PDA

View Full Version : Hallo from another new NSW member

jerrypufflewell
21st April 2006, 08:49 PM
Hey all

I just joined last week and thought I should introduce myself. I am 19 and live just North of Canberra. At the start of March I bought a TR Astra City and have been a member of www.astranation.com (http://www.opelaus.com/forum/www.astranation.com) since soon after.

The car is practically stock except for the stereo which I just upgraded this week. I would like to do many things with it (mainly styling), and would also like to upgrade the brakes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve a 4-wheel disc upgrade on my car? I think it only has rear drums :( also does anyone know if it's possible to change to a 5-stud wheel pattern? and how much these things will cost?
I have been looking into a few things practically since i bought the car so if anyone could help me with what I should do for brakes I would be most appreciative :), inevitably it will come down to when I can afford it lol

Top site btw

Cheers
Jerry

Lucky_Astra06
23rd April 2006, 07:22 PM
welcome to the site hope u find wat ur afta.... have a search in the how to section for astra's u might find something there.

PaulyJ
25th April 2006, 02:09 AM
The rear brake setup is the same as Corsa B's. Only way of doing it is by importing parts from the UK Opels... and thats gonna cost you a lot of money.
My opinion on that, get slotted rotors and some good pads.
You wont need any more unless you want to seriously start spending $$$ and having your car off the road getting it done.
Trust me, i've been researching this for the past.... 3+ years now...

jerrypufflewell
25th April 2006, 10:32 PM
lol damn, drums look so stupid! yeah oh well I have no money so I will just upgrade front to slotted etc when I can afford it :P thanks Pauly!

Thanks for the welcome lucky :)

Jerry