PDA

View Full Version : Looking for wrecked cars/Calibra leathers

Kippa-Dee
5th May 2006, 04:56 PM
Hey all.

I want to convert my Corsa's front seats to Calibra Leathers. Where might I go about finding a wrecked Calibra and taking the seats out myself?

More to the point, where might I go about finding a genuine WRECKER? I want to find a car-yard that offers truly wrecked vehicles, ones to be destroyed, that I can pull worthwhile parts off?

I'm fed up with calling up numerous car places, getting told "Yeah mate, we have the part for $x", and calling up a place with BRAND NEW parts and getting them for $.95x.
I'd rather save the damn fuel and hassle and buy it brand new than saving 55cents and buying second hand.
Any advice/tips/hints as to where I can find these guys so Ic an get a good price is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

P.S. Located in Melbourne, South Eastern Suburbs :)

tmov81
5th May 2006, 05:08 PM
you can try bennet or kumbac but all the cally owners steal the cally interiors and 6 speed transmissions... both these places probably have waiting lists for them :P but no harm in trying :)

One dude (Simon a.k.a SimID) paid about $1k for leather interior but that required a bit of effort to get in coz the base of the drivers seat was bent from the impact and the door cards were damaged and he had to chop and change bits from the stock to the turbo...

The leather interior only came on the Cally T in australia, and i saw a thing with the numbers of callys that were exported around the world... and this thing reckons there were only 134 cally Ts (excluding private imports) sent to australia... i think that might be an underestimate... but it would probably be better, cheaper and easier to get them reupholstered.

EL BURITO
5th May 2006, 07:34 PM
have u thought about a retrim ???? or some front buckets insted if u are going to spend a grand

MatsHolden
6th May 2006, 01:15 PM
Yeh I think a retrim or new front buckets (Recaro's maybe not:p $$$) would be a more realistic option than Calibra seats.

CAL.16V
6th May 2006, 02:08 PM
i seen a pair of front bucket leather seats the other day for $600...

i got a cally turbo but was tempted to buy these as i could prob sell mine for the same but wouldnt have heated seats lol

PaulyJ
7th May 2006, 10:21 PM
Bennett Motor Wreckers
53 Bennett Street
Dandenong
(03) 9792 1305
If they dont have it, they'll find it for you.

Kumbak is also another good one.
245 Governor Road, Braeside
(03) 9580 3322

There is another one in Dandy
Dandenong Car Wreckers
95 South Gippsland Hwy, Dandenong
(03) 9792 9321

If you need anymore, let me know, and i'll help you out as best as i can.
While i'm writing, join the Vic Forums too. Click the link top right hand corner.

Also if you need anymore help with your SB, let me know.

Take Care

Pauly
Vic Admin

oneightoo
9th May 2006, 05:20 PM
i'll have 2 calibra front seats available soon.. they are not leather, and the trim is in good condition for being 15 years old..

if your interested let me..