PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off?

R3N
30th April 2006, 05:50 PM
I have a feeling I've been ripped off by my Holden dealer. Got my 60k service done on the 6th of April and one of the jobs was to replace the battery remote ($2.80) but I seriously doubt that they did.

It feels as if the battery is no stronger than before but how do I know for sure? Battery tester? I know its only a small amount but its the principle of the thing! Just took apart the remote as well and the battery doesn't look new!

If it turns out that they didn't change it, how do I prove them wrong?

MatsHolden
30th April 2006, 09:06 PM
I spose you could use a battery tester. But I would just go back to the dealer and say to them that it's not working any better than before. They do forget things, I had a front strut and control arm replaced at my local Holden dealer and they forgot to do a front end allignment! So I drove for a week and scrubbed out 2 front tyres. Took it back to them and they said ohh we must've forgotten to do that; how you forget to do an allignment after major front end work is beyond me.

blueraven
1st May 2006, 01:44 PM
they replaced it. who says that your battery was weak tho? your previous battery was prolly still operating fine... but because it was due they changed it. its not like you notice that your watch works any better when they replace it, it just works :)

so in short, they replaced when it wasnt necessary and they charged you for it. but then i am sure they *should* be doing that with quite a few things at a service...as sometimes things should be replaced before they wear/run out. kind like the timing belt... they should be replaced every 100k or so...but i know most of us who fork out to get it done sit there wondering if they actually did it...since you can tell if they have.

Vectracious
1st May 2006, 02:13 PM
When that item comes up on the service schedule, I just tell them not to bother. One time they still charged me for 2 batteries when it was on the service note "Customer requested not to change remote batteries" so they refunded the 6 bucks and let me keep both batteries.

kirssn
1st May 2006, 02:49 PM
i had the batteries changed in my remotes at my 30,000km service and noticed a weakness in the remotes. after many complaints and arguements with the workshop, they have agreed to replace them at no cost at 45,000km which will be in the next month or so. They've said if it doesn't make a difference, they will be replacing my remotes.

I know the batteries were replaced because i was standing next to my other half as he changed them for me.....

NUTTTR
2nd May 2006, 03:15 PM
It's on the schedule, unless you tell them NOT to do it, they will........ The batteries, depending on usage, do die about 30,000k's or 2 years........ if you hardly use it, you shoudl get to about 45,000k's (or 3 years)....... Mines at that stage now and only just starting to get weak. I kept the drivers key and gave them the spare, they gave me the battery packet (empty) and new battery in pack for me to change myself for my drivers one. I still havent' done it, but i know when it DOES go flat, i'll be annoyed because it'll be at *some* inconvient moment! LOL

Aaron

JohnBu
2nd May 2006, 03:37 PM
but i know when it DOES go flat, i'll be annoyed because it'll be at *some* inconvient moment! LOL

Aaron

most batteries wont die straight away, u can still lock/unlock it, but u will need to get closer and closer.

as to prove it was changed or not, hmm its prob more hassle than its worth for $2.80

OzStick
22nd April 2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry, please ignore as I posted in error.

Dave
22nd April 2008, 07:08 PM
Lol my spare key lives in my draw and is 4 years old and still works, but it does only get used once every 6 months if its lucky..........

Shaun
23rd April 2008, 01:15 AM
$2.80 is hardly going to break the bank is really ? Its not that big a deal really is it. Stop your dealer bashing again. Again you have proven my comments from earlier today.

R3N
23rd April 2008, 03:12 AM
$2.80 is hardly going to break the bank is really ? Its not that big a deal really is it. Stop your dealer bashing again. Again you have proven my comments from earlier today.

LOL! seriously how sad are you? having a go at me in another thread

Shaun
23rd April 2008, 11:03 AM
LOL! seriously how sad are you? having a go at me in another thread

How sad is this thread. Claiming you have been ripped off for a $2.80 Remote Battery. It proves the point you are a tight ass.

btm
23rd April 2008, 11:12 AM
this thread is from 2 years ago... :confused:

R3N
23rd April 2008, 11:55 AM
How sad is this thread. Claiming you have been ripped off for a $2.80 Remote Battery. It proves the point you are a tight ass.

Once again, selective reading has left you out of the loop and without a clue. I'd suggest you quit being an ass for everyone on this forum to laugh at and save yourself any more humiliation. In case you didn't get the point in question, I will now repeat it. It was the principle of the matter, somethin obviously you do not understand. Its not a very difficult notion to grasp, somehting a 6 year old might not have trouble understanding

95' GSI
23rd April 2008, 11:58 AM
now now boys lol.

Shaun
23rd April 2008, 12:00 PM
Once again, selective reading has left you out of the loop and without a clue. I'd suggest you quit being an ass for everyone on this forum to laugh at and save yourself any more humiliation. In case you didn't get the point in question, I will now repeat it. It was the principle of the matter, somethin obviously you do not understand. Its not a very difficult notion to grasp, somehting a 6 year old might not have trouble understanding

I did read the Principale of it . But its a remote battery thats not worth writting home about. Most Normal people would have said thanks to the dealership for actually changing it instead 6 months down the track and having no remote working. Had they replaced the key at your cost then yeah i would agree with the prinicpale of the matter. But sorry not for $2.80 Battery .

Did you bothered to read your Invoice / Job card?? if did you will see a listing of parts. Look on the listing then see if there a Battery on the invoice. if there is i highly doubt they would have charged you for the item and not fitted it.

R3N
23rd April 2008, 12:21 PM
Did you bothered to read your Invoice / Job card?? if did you will see a listing of parts. Look on the listing then see if there a Battery on the invoice. if there is i highly doubt they would have charged you for the item and not fitted it.

How else would I have known they charged me for it? Common sense isn't so common after all.

I would have a better chance of teaching a monkey how to read, write, type, how to work a computer, log on to the forums, read my thread and understand what I wrote than to get the point of this thread across to you.

/end thread