PDA

View Full Version : Quick Reply?

R3N
3rd May 2006, 10:01 PM
Any chance of getting this enabled without needing to click the "Quick reply to this message" icon?

Would be easier to type in the box and click post

Turblue
4th May 2006, 08:55 AM
Quote: Admin Panel Help.

If you enable Quick Reply, a box will appear on the showthread.php page allowing users to reply to the current thread without needing to load the full newreply.php page.

When Quick Reply is enabled, you may specify whether or not users must click the Quick Reply icon in order to start typing in the Quick Reply editor.

If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes non-sensical.

We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums.

Sorry mate, I am leaving it enabled with click.

Wattie
4th May 2006, 09:44 AM
God has spoken...
and i think i agree with him...

btm
4th May 2006, 10:05 AM
NSW opelaus is the other way round....

oneightoo
4th May 2006, 10:10 AM
thats cos nsw opelaus is run by jesus :p

tmov81
4th May 2006, 10:24 AM
i dont click the quick reply on a specific post... i just click the last post and quick reply on it because its the closest...

and if you click quick reply it doesnt show that we are replying to a specific post does it? :s

i mean it would be easier if you didnt have to click the quick reply button to enable it... but not a matter of life and death :P

Turblue
4th May 2006, 10:42 AM
and if you click quick reply it doesnt show that we are replying to a specific post does it? :s

i mean it would be easier if you didnt have to click the quick reply button to enable it... but not a matter of life and death :P

When you hit Quick Reply on a post, the system does know which post it has come from. Notice the checkbox for Quote.??? You have the option to quote or not by using the Quick Reply.

182/BTM: Remeber that the NSW forum is actually based on PHPBB2 forum software, and not vBulletin like here.

oneightoo
4th May 2006, 10:45 AM
ahhhh now it makes sense.. cheers big ears!

btm
4th May 2006, 10:50 AM
182/BTM: Remeber that the NSW forum is actually based on PHPBB2 forum software, and not vBulletin like here.
the man with all the answers comes through again :D

BassyAstra
4th May 2006, 10:55 AM
yes
lksjdflksdfjlksjdflksdfjlksdfj

tmov81
4th May 2006, 12:14 PM
When you hit Quick Reply on a post, the system does know which post it has come from. Notice the checkbox for Quote.??? You have the option to quote or not by using the Quick Reply.

ahhh sooo desu ka :)

never used that checkbox before now... :P

Dave
4th May 2006, 02:32 PM

never used that checkbox before now... :P
ohhh so this is how it works :)

Turblue
4th May 2006, 05:30 PM

Ok, I am "middle age", but can someone please translate this..??? :rolleyes:

R3N
4th May 2006, 05:42 PM

japanese for "ohhh... i get it" or "ohhh... that's how it is"

R3N
4th May 2006, 05:43 PM
If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes non-sensical.

but wouldn't people just click the "Quick Reply to this post" of the last post... meaning that they'd just be replying to the last post which is sort of implied?

Turblue
4th May 2006, 06:00 PM
but wouldn't people just click the "Quick Reply to this post" of the last post... meaning that they'd just be replying to the last post which is sort of implied?

For the sake of one click, let it go..!!!!!

:):D:rolleyes:

R3N
4th May 2006, 06:06 PM
aye aye cap'n

Vectracious
6th May 2006, 10:00 AM

I need to lend you Initial D - for some crash course Jap - Dorifto Hachi Roku.