PDA

View Full Version : Custom Control Module

dustbug
3rd May 2006, 06:32 PM
Clint,

I've noticed your awsome control module options for the opels and that they sell for $15 each.

Would you be interested in making custom made modules with the requirements of the buyer??? It would be great if you could! What price range would it cost if you are interested?

Clint
4th May 2006, 07:53 PM
sure am. as of this point i cannot say a price range, not even something really rough. ive just been buying parts, and more parts as i require them, havent had a look at how much ive spent so far (im not looking forward to seeing how much ive spent so far.. its cost a lot but i believe it will be awesome when finished)

when finished it will be 100% customisable, ive had people come to me with things they want it to do, and its all possible, turn off traction control after engine starting, turbo timer, flash headlights twice when unlocking car, and a few others.

ive been at tafe for the last week and a half which finishes late in the day so i havent had a second of spare time, that and they expect us to learn a heap of info in 2 days, do 7 precision fitting, machining, filing, scraping, drilling, etc jobs in a few days then have 1 test each day for the last 3 days which cover everything... thats a lot! i still have to study for a test tomorrow...

its annoying too.. on the weekend i finished the most of it, i have a working board sitting here on my desk! i plug it into power and it all works nicely, ive been testing and playing with it and i am quite happy. on the test board ive also got leds on the outputs so i can test it without it being in the car. so since the weekend when i started to install it but ran out of time ive had my car in pieces lol, but this weekend ill get the rest installed.

at this point i can only program by board via a programmer connected to my computer, but once finished ill be looking into programming via a serial port which anyone can do, then ill write some software which will allow people to download new software to the board. so i could change the software on my pc so suit peoples changing needs or add new features / updates, email them out and people can update it in seconds.

oneightoo
4th May 2006, 09:05 PM
i'll be in on anything like this..

dude, you should start your own customising company..

Clint
4th May 2006, 09:12 PM
thats the plan :) any suggestions on a name? will be just based at home over the internet to start with... and i owe it all to the people of opelaus! without opelaus i wouldnt have started making total closure units and wouldnt have had the determination to start something this big

bill142
6th May 2006, 09:25 AM
how about Opal Electronics. Just so you don't piss anyone off in Detroit or Germany.

Clint
6th May 2006, 02:11 PM
already thought of that... actually thought of opel electronics, didnt realy think bout calling it opal not to cause any trouble lol. problem with that is after opels i plan to modify it for other cars, probably mazda next

dustbug
7th May 2006, 08:22 PM
AWSOME,
soz been at work, uni and the lady's, no time for the net.

This sounds great!!! awsome!!! as the others said open a shop, cause i'm sure most people would be happy to pay a preimum price for a customised module. Even if you have a list of what you can program, number the parts, then the client can tick or circle the numbers they want on their custom module. This way it'll be easy for you to do.

Good luck and let me know (and the rest of opel) when you have time. Please hurry, but don't hurry. Don't want you to fail tafe!!! good luck!!!

Clint
8th May 2006, 09:19 AM
yea i know what u mean about no time! work and girlfriend takes a lot of time lol.

tafe wasnt a problem, flew thru it, passed everything, finished all the practical work and was first in the class to be out of there.

ill keep you guys posted on whats happening!