a business card placed under my wiper after someone dinged my rear right bumper and tail lights of my ute. Found out it was a neighbour that lived in the apartement block next door. Never met the bloke before. He has taken full responsibility. Not many people do that these days. Sorry to hear your unfortunate incident.

btm
8th May 2006, 01:43 PM
i had someone swipe my side mirror off while parked in bronte

the guy drove off, but a guy that lived in the house where i was parked saw the whole thing and got the guys car make, model and plates and wrote a note and sealed it in a plastic zip lock back (cause it was raining) and left it under my wiper.

went to the cops - he got busted for leaving the scene of an accident and had to pay for my repairs :D

i was very grateful - bought the guy a case of beer :)

if only there was more people out there like him!

astra03
8th May 2006, 04:38 PM
Glad some of you had some responsible people to leave notes and contact number so they could pay for damages etc.

Unfortunately there are no CCTV surveillance at that carpark, beacuse if there was it wouldnt take long to watch the tape to find the culprit as I was only away 15-20 mins.

Oh well life's a bitch, but we could be stuck down a mine away from our Opels!!!!

MiksOpel
8th May 2006, 05:42 PM
Sorry to hear, always sux when stuff like that happens,
I saw a trolley pick up some massive speed out of its holding bay all the way down the carpark and slam into the side of a car. I felt real sorry for the owner as it left a massive hole.
I left a note with my number, i think the store should pay for negligence.

Vampire
8th May 2006, 06:11 PM
That's tough times dude