PDA

View Full Version : Window Tinting

dodgyblue
23rd April 2004, 02:26 PM
Heya

I've a silver Astra. Was wondering if anyone has suggestions on the types of tint to get. Metallic reflective or plan dark tint? Also suggestions on tint shops or who to avoid? I was thinking Tint Professor in Melbourne.

Any help appreciated.

Dblue

euro_stylin
23rd April 2004, 02:29 PM
i got a silver astra and i got silver tint on it.... looks great!!
plus makes it harder for prying eyes to see in :wink:

frankie9fingers
23rd April 2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah i'd go the silver tint. Not coz of the prying eyes factor but the style points! If you do go tint professor, you get a nice yellow accent to drive around. yay!

Degen-Astra
23rd April 2004, 03:34 PM
Does the Accent come with the large breasted girl popping out of halter neck top as well?

If she does, i wouldnt take it!!

frankie9fingers
23rd April 2004, 03:42 PM
ooooooooohhhhhh.

sparksy
23rd April 2004, 03:46 PM
speaking of tinting.....

Anyone have problems with their tint not sticking around those little black dots that border the fixed windows? I had my Barina tinted at the dealer, and its not sticking all that good around them. You have to be close to see it usually, but on some angles in some light it looks like a bubble bordering the window.

Is this normal or am I being fussy?

frankie9fingers
23rd April 2004, 03:53 PM
i haven't got that prob.

Degen-Astra
23rd April 2004, 04:08 PM
Depends how much your talking about sparksy. As there will always be a fine line that it hasnt actually stuck to the window but the Saftey Warning Print on the window itself. Havent seen a tint yet that hasnt had this tiny little outline.

Dregger
23rd April 2004, 05:51 PM
outline is normal

OPL-20T
23rd April 2004, 06:10 PM
If in sydney i can get any tine any style for $200 i can get anything from 5% dark to as light as u want it.

sparksy
23rd April 2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks guys. I got a lifetime warranty on the tint job, so when I finaly get a chance to hook up with the Melb lads I'll see what the concenses is.

shaohaok
23rd April 2004, 07:52 PM
silver car with light-blue tints. just like the ADVANTGARDE series for the mercedes benzes. looks schmick. but i reckon reflective tints are much better

dodgyblue
29th April 2004, 09:50 AM
Well.. missus voted me down on silver tint so got black tints. Got it done by Tint Professor, they came and picked up car on the dot @ 7.45 am and returned it on the dot @ 9.30am today. haven't seen it yet as at work but will post my eval on job.

Rhino
29th April 2004, 11:34 AM
speaking of tinting.....

Anyone have problems with their tint not sticking around those little black dots that border the fixed windows?

I had this 'problem'.

The glue on the tint should still be effective. Get a cloth and push the tint hard on those dots, should disappear before your very eyes.

frankie9fingers
29th April 2004, 05:58 PM
Well.. missus voted me down on silver tint so got black tints. Got it done by Tint Professor, they came and picked up car on the dot @ 7.45 am and returned it on the dot @ 9.30am today. haven't seen it yet as at work but will post my eval on job.

under the thumb :lol:
........it's ok, we all are. i'm man enough to admit it.

AndiesRefuge
29th April 2004, 06:07 PM
question: if you get a tint which is 'not legal' does that void your insurance?

I myself havent gotten my car tinted yet, but i've heard conflicting stories...

frankie9fingers
29th April 2004, 06:15 PM
all you say to the insurance is "don't know, i told the guy i wanted a dark tint and he put that on"

My04SRi
29th April 2004, 08:43 PM
im getting my car tinted at tint professor tommorow.. darkest legal tint.. they have a special atm. you can also pay them in 3 months intrest free instalments..

Degen-Astra
29th April 2004, 09:53 PM
You just got sucked in my the girls boobs didnt ya? :lol: Split front top as she leans over the bonnet...would suck most guys in!

My04SRi
30th April 2004, 01:31 PM
hahaha yeah i juc came back today from thier a min ago.. i was looking but no bobbies :( but i did get my car tinted it was good i liked how it brought out my cars colour :D but when i got hom i had a closer look and there was this air bubble on the side of the window :( co i called and told them about it and they said it prolly is a moisture bubble (they go away within days) but i told them it looked more like an air bubble.. so im going back there again tomz for them to have a look :evil:

dodgyblue
9th May 2004, 08:45 PM
update on the tinting. didn't wind the windows down for 5 days as it was wet. looks pretty good in fact much better than the tinting i got on the camry. hmmm interesting tho guys, the rear demistor wires, is it normal for the tint to cover the wires? It would seem that on the camry it doesn't but in my astra it does. man can't figure out which i like to drive more, my camry or my astra :twisted:

Dregger
11th May 2004, 01:02 PM
what do u mean by cover the wires?

euro_stylin
11th May 2004, 01:19 PM
if you are talking about the thin metal strips in the rear window...then yes its normal for the tint to cover them. the tint is specially designed so it wont lift of bubble when you got the demistors on!

dodgyblue
11th May 2004, 04:13 PM
yeah that's what i mean.. but in the camry, the tint doesn't actually cover the wires.. it covers in between the wires but not over the wires.. :?: