PDA

View Full Version : New SRi Sydney owner

superviza
24th April 2006, 12:29 PM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself....

I just bought a 2002 Holden Barina SRI (cant wait to rebadge)

Silver - 3 door
13,000kms

Im very excited to have found this site.. i didnt realise that there was such a community behind these babies......

My first mods will be

* Full Opel Badging (need to find some)
* Total Closure Unit (ordered one from opelaus)
* Install new headunit --> This im a little confused with, i have seen tut's on how to remove the 2DIN Stock H/U but where do i get the face converter to go to a 1DIN H/U ? Also i would like to keep the SWC's so am i limited to make/model of H/U's or is just an adaptor needed ?

Once i have done the above ill start to look at...

* Full LED upgrade (dash) tossing up between blue and white
* Clear rear lights (where can i get these?)
* Footwell Lights
* Look at maybe new set of RIMS
* Look at new speaker setup (depending on how the stocks with new HU

Im sure many more will come :)

It's so nice having a car i can play with ( previously had a 93 Sonata )

Might even have to come on a few runs if there are a few around the Sydney area....

PaulyJ
24th April 2006, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the site!
1) Badges, pm a guy called Slimcraigie, he's our contact in the UK and will be able to help you out there
2) With the headunit, pm ChrisR. Although he is in QLD, he'll offer you professional advice and also allow you to retain your Steering wheel controls.
3) Led dash lights and clear rear lights you can get from www.ebay.co.uk (http://www.ebay.co.uk)
The Dash lights you CAN do them yourself if you can be bothered. I've done mine, but mine is a Corsa B. I think it was 'Pred8r' that did his own on a Corsa C, so send him a pm and he'll help you out aswell.

There is a lot more you can do with your car. You'll find more ideas here, and if you get stuck with anything, we're here to help you out and give you advice when needed.

Enjoy your stay and take care
Paul
Vic Admin

oneightoo
24th April 2006, 12:51 PM
hey mate, welcome to the club..

plenty of info about if you after any ideas for mods..

for badges, send a private message to Slimcraigie
for the clear tail lights try ebay
for the steering wheel controls there is an adapter you can get to retain the use of these
for anything stereo related, chek out the ICE section, or there are many people here with the knowledge to help you out..

good luck with the mods, and post some pics of your ride if you can.. you can host them here www.imageshack.us

also for cruises check out the NSW forum for any upcoming events here http://nsw.opelaus.com/phpBB2/

MK
24th April 2006, 02:39 PM
Welcome...

Gildo
24th April 2006, 02:56 PM
welcome, nice to had another silver SRi with us

CJB
24th April 2006, 04:47 PM
Hi dude, and welcome :)

The car has really low kilometres for a 4 year old... really good buy by the sounds of it.

superviza
24th April 2006, 06:55 PM
Hi dude, and welcome :)

The car has really low kilometres for a 4 year old... really good buy by the sounds of it.

Hehehe, yeah it has entremly low K's for an 02... i was abit sus at first but it looks and drives like new, come with 3yr 175k entended warrenty, im one happy boy....

Just took delivery of it like 1hr ago :)

All up it has cost me $15,500, not bad eh....

Now its time to start the Mod's.....

First i wanna do the Barina --> Corsa Mod... cant believe i own a birina... however they have come along way in the last 10 yrs, and the SRI is no standard birina.... the 1.8 i VERY snapppy....

Ill Get some pics up soon.....

for the badges... i know where to get em but how do u get them off???

(maybe i should ask some 12yo's i see hanging around :p

CJB
24th April 2006, 06:57 PM
hahaha, chances are they will know the best time efficient way to remove them...

many posts on how to remove, most common I think it hair dryer over the badge to melt the glue down, and use fishing line or a credit card to remove it from the car.

Then to clean the excess glue off, goo remover or as I used metho, but too much isn't good!!!!!

jock1976
25th April 2006, 01:13 AM
Welcome

jock1976 (02 Red SRi, 28000K's)