PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had the Opel badges badged?

Rhino
23rd April 2004, 12:10 PM
Was just wondering if anyone has rebadged their Holden to Opel, only to have some envious prat deprive you of them after all the hard work you went through?

euro_stylin
23rd April 2004, 12:36 PM
hasnt happen to me but scared its going to!
did it happen to you...when?

Rhino
23rd April 2004, 12:40 PM
No, I'm thinking about putting in an order for a complete set of badges and am afraid that I'm gonna end up in tears.

Sleg8
23rd April 2004, 12:45 PM
This is the very reason I haven't ordered mine yet, especially when I was quoted 25 euro per wheel badge for my Corsa SRi!!!

euro_stylin
23rd April 2004, 12:52 PM
just hook up an electrical current to the badges so if anyone touches they get zaped! :twisted:
just remember to not touch them yourself :mrgreen:

dug74
23rd April 2004, 12:56 PM
Have been completely OPELIZED for over 6 months now, im always worried someone will steal or deface them but so far nothing. I superglued a nail to hold my grille badge as they are easy just to click off.

dazza015
23rd April 2004, 01:07 PM
Had mine on for a couple of months and all is ok, Granted the car is garaged Monday to friday and doesnt move again until Saturday, But still no one has tried to take them, I have a mate who has had his on his Corsa b for 6 years and are still there!

dug74
23rd April 2004, 01:15 PM
Had mine on for a couple of months and all is ok, Granted the car is garaged Monday to friday and doesnt move again until Saturday, But still no one has tried to take them, I have a mate who has had his on his Corsa b for 6 years and are still there!

I guess thats why they called QLD ===> The Smart State

euro_stylin
23rd April 2004, 01:20 PM

I guess thats why they called QLD ===> The Smart State

yeh so 'smart' they dont even know how to nick badges :lol:

frankie9fingers
23rd April 2004, 03:40 PM
only once did a kid try to take my front badge, but i've glued it with chemset. best stuff, but don't get it on you fingers coz there is no getting it off...ever!

em
23rd April 2004, 06:54 PM
only once did a kid try to take my front badge, but i've glued it with chemset. best stuff, but don't get it on you fingers coz there is no getting it off...ever!

hey same franky, i glued my front badge on with polyeuthrane (sp) the stuff they glue windscreens in with, now you dont see many windscreens being pulled out easily... :D
em

sijay
23rd April 2004, 07:03 PM
you have to be a bit sensible about where you leave it i guess me thinx. im pretty paranoid about the stereo so i dont leave the car on the street at night etc.. would rather pay for secure parking than leave it around people

anicorsa
23rd April 2004, 11:19 PM
My car is always out and i havent lost any of mine.

My front one is superglued on. So its a toughie...

Touch wood. :wink:

Anonymous
23rd April 2004, 11:39 PM
Glue is no match for my 'Ole mate'
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/large/7303.jpg

mr_astra_retired
24th April 2004, 12:43 AM
Well ive had opel badged cars now for about 6 years and never had a problem with them going missing , but it depends on your area i suppose.

Do it mate you wont regret spending the money

BoostedAstra
24th April 2004, 04:24 PM
hey all,

my prev sri was completely re badged w/opel badges(bar the airbag one) and they were never tampered with, even when the car was broken into and had the majority of my stereo nicked(primary reason for changing to turbo), most ppl didn't even know what they were.......... :roll: