PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running on federal tyres?

Vaux_coupe_turbo
22nd April 2006, 02:05 AM
Hi , Just wondering if any of you guys are running on federal rubber, as over here in the UK there virtually unheard of and most of my mates questioned why I bought some.

They seem great to me, and I know there made in Aus.

lowey22
22nd April 2006, 10:25 AM
i had them on a set of 17s, they were good, no problems at all. lasted over a year (and about 25,000kms) until i sold them to a friend, (to get 18s :cool: ) they still had a decent amount of tread onthem too.

Red AH SRI T
22nd April 2006, 04:36 PM
never even heard of them :p

stevedee3
22nd April 2006, 04:56 PM
never even heard of them :pNeither had I, but here they are: http://www.federaltyres.com.au

MK
22nd April 2006, 05:26 PM
Famous Polish saying "Cudze chwalicie a swojego nie znacie"
Translation: "You praise the foreign, You forget the local"

stevedee3
23rd April 2006, 02:57 PM
...and I know there made in Aus.

According to their web site "Federal Tyres are manufactured in Asia and imported into Australia."

Vaux_coupe_turbo
25th April 2006, 06:39 AM
Oh right, Its just I was told there big with the import seen in Austrialia. I think there great, good grip in all weather conditions, and a very good price.

Poogene2001
25th April 2006, 11:00 PM
They were reviewed in the Wheels (or was it Motor) Annual Tyre test and performed really well. Only failed in the "wet braking test" coming dead last which screwed up their average score setting them mid pack. But for half the price of a pirelli or a dunlop Maxx sport tyre, ($165 was quoted in the mag) they sound like an excellent sporty choice.

rjastra
26th April 2006, 09:16 AM
The best inexpensive tyre to buy (according to Motors tyre test) is the Maxxis MA-V1 (top of the range). 2/3rd the price of the big guns yet near to equivalent performance.

JohnBu
26th April 2006, 11:10 AM
Oh right, Its just I was told there big with the import seen in Austrialia.

the import scene is full of ppl who can barely afford tyres after spending big on bling bling.

i got them on my car, purchased the car with them on, i think the seller put them on for the roadworth cert.

after 27,000km (on the rear), they look like they still have 75% left...

they arent that bad, nor that good.. but for the price, u can't complain.

Vaux_coupe_turbo
27th April 2006, 01:58 AM
Thats what I thought, but for some reason people over here sware by Toyo, and if you aint got em people think everything else is rubbish, pompus prats for ya I guess :D