PDA

View Full Version : Tyre prices online - where?

stevedee3
15th April 2006, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm vaguely considering replacing my tyres with something better, but it's hard to get an idea of what various tyres cost without actually visiting a tyre seller. Do any Australian retailers have this kind of information online?

Thanks.

SSS_Hoon
15th April 2006, 04:17 PM
i was tring to find this also but couldnt find any, and the conclusion i came to was that they vary from place too place and can change at the drop of a hat.

i rang a few first.

SSS_Hoon

PaulTheBall
18th April 2006, 08:21 PM
Actually I found the opposite: I needed new tyres a couple months ago. I picked out the model I wanted (Yoko C-drive), and phoned around. The price between about 5 places varied by no more than $2 per tyre. The clincher was the place that offered a $50 fuel card with a set of 4 :-)

EAK33Y
18th April 2006, 09:13 PM
I got a new set of rears got a quote of $175 for 215/35/18 Nankangs from a mobile guy who was rolling my gaurds at the time so i thought i would ring up and see what others where priced dearest was $280 and werent even Nankangs cheapest was $215 for nankangs so i got the mobile guy to get them

stevedee3
18th April 2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys. I'm really trying to compare the relative costs of different makes/models; I'm not really concerned with the exact dollar value at the yet.

$50 of fuel sounds pretty convincing...