PDA

View Full Version : BTCC

astra_city
24th April 2004, 01:26 PM
Does anyone here follow the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship)? I just found out that the Astra has won for the last 3 years in a row! :D
I saw a DVD with the 2003 season review the other day...I might buy it to check out the racing. They run N/A 2L engines with around 206kw at 8500rpm 8)
They race against Civic type R's...Protons...Seat and some Alfa's and BMW's.

Check out Here (http://www.btccpages.com/) and here (http://www.toca-tour.co.uk/index.html)

for more info.

imay
24th April 2004, 04:04 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that it's unavailable on free-to-air TV. Wrote to Channel 10 about this some time ago (as they have adopted most motor sports) and was politely told there isn't enough interest to warrant them televising it!
Bummer!

ultim8DTM5
24th April 2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah but its dodgy as racing- watch ETCC and V8STAR if you want good racing!

astra_city
24th April 2004, 08:05 PM
Yeah but its dodgy as racing- watch ETCC and V8STAR if you want good racing!

damn, is it? I've never seen a race. But at least they have Astras that are winning :lol:

Do you know if any racing like DTM/ETCC/BTCC etc is shown on Foxtel? I've only ever seen Indy or Nascar...

Channel 10 have quite good coverage now. Sunday arvo's are good...Rally, Trackside then RPM....and then Formula 1 at night tomorrow :) I just want them to show some more kart racing like Kartstars or the CIK championship...

Degen-Astra
24th April 2004, 09:38 PM
I watch the one your talking about when its on Foxtel.

Astras and Civics are the guns of the competition with some MGs and...errrr...
Other cars! :oops:

ultim8DTM5
24th April 2004, 09:48 PM
ETCC is shown on Fox Sports, its the bizzomb- Alfa Romeo are dominating but Im waiting for the Schnitzer BMWs to make a comeback

astra_city
24th April 2004, 10:58 PM
yeah the ETCC would be the best to watch...I've been following that loosely for a while. The Alfas are flying...I go for the BMW's because my dad has one. They'll come back though hopefully.

Thanks for that...I'll keep an eye out on Fox Sports for it.

My04SRi
25th April 2004, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know which rally championship would the Corsa Sri be in?

tofo
25th April 2004, 09:09 PM
The BTCC should be much better watching now that Alan Gow is back in charge (he who masterminded the hey-days of the early 90's).

The opening round at Thruxton was pretty interesting and the new rules made for some strange behaviour. In race 2 the grid is the reverse of the finish positions of race 1 (i.e. finish last in race 1 and you're pole for race 2). As a result there was a huge anti-race at the end of race 1 with people braking right near the finish line!

Anyways, I think it will be an interesting season.

enj014
26th April 2004, 12:45 PM
The Corsa Super 1600 car is used in the Junior WRC competition,
as well as national championships across europe,
keep an eye on Rally-Live (http://www.rally-live.com) for updates on the Corsa in the JWRC & pics.

BTCC has gone to doghouse since the late 90's when teams were backed by F1 & WRC outfits.
but still wild to see how the drivers race when it's on FOX.
They haven't calmed down at all,
even though they have slowed speeds down :lol:

ETCC haven't seen it,
if its being shown on FOX will have to keep a better eye out for it,
I wanna see................ :D

__Smudge__
3rd May 2004, 08:18 AM
European, Jap and German Touring cars are big on power but BTCC is all action. This is rich mans banger racing, it is nothing to see Anthony Reed knock an opposing driver onto the grass at 130+ mph just to earn a place. I take my hat off to these drivers as they show true ability as do rally drivers. I also enjoy watching Holden and Ford battle it out on Aus circuits in saloon and Pickup (V8 Brutes) racing. All of these make F1 look easy. :wink: