PDA

View Full Version : VXR vs ST (XR5T) on Fifth Gear

Miyagi
25th April 2006, 07:42 PM
Yo,

The latest episode of Fifth Gear features a shootout between the VXR and the XR5T... if you know the internet... u know how to get it ;)

Definately worth checking out... i won't spoil it for everyone just yet.

Cheers,
Miyagi

dustbug
25th April 2006, 11:04 PM
Found it!!! what a mad video

anyone that can't find it ask, i got the link

p.s. I WANT ONE!!!

oneightoo
25th April 2006, 11:11 PM
why dont ya just post the link, save everyone finding it..

Shaun
25th April 2006, 11:13 PM
Im in the middle of downloading it now.... cant wait to see it. The Holden Vs Ford will be well alive by the end of 2006 in the hot hatch market.

Its about time that both Holden and Ford brought some decent Hot Hatches. Holden Kicked it off with the Astra G SRi Turbo and now HSV have upped the anti with the HSV VXR when it arrives.

Ford Started the attack with the Focus ST170 which wasnt as Popular as the SRi T Astra G but have made up for it with the Focus XR5 Turbo.

Both are very nice cars.

Shaun
25th April 2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah Post up the link Miyagi makes it easier for all to finds it.

Miyagi
25th April 2006, 11:38 PM
Ok then... i just wasn't sure on the forums opinions on posting links that are, well not 100% polite to copyright shenanigans etc.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/291250

You'll need a torrent client to download it. It's the full Fifth Gear episode, I'll be throwing it through an editer tomorrow and get it uploaded somewhere for all to enjoy (at a much more reasonable size). :)

Cheers,
Miyagi

Shaun
25th April 2006, 11:46 PM
CHEERS. cant wait to see the edited versions too.......

stake
27th April 2006, 11:23 PM
I found a link to a smaller version of the Focus ST (XR5) & VXR from Fifth Gear

It's about 22MB and is in .wmv format

VXR by 0.6sec

http://www.cruiselancs.co.uk/files/fifthgearvxr.wmv

rjastra
28th April 2006, 10:28 AM
But if you listen to what Tiff says it is the XR5 that is the better overall car.

And at $7-8000 LESS than the VXR on the Australian market.

It will be interesting to see how good the SRiT is. I wonder if Holden will supply 3/5 door versions?

Shaun
28th April 2006, 10:48 AM
If you listen carefully both cars have the good points. Both cars in there own right are very good. Focus is a Very Nice car. thing that appeals to me about it is the Volvo 5 Cylinder Turbo. That thing makes an awesome note.

I think Holdens going to have problems selling the SRi T to be honest. They should have released it earlier in the year that way the already had a foot in the door in the market.XR5 Turbo is 1k cheaper then what holden are saying the SRi T is and has 20kw more the the SRi T. Im under the impression that it will be a 3 door version for the SRi T. Then you have the HSV VXR to contend with. A car that will attract alot of people providing the price is spot on.

Wraith
28th April 2006, 01:06 PM
Yeh, I totally agree with he above.........

But what Holden/HSV might do is get limited numbers of the VXR to force other interested people into buying the standard SRiT.

I would definitely go for the Focus over the standard SRiT.

I'm also still curious to fully investigate the MPS Mazda 3 when it finally arrives.

I hope they release it in sedan version as well as I'm not a big fan of the hatch.........if it's as good as initial impressions are, I've found my Calibra replacement...

oneightoo
28th April 2006, 01:12 PM
the mazda 3 mps is neat.. any idea on the cost of one of those bad boys?

Wraith
28th April 2006, 01:18 PM
the mazda 3 mps is neat.. any idea on the cost of one of those bad boys?

From what I read up in Motor mag around high 30's plus on roads.

Dearer than Focus XR5, but cheaper than VXR.....

Shaun
28th April 2006, 03:09 PM
Yeh, I totally agree with he above.........

But what Holden/HSV might do is get limited numbers of the VXR to force other interested people into buying the standard SRiT.

I would definitely go for the Focus over the standard SRiT.

I'm also still curious to fully investigate the MPS Mazda 3 when it finally arrives.

I hope they release it in sedan version as well as I'm not a big fan of the hatch.........if it's as good as initial impressions are, I've found my Calibra replacement...
That could be the reason behind "limited Numbers of the VXR in 2006"

digitalis
28th April 2006, 04:20 PM
Mad shootout... and my boss is buying the XR5..... Think that he'll beat my bog stock H.

oneightoo
28th April 2006, 06:41 PM
no way will he beat you stock H in opel coolness!

MatsHolden
29th April 2006, 08:56 PM
I wonder if Holden will supply 3/5 door versions?

It will be available in Coupe. (3Door)