PDA

View Full Version : A confession...

R3N
28th April 2006, 11:04 PM
... I'm a closet ricer!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/rice.jpg

Just finished doing these up today, been itching for something to do on the car lately, now that these are done (not 100%) I can start on my uni assignments (priorities! :D).

These work off the interior lights so they only come on when the doors are open, or when the car is unlocked. They fade on and off with the interior lights as well. Might add a switch to turn them off when I get sick of them or when someone turns on the interiors while the car is moving.

Have to work on the alignment of the lights as they clearly are out of line!

Will get better pics up soon. Thanks to Clint and Turblue for the info!

Clint
28th April 2006, 11:37 PM
ahh i didnt realise they were external neons... thats fine as they are but say when your driving you turn on the interior light, they will turn on too... if they were interior neons that wouldnt be a problem. someone else is doing the exact same thing as you at the monent and has been talking to me about it.

to stop the neons coming on at all while the car is on, connect the coil of a relay to ground and to the ignition power, this can be taken from the radio, or various places, kick panels, behind glove box, behind fuse box. then connect cut the wire that goes from the interior light to the neons, connect the side of the wire that goes to the interior light to the common pin of the relay, and the other wire that leads to the neons to the NC (normally closed) pin on the relay. a standard relay out of a car will work, as long as it has 5 pins, most do though. the 5 pins are, 2 for the coil, common, NC and NO (normally open).

for those that dont know what a relay does.. it is like a switch, most relays have 2 positions, normally open (when the coil has no power the power cant pass through from common NO, it can only pass when the coil has power, therefore it is normally open), and normally closed (power can pass when the coil has no power, but when the coil does have power the power cannot pass from common to NC.

if you do put a relay on there you can also put a switch between the ignition power and the relay for if u do want the lights on while the ignition is on.

for any more info just send me a pm

Clint
28th April 2006, 11:39 PM
haha now u just need some like that at the front and back, and a chaser unit to make the LEDS run around the car..

R3N
29th April 2006, 08:16 PM
better pics:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/rice2.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/rice3.jpg

EL BURITO
29th April 2006, 08:27 PM
Nice.

I wish my garadge was that big

PaulyJ
30th April 2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah notta bad... but what about rims?
i think some rims are more of a priority than assignments...

SSS_Hoon
30th April 2006, 05:23 PM
what leds ddi u use, do u got pics of the led units?

looks good though.

SSS_Hoon

cyclonic
30th April 2006, 06:09 PM
NICE! :) Looks good.

JR
2nd May 2006, 11:44 PM
damn!!! how big is ur garage!!!

yeah....u know wat would look better - if ur neon lights were shaped to project the opel sign - now dat would b nice!!!

CJB
2nd May 2006, 11:55 PM
ahahaha, thats more like a parking garage.

I half expect to see a security guard wondering around that room.

Nice pics too btw.

PaulyJ
3rd May 2006, 08:46 AM
damn!!! how big is ur garage!!!

yeah....u know wat would look better - if ur neon lights were shaped to project the opel sign - now dat would b nice!!!

hmmmm now thats an idea...

Clint
4th May 2006, 07:10 PM
that might not be that hard...