PDA

View Full Version : Holden overcharging people?

eld0ra
25th April 2006, 12:20 PM
Last easter weekend on saturday, my Astra h got broken into on the streets of the sydney CBD.

Naturally i call up my holden dealer to get a quote to fix my front passenger side window because i wanted original parts. They first tell me the glass is going to cost $175 to be exact. Then i asked how much labour was going to cost extra and the guy was clueless so he put me through to the service department. A lady answered the phone and i told her i wanted glass replacement blah blah blah... she answered that labour was going to cost $200 to install new glass. I asked her how long the job would actually take and she kept changing the subject somehow so i never got that out of her. So that equals to $375 total to buy glass and get it installed!

My cousin is the panel workshop manager at the same dealer and i asked him if he can help me out.. He made a phone call and said he can do it for $260 inc. labour.. Which is looking like a better figure than $375. I also found out that it would only take about 30 minutes max to replace the glass. Holden's happily willing to charge $200 for a 30 minute job which is pretty ridiculous.

Anyways.. my 2 cents :P

EL BURITO
25th April 2006, 01:23 PM
that is some expencive glass, but then loook at the difference in service price from one dealer to the next. Also loook at the difference in price for Vaux parts to Holden parts it all rather stupid

Clint
25th April 2006, 02:23 PM
if u want to see a rip off ask holden for a price on something, go home and pm slim craigie or look on ebay, talk to dealers in the uk, and see how many hundreds there is difference in price, then add a few hundred for labour which u can do yourself

i got quited $350 for a cam sensor, plus $150 for labour, got one from the uk for AU$90 including postage to my door, and dad installed it. huge difference in price

MatsHolden
25th April 2006, 06:24 PM
Holden is a profit organisation, so they're going to mark up whereever they can do get maximum turnover. It's not just Holden that do it, all manufacturers are the same, it's just the way it is. Holden's parts are a lot cheaper in comparrison to manfufacturer like Toyota. The thing is there are more people that don't know much about cars than people that do and just take that the price for parts is fair.

Red AH SRI T
26th April 2006, 07:38 AM
you must remember however, its not Holden themselves charhing you this fee, but the Dealer, and therefore its the dealers responsibility as to how much they choose to charge you.

pred8r
26th April 2006, 11:04 PM
you must remember however, its not Holden themselves charhing you this fee, but the Dealer, and therefore its the dealers responsibility as to how much they choose to charge you.

who more than likely has a 'standard' markup across the board, with a few exceptions.

Red AH SRI T
27th April 2006, 07:40 AM
yeah, its crazy how some things can vary so much from dealer to dealer!!

Kimme
27th April 2006, 11:01 AM
Whats strange is that we could have paid either $380 or $250 for the same job, at the SAME PLACE... depending on who you talk to.

CJB
27th April 2006, 12:29 PM
Like one Holden dealership charging me $9.80 for an Oil filter for my Corsa, then one charging me $20.80 for the exact same filter.....

hmm.

MatsHolden
27th April 2006, 12:45 PM
It's like anything though, a mate of mine got a quote for the exact same exhaust system as mine, and got quoted $100 more, we live in a dodgy world.:p

MK
27th April 2006, 04:20 PM
Definiately a dodgy world... but we can avoid it by shopping around. I never settle for one quote, i always ask arond and get as many quotes as possible.

JasonGilholme
27th April 2006, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of HOLDEN!!!

they suck.....get used to it.

It will happen everywhere that you go. Your best of gettin a car that has a large aftermarket support (ie nissan, honda, etc) That way you will be able to by replacement parts for much cheaper and the quality will definately be better then OEM.

Jase

eld0ra
27th April 2006, 11:21 PM
people get too greedy

pred8r
28th April 2006, 08:22 AM
It probably gets down to if the salesperson likes you as to the discount you get. Unless its company policy, there is always a little flexibility it just depends on the 'youre nice, i like you' factor.