PDA

View Full Version : service costs....

sparks
7th May 2006, 09:59 AM
When owning a late model car people have to relise that major services cost money.There is a lot of labour involved and genuine parts are used.Buy a bmw or a porsche then youll see service costs.The way i see it if you cant afford to service your car go buy a camel.

No offence but the fact of the matter is cars require regular servicing and most probley the people that own the cars are on more money then the service techs which are on not a lot at all so just pay for the service and move on..

beep beep sri
7th May 2006, 11:48 AM
true. but the major dealers are to damn expensive! its a fact that most of the guys working at these dealers are not on good money and probably half of them are appretices that get paid even less. then when it comes to parts they rip into the customer. why? because most people have no idea about cars. holdens price for my brakes to get done i think it was about $750 front and rears i beleive i ended up paying about $400 elsewhere. one example or how about when my car went in for its 45000km service 'your brakes must be done next service' 60000km service 'your brakes need doing' told them to leave it get it home and check the pads and rottors myself and what do you know they are fine. i think i got another 20000km out of them. now your gonna ask why i got my car serviced at holden. thats because i had a mate working there who got it done CHEAP for me. now he do'nt work there any more i go to a local mechanic who i trust and he's cheaper again. good enough reason to rip into holden?

Turblue
7th May 2006, 12:39 PM
I have to add my bit....

Question: Why does a business exist?
Answer: To make money.

The simple fact is that the Dealership exists to make money. They would have huge costs to run the business. I'm sure those of you that work at them know this. It might cost you $500 for a service, but who has to cover the costs when you bring it in under warranty? It may be free to you, but not the Dealer or Holden. All these costs are factored in, otherwise the business fails.

Ask before you put a car in for service what the costs are. Negotiate if you can. And if you are not happy about the price you pay for a service, go somewhere else.

You might complain about the cost of servicing, but remember who you expect to fix your car under warranty for nothing.

beep beep sri
7th May 2006, 02:03 PM
its the law that a new car must come with a warranty. you pay for this when you buy a new car. it is factord into the price when you hand over your hard erned $$$. true a buisness exists to make money ill give you that but why do they need to RIP PEOPLE OFF. as stated in my last post i took my car elsewhere to get the brakes done 20000km after they told me they must be done and it saved me about $300. can you explain why they needed to try and get me to put new brakes on when i clearly did'nt need to. its not 1 dealership i know that has tried this on people! its manny. i do'nt mind paying for a service ill even pay a little more if i know the jobs going to be done rite. but holden charge around $95 an hour labour plus there parts are dearer than any where else i can buy they from genuine. (yes you can buy genuine from other place but holden) plus ill almost bet one of you two work for a dealer.

MatsHolden
7th May 2006, 02:30 PM
You'll find that Holden set out guidlines for the dealers to follow as to when to replace things such as brake pads. They have to cover their backs, as they wouldn't want to let the pad's wear right down and risk being held responsible if someone should have an accident due to poor brakes. And guess who would be given the blame, the dealer.

Turblue
7th May 2006, 02:44 PM
If you don't like the service you get, just go somewhere else.

Simple.

beep beep sri
7th May 2006, 03:15 PM
i did. but you where comenting about many people complaining about the service prices at holden dealerships. its not just one or 2 people that are not impressed with holden so there must be a problem with holdens servicing. ive had friends work for holden toyota mazda mercedes saab the list goes on and most of these dealerships they have worked at say they do dodgy things. its disgracefull to say the least as to what ive been told about some of them. take holden in predelivery brand new car maybe 2km on the clock if its lucky and they flog the ring out of it. we are talking everything from barina threw to a hsv four wheel drive monaro. tell me the customer of a new car would be happy if they knew what i knew. ive had my say about there $h!t service over priceing floging cars etc etc maybe one day holden will wake up to themselves and start realising there customers deserve better. then again itd be good to see them in the same position as GM america thatd certanly wake em up

NUTTTR
7th May 2006, 10:15 PM
Yup... holden is expensive.... I guess...... On the other hand, they've replaced a lot of stuff under 'warranty' that even I thought they'd say no to. Say the 'top bearings' on the struts.... These were creaking... i have Eibach springs on the car, it WAS making the noise before that and they said 'no problems'..... my passenger seat rattles, they replaced the whole seat, mechanism, etc. I found a squeek in the door panel and it wasn't holding up as good as it should from being put on/off (by me)... I told them about it, they replaced it for me too, even though i had been working on the car...
If you think it's too expensive, do it yourself. I do.... that way anthing that needs doing is all at 'parts' cost alone..... That's handy!

Red AH SRI T
8th May 2006, 07:58 AM
i did. but you where comenting about many people complaining about the service prices at holden dealerships. its not just one or 2 people that are not impressed with holden so there must be a problem with holdens servicing. ive had friends work for holden toyota mazda mercedes saab the list goes on and most of these dealerships they have worked at say they do dodgy things. its disgracefull to say the least as to what ive been told about some of them. take holden in predelivery brand new car maybe 2km on the clock if its lucky and they flog the ring out of it. we are talking everything from barina threw to a hsv four wheel drive monaro. tell me the customer of a new car would be happy if they knew what i knew. ive had my say about there $h!t service over priceing floging cars etc etc maybe one day holden will wake up to themselves and start realising there customers deserve better. then again itd be good to see them in the same position as GM america thatd certanly wake em up

dude, take a chill pill!!!

This is not just a "HOLDEN" thing, it happens at every dealer for every marque right across the country.

Do u really wish Holden into the same situation as GMNA???

beep beep sri
8th May 2006, 04:05 PM
i know its allmost all car company's and i stated that. it just p!55es me off that all these companys can take everyone for a ride. they must realise that there customers are there life and sooner or latter everyone is going to have had enough with being touched by them. it makes me so mad that just because they are a big company they think they are better than a small workshop that has 1 or 2 guys working there. as for my statement about them going bad to be honest i think itll happen sooner or latter. it happens to every car company at some stage and usualy it makes them wake up a bit