PDA

View Full Version : So, Denny Mooney (HOLDEN MD) was here today

Red AH SRI T
20th April 2006, 08:24 PM
Anyways he came to our dealership today, managed to get the following out of him

* Commodores in Showrooms Late July/Early August
* Statesman in Showrooms Late August/Early September
* Commodore looks quiet different to CGI's we have seen
* All CGI's of Statesman are very wrong and car is much better looking
* New Captiva in Showrooms in Late August/Early September
* New Vectra Replacement in showrooms Late September/Early October
* No name yet chosen for Vectra replacement

oneightoo
20th April 2006, 08:27 PM
oooooohh thats interesting..

CJB
20th April 2006, 11:31 PM
Did u ask him if he likes steak chips and egg for dinner?

oneightoo
20th April 2006, 11:54 PM
did u ask him if he scrunch's or folds?

Shaun
21st April 2006, 09:18 AM
Did you ask him when the new SRi Turbo Astra is here?

BA55UP
21st April 2006, 09:19 AM
that would be a ques for HSV, not holden :)

Shaun
21st April 2006, 12:33 PM
that would be a ques for HSV, not holden :)
if i was refering to the VXR it would be a question for HSV . But im refering to the New Holden SRi Turbo Astra. There is a Difference.

Red AH SRI T
21st April 2006, 01:11 PM
SRi should be arriving may/june, same time as diesel

rusole21
21st April 2006, 02:32 PM
well done blacky. is all this info you leak a breach of confidentiallity? nice work if it is. hahaha.

CJB
21st April 2006, 04:57 PM
so, let me get this right...

there will be:

Astra SRI Turbo (called SRI???)
Astra HSV
Astra Diesel

being added to the existing line already?

Crap - that's a lot of choices when it comes to the astra. :p

bill142
21st April 2006, 05:53 PM

there will be:

Astra HSV
Astra Diesel

Crap - that's a lot of choices when it comes to the astra. :p

And they will all come with a hairdryer.

rusole21
21st April 2006, 05:56 PM
And they will all come with a hairdryer.
and a free set of steak knives. haha
the diesel will sell well i recon. ppl lookin for economy now as prices of fuel are around $1.45 a litre. crap:mad:

MatsHolden
21st April 2006, 07:01 PM

there will be:

Astra HSV
Astra Diesel

That's correct Crispy. Looking foward to checking out the SRi Turbo, can only dream about owning a VXR at the moment. lol

CJB
21st April 2006, 07:02 PM
ahh, with all the HSV hype, I forgot about the SRI Turbo! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gosh!

BA55UP
21st April 2006, 11:32 PM
i thought the SRI turbo was the HSV, lol what the diff?

isnt the HSV turbo'd?? :(

Alfonzo
22nd April 2006, 12:53 AM
I was under the impression that it'll go:
CD coupe/hatch/wagon
CDX coupe/hatch/wagon
CDXi hatch
SRi-T coupe
Diesel hatch (not sure where that'll fit in amongst those)
&
HSV VXR coupe

??

EL BURITO
22nd April 2006, 04:16 AM
I think i will be havein an oil burrner, would prefer it in a coup with the SRI spec like they get in the Uk

Shaun
22nd April 2006, 08:09 AM

VXR is a VXR. SRi Turbo is a SRi Turbo.Its not a case of different body kit fitted and bigger rims. The VXR has larger brakes more power Recaro Interior and many more features that are not available for the SRi Turbo nor will they be in Australia. Like all HSV products they will be fitted with a body build plate Making the Australian VXR more unique. The Vauxhall VXR brand is like our HSV brand. Its there Sports brand. The VXR has a Z20LEH and the SRi T has a Z20LET and Z20LEL (From Memory) . Same Base engine but the internals are different. VXR has a Full Sports Body kit. VXR is a Preformance hatch in the true sense of the word. The car has been built and designed as a Hot Hatch . Every thing from the look to the preformance is what makes to be a Unquie Astra.

The Astra SRi Turbo looks soft compared to the VXR imo.

Red AH SRI T
22nd April 2006, 10:59 AM
I was under the impression that it'll go:
CD coupe/hatch/wagon
CDX coupe/hatch/wagon
CDXi hatch
SRi-T coupe
Diesel hatch (not sure where that'll fit in amongst those)
&
HSV VXR coupe

??

CD Coupe/Hatch/Wagon YES
CDX Coupe/Hatch/Wagon YES
CDXi Hatch NO, its being deleted, with most features being added to the CDX, the leather seats will become an option.
CDTi (Diesel Astra) Hatch, YES (will come with new CDX spec)
SRi T Coupe YES
HSV VXR YES

hope this helps

MatsHolden
22nd April 2006, 03:17 PM

The HSV VXR gets an uprated turbocharger and fuel injection system, revised inlet and exhaust manifolds, lowered and uprated VXR sports suspension, and that's just the beginning.

cyclonic
23rd April 2006, 08:02 PM
Can't wait either. The VXR is the OPC Astra basically.

Shaun
23rd April 2006, 11:39 PM
Can't wait either. The VXR is the OPC Astra basically.

The use different Suspension. Interiors are alittle different. OPC has a Blue patten in the seat VXR has Grey.
There are differences between them in princpal they are close to being the same.

Red AH SRI T
24th April 2006, 07:33 AM
Yes, our VXR is built more closley to the Vauxhall VXR specs, however it will be built by OPC in Germany

Shaun
27th April 2006, 07:38 PM
Yes, our VXR is built more closley to the Vauxhall VXR specs, however it will be built by OPC in Germany

OPC / VXR roll down the same line dont they ?

Red AH SRI T
28th April 2006, 07:58 AM
i thought that the OPC was built in Germany and the VXR in the UK???

Maybe i was wrong?!

*runs screaming from the building*

BA55UP
28th April 2006, 08:20 AM
man this is confusing :P

Shaun
28th April 2006, 08:19 PM
i thought that the OPC was built in Germany and the VXR in the UK???

Maybe i was wrong?!

*runs screaming from the building*

Im under the impression that There is a plant in the uk but i dont know what exactly rolls out off that plant but it isnt the VXR. The OPC and VXR i think are built on the same line as they People over in the UK were waiting for them to come across from Europe.

Opel is sold everywhere in Europe except in the England Scottland and Wales. This has been the case for many Years. Same deal as our Holden Soruced Opel Products. They are just branded as Vauxhall for the Market. Vauxhall is English company that used to produce there own product. More then likely when GM purchased the controlling shares in Vauxhall and Opel a deal was made to cut production cost and share common parts. Its Not uncommon for this to happen. For example the Chrysler Cross Fire used 95 % of Mercedes Benz Components and the dont hide it either. they still have Mercedes Benz Number on Engine Air intake pipes.

I will confirm that for sure about what plant they roll off at . Aussie In London should be able to confrim it for me.

astra03
29th April 2006, 08:52 AM
With all this talk about this and that Astra coming in the future is great for the enthusiasts, however NO mention whatsover about a sedan version.......

For me I would like to replace my G sedan in the next couple of years with a product of similar quality, pricing etc and most preferably from a Holden dealership.

At this stage they will not have a product suitable to sell me....

Maybe they should look at why Toyota sell so many Corollas in Australia,a arguable fact that most of us in Opelaus would believe, is a car not on par overall with either the G or H.

If Holden are deadly serious about being the leader in the small/medium car market, I would hope they adjust their scope to cover ALL body styles in the Astra range.

Please, no smart comments about buying a Viva sedan, they are not worth the money that they are selling for now. Although a reasonably pleasant appearance on the outside, you do not have to look far to see some pretty cheap and nasty fittings. I do a lot of miles per week and I would think it would be only a fairly short time till it became very tatty and loose.

Holden....please consider the Australian market and voice to Opel the need for all body styles to be built in future Astra ranges.

180HOA
29th April 2006, 10:21 AM
I doubt Holden's volumes would have any impact on Opel's decision whether or not to build Astra sedans...

As for the Corolla - most people I know who buy them don't really know much about cars, they virtually buy them out of habit and because they're cheap. So I'd say Holden have looked at this in deciding to sell the (cheap) Viva alongside the Astra.

If you must have a euro sedan that's comparable to the Astra, take a look at the Focus. Or in a non-Euro maybe the Civic. I really don't see why the Holden badge is worth getting hung up on. The only mainstream product they have now that doesn't suffer from poor quality and/or plummeting resale values is the Astra... I'm not sure one model can prop up the reputation of an entire brand for too long.