PDA

View Full Version : Great service at Holden

Charlatan
9th April 2006, 02:54 PM
I have my car serviced at a private mechanic. I refuse to take it to Holden, too many bad experiences. Warranty issues however, and it has to go back.

I've had a number of warranty issues that need fixing in the past month. The car has been back 3 times now and is booked in again next week, and so far one of the issues has been fixed. They keep using the excuse of "waiting for parts", but ffs, its a barina and you'd think a seat belt mechanism would be a stock part!

All this is an inconvienience, but what has really got my goat is that they have broken 4 seperate parts of the interior trim and havent bothered to mention this to me. I just happened to be cleaning some things out and noticed broken trim lying in the back. I dont think they train these monkeys in how to remove trim, other than grab and pull.

Very annoying. Holden are the suck.

rant over

EL BURITO
9th April 2006, 03:02 PM
bloody hell mate u got me worried now cos i still got to get my back seat looked at

MK
9th April 2006, 03:23 PM
same here...i will start looking at other places to have my Astra H serviced... what do you guys think about Ultra Tune?

As for warranty issues, will have to see Holden... but i will remember to check the car after each warranty repair, making sure nothing has been damaged.

Charlatan
9th April 2006, 03:36 PM
In my view, Ultra Tune is really the same as Holden, just a large chain ... I'm sure you can find a good one though. I have mine done at a place called Top Tune (www.toptune.com.au) and the guy is just passionate about cars.

MK
9th April 2006, 04:24 PM
see thats what i want... well established business that has been around for a long time, business that knows their cars or at least tries to make effort in knowing.
The wbsite shows all that... unfortunately i live in western Sydney (not for long...in process of selling my place and moving to North Shore)

i used to have a Commodore and did take it to place where the guy knew this type of cars...but when i purchased my Astra H and called him to inquire about servicing it he wasnt too "confident" in answering my questions.

oneightoo
9th April 2006, 05:16 PM
i get my car serviced at HG Motors in lane cove, best service ever, Harry the guy who owns it always calls before doing something to make sure your fine with the cost, and even goes out of his way to find non-genuine parts at a cheaper price, but never cuts out quality.. car is always put back together neatly..

so marcin if your coming to the north shore, i recomend HG Motors on the corner on centennail avenue and mowbray road in lane cove, you wouldnt be disappointed..

beep beep sri
9th April 2006, 05:55 PM
im not from around your way but my experience with ultra tune down here
is the same as holden and midas big chain and your just a little man change the oil and where's our money! its bloody hard to find a good mechanic but when you find em they are worth every cent you pay them

EL BURITO
9th April 2006, 06:30 PM
i think my 45k service is like $500 at holden but arround here there are not to many other options

MK
9th April 2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks oneightoo, i just entered the info in my palmtop. once i move i will give them a fair go... thanks again.

yes, its hard to find a good mechanic, the big chains (because they are big) are forced to treat clients like numbers, they outgrow their abilities to provide service...i understand it (i do not condone it) because i work for the biggest retail chain in Australia.

GreyRex
10th April 2006, 10:13 AM
Here's my contribution... Ferntree Gully Holden out east of Melbourne went to replace an INDICATOR bulb in one headlight, cuz it was stuck, and i couldn't do it. SO in the process of doing this, they had to remove the headlight. Thats fine, but i still cannot believe how it was given back to me. When i checked it over after it had been looked at (which i ALWAYS do), the headlight they had looked at had literally about 150 stress fractures in the plastic, like it had been dropped. I said to them... THAT WAS NOT HOW I GAVE IT TO YOU:mad: . They then ordered a new one. We have had numerous problems with this dealership over the years, my parents included. You would think they would do something about it. One whole family... all bad experiences.

Last year, when i was looking at purchasing my Barina SRi, i organised a test drive on my day off with a salesman. When i came in the day of the test, HE SAID IT HAD BEEN SOLD!!! What fantastic service!!!

Bad experience after bad experience...

BUT...

After many recommendations from my mum, i went to Heritage Holden in Lilydale. What a difference!!! Professional... and the work gets done. I told them about the other dealership, and the problems i had had. They told me they had had three complaints in one week about that dealership. They also said that they may have to charge me for dodgy work from another dealership... but alas... when i picked it up, i didn't pay a cent.:)

I will give it to Ferntree Gully that they re-embursed me for the $70 replacement globes they neglected to install in BOTH headlights, but the experience from Heritage was really good, including the follow up call after my service to make sure i was happy!!! My family's also bought both of their last Commodores brand new from them...

So people... obviously hunt around and try and find something good. Once you find something good, stick with it. Because they're not easy to find

Nem
10th April 2006, 11:40 AM
I got a follow up from Holden to ask if I was happy with their service the other day. I told her they spent 20 minutes looking at something they told me they could fix but then couldnt and charged me $70. She said:
"Thankyou for your time - goodbye" ...click.
I thought part of the reason to ring and ask someone about the service satisfaction was to gather bad feedback as well as good? I think they didnt want to spoil their figures I guess.

