PDA

View Full Version : Astra tech2

Ginge
17th April 2006, 09:32 AM
i recently went to AUTOTECH to get my Unichip installed. it has come to a fault in my system that wont allow it to work it runs fine at the moment with out it, they bypassed their wiring.

Spiro say's it cant find revs so would this be a sensor. I was wondering if i take it to a dealer and get them to check it out they may find to trouble spot with the tech 2 program.

Ginge
17th April 2006, 08:54 PM
anyone got any idea. my car occasionally goes into limp mode (sounds like an old VW), what r some things that can cause this???
it's a '99 1.8 astra

MatsHolden
17th April 2006, 08:58 PM
anyone got any idea. my car occasionally goes into limp mode (sounds like an old VW), what r some things that can cause this???
it's a '99 1.8 astra

Overheating can cause it to go into limp mode, also if there's a faulty temperature sensor it may be telling the ECU that your cars overheating when it isn't. I'm sure there's other reasons that it could be doing this but thats just two I could think of off the top of my head.

mykk
17th April 2006, 09:25 PM
how much was the chip ?

Turblue
18th April 2006, 09:44 AM
Spiro say's it cant find revs so would this be a sensor. I was wondering if i take it to a dealer and get them to check it out they may find to trouble spot with the tech 2 program.

Can't find revs..???

Haven't you got a tacho in the dash? If you do, and it works, I find that hard to understand. With the SRiT (Bosch ecu) there is an rpm signal wire from the ecu. Easy.

Ginge
19th April 2006, 01:32 PM
i got the chip 2nd hand 4 $200. there is nothing wrong with it as it was checked out.

tacho works. when spiro pluged in his computer to tune it the car came up with a fault code and ran like ****. he couldnt override it at all. we have no idea. what to do.

Mr T
19th April 2006, 10:31 PM
As wayne said, the tacho is contolled by the ecu. So if you have a reading on the dash you have a reading at the ecu and therefore that can not be the problem.

Vaux_coupe_turbo
25th April 2006, 06:42 AM
Try a new air flow meter, there a weak point on the mk4's, Ive had 2 already.

Ginge
26th April 2006, 06:56 AM
thanks. i'll cost it and c if i can afford it.

Ginge
28th April 2006, 01:29 PM
car goes back to AUTOTECH on monday. we'll c how it goes. getting prices for airflow meter today.