PDA

View Full Version : meguiers nxt generation. who's uses it

beep beep sri
15th April 2006, 01:55 PM
just wondering if anyone one here has used the meguires nxt generation wax? what did you think of it? ive just purchased the carwash and the wax but with the way melbourne weather is i wont get to use it for quiet some time.

SSS_Hoon
15th April 2006, 04:16 PM
i recently only just finished doing my car.

i cut it back with a buff, then used meg paint cleaner then i used meg gold class wax and worked a treat the car is now much deeper and looks cleaner, all i have to do now is fix all the damm paint chips.

i was told to do it in this order.

wash
clay bar
paint cleaner
polish wax

for the best outcome.

SSS_Hoon

Vectracious
15th April 2006, 04:55 PM
Just did the Astra yesterday using both the Meguiars Nxt Generation Car wash and the Tech Wax to finish it all off - came up a treat but you dont get as much of the "Wet Look" Like you do with a Carnauba wax (spelling). The trade off is that the Tech Wax sits on your paintwork for a much longer time than the natural stuff does.

But it was very easy to use - applied and removed quite easily....

Heres the bonnet after I finished..... I havent cleaned the Astra (wifes car) properly ever since it was brand new - which is 6 years now.

http://members.westnet.com.au/ptzimos/asba.JPG

Wash-> clay bar -> Polish -> Wax all up took about 3 hours - pretty happy with the results - there were a lot of water stains etc on the bonnet - now its v clean.

[

astraman
15th April 2006, 05:26 PM
I currently use 3M Perfect-it Paste Wax. Easy to apply and remove giving a good wet look. Lasts about two months and costs $40 a tin. Problem is can only get it from 3M stockists.

Bought a tin of Mothers California Gold $50 - pure carnauba wax - best described as average.

Check a site called Waxit.com.au. They stock a product by Swissol. A mate uses it on his Porsche and reckons that it lasts about 3 months. Puts like a film on the car so that even rinsing the car virtually cleans it. He bought a starter pack costs about $300 - sounds like a lot but he reckons its worth it.

I guess it comes down to how own you wax, where you leave your car and how fussy you are with waxing.

SSS_Hoon
15th April 2006, 05:29 PM
yeah i still have water stains on my bonnet the bff/cut back didnt get them all, oh well next time maybe.

clay bar i have never used one before what are they like? how do u use it?

SSS_Hoon

astraman
15th April 2006, 08:32 PM
My wife parked her honda CRV next to a house that was having its roof sprayed. Unfortuately the spray from the roof landed on her car. Went to the 3M suppliers and they suggested using the clay bar from 3M.

Their advice was to work the panels with a spray bottle filled with soapy water and use long strokes not swirls. As the clay became clogged you kneaded it. Better option was to use small pieces.

the other option to the clay is a paint type wax cleaner.

Try the website I mentioned above - its got an advice section.

Petey
15th April 2006, 08:48 PM
Hey all,
Clay is very easy to use, cut it up into 4 or 6 pieces, roll a piece into a ball, flatten it then rub onto your paint with small strokes. Make sure you spray LOTS of lubricant as you do it. You can use a quick detailer or car wash solution / water.

It basically picks up anything stuck to your paint. After a few strokes, re-knead the clay to get a fresh surface & continue. If you drop it - CHUCK IT OUT as it'll pick up grit from the ground & you'll scratch your paint with it... If its hard to get a clean surface get another new piece & continue.

Once car is done your paint will feel smooth as glass.

As for NXT wax, have it & use it. Very good over the counter wax & provides long lasting protection. The look gets better after it cures, ie the next day too

Wraith
15th April 2006, 08:52 PM
I currently use 3M Perfect-it Paste Wax. Easy to apply and remove giving a good wet look. Lasts about two months and costs $40 a tin. Problem is can only get it from 3M stockists.

Bought a tin of Mothers California Gold $50 - pure carnauba wax - best described as average.

Check a site called Waxit.com.au. They stock a product by Swissol. A mate uses it on his Porsche and reckons that it lasts about 3 months. Puts like a film on the car so that even rinsing the car virtually cleans it. He bought a starter pack costs about $300 - sounds like a lot but he reckons its worth it.

I guess it comes down to how own you wax, where you leave your car and how fussy you are with waxing.

I use the same product, ie: 3M pastewax and also am a big fan of the Maguires gold class wax n polish.

To compare the 2, the 3M paste wax does not remove any paint what so ever and provides a long longer lasting protective film compared to the gold class, but the gold class gives a much deeper/shinier finish and does remove more paint/dirt from the surface.

It all depends what you want to achieve, if you have a new car with clean duco that is always garaged, I recommend the 3M paste wax, provides a good long lasting shine without paint removal and if the literature is true, good uv protection.

If you have an older car with worn/dirt built up duco the gold class will bring it up new, it gives a better shine to any other product I've ever used - and I've tried plenty over the past 23 years..........

MatsHolden
15th April 2006, 08:56 PM
I use all Meguiars products. Have used the Nxt Generation Tech Wax for a while now and the paint work does come up a treat, particularly on dark coloured cars like mine (Saphire Black). It gives the paint a full depth of colour. It also removes swirl marks and light scratches leaving a flawless finish which is very pleasing. I'm always getting comments on how shiny my paint always looks. It is pricey but it is worth it.

You really need to see it in the flesh but here's a photo takin after using it...
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/SiteImage6.jpg