CateO
10th April 2006, 12:08 PM
Without creating too much negaitve energy (or adding to it), I am experiencing the 'Holden way' as we speak. In the process of 'eliminating problems' they've broken my OPEL lanyard and told me if they break another one then they will replace it. Still waiting for my new headunit to come in to finally get the issues sorted (going on 3 weeks now).

PaulyJ
10th April 2006, 12:17 PM
Only get my car serviced at my own mechanic.
He's been doing the car since i've had it, knows exactly whats been done and as someone stated before, is passionate about his cars and doesn't talk sh!t about getting unncecessary crap done.
I trust him with all the work that i get done.

pocket rocket
10th April 2006, 01:04 PM
My warranty claim: my cd is stuck in the player.. remove and fix please

Sutherland Holden : warranty does not cover "burnt" "pirated" "copy" cd's. We will have to charge you if this happens again.

Can they???

kirssn
10th April 2006, 01:14 PM
my mechanic does work at holden. so many people make complaints about his workshop but they seem to have narrowed it down to who works on the cars which come back with so many complaints. this means that their complaint level should minimize as they reprimand the problem people.

CateO
10th April 2006, 02:05 PM

Sutherland Holden : warranty does not cover "burnt" "pirated" "copy" cd's. We will have to charge you if this happens again.

Can they???

I think this was discussed recently.
I was yelled @ my Holden for using burnt CD's.
Seems they're the same everywhere ...

Jackson
10th April 2006, 03:00 PM
anoyone living in or around the sydney city area should give Central Autohaus a try, have been taking my v6 calibra there for couple of years now and nothing has gone wrong at all, prices are decent as well.

9690 0997 if interested :)

pocket rocket
10th April 2006, 03:13 PM
... I bought mine from a Holden dealership.... They have a mobile mechanic that comes to me..... I've only had 1 service to date.... problem free so far...

My BF on the other hand has had pages and pages of waranty claims and service failures from another Holden dealership for his VY 's'... he's nearly had a few biffos with the lads too...

dealerships are full of appreticeships... so it all depends on how much you love your car.

btm
10th April 2006, 03:24 PM

Can they???
i don't see how they could do this - it does not stipulate anywhere in the terms about the use of burnt CD's in the CD player

pocket rocket
10th April 2006, 03:30 PM
Where can I get a copy of the Warranty legislation?

gemstar_007
10th April 2006, 03:43 PM
i just got my 60k service with holden on my 2004 cdx astra cost me $850... :eek: plus they tried me to charge me for the ash tray that they broke last time i was in there...
I tried to go somewhere else but it just voids my extra warrenty so i guess i just have to be prepared to argue with them every 6 - 12months or so hehe

pocket rocket
10th April 2006, 03:47 PM
i bought mine in dec 04 'ex demo'..... 8000k's
1st reg owner etc.

I have 3 years new car warranty.. then 3 years used car warranty when the new car waranty expires..:D

gemstar_007
10th April 2006, 03:56 PM
yea haha that was the same deal i got.. but i racked a few k's up since then :( hahaha it was actually a car that came from brisbane airport and got traded in, so i got a sweet deal was only 4 months old when i got my hands on it. but yea holden on the coast here wont let me get it serviced anywhere else or ill loose those 3 extra years.. doh

pocket rocket
10th April 2006, 04:02 PM
HOlden Melb had mine as their demo.. they shipped it to Syd for little me...

What did you pay???

gemstar_007
10th April 2006, 04:04 PM
hehe aw how special... mine was about 22K wot about you? do u have a cdx as well?

pocket rocket
10th April 2006, 04:10 PM
It's an SRI 2.2. 'Ultra' blue
I paid 22K too!!!

but i traded in my old mitsa for AUD1500.. the sale was all so quick that Holdedn didn't even get the chance to see the mitsa.. ..

I'll never forget the day i got it. They drove my new car over to me.. prob about a 45min drive for them ( a few hic cups had occured so I threatened to pull the contract) .. it was a HOT stinking day too.. about 38 398 degrees.. the guy drops it off i sign the dotted line we shake hands... and he drives my mitsa back to his dealership.. NO AIR CON, NO POWER STEER and the peddie light was on!:p ....sUCKERs

I feel bad.. but they sooooooooo deserved it.!!!

gemstar_007
10th April 2006, 04:14 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: LMFAO... funny but true aHahahaHA

CJB
10th April 2006, 05:12 PM
Holden said they "fixed" my steering rack and struts under warranty... but the noise is still there (in amongst scrubbing)............ so it's back to Buhse's Laidley (which pi$$es me off cos it's a 45km trip one way) to get it fixed again, or properly.

I just use a private mechanic (my Uncle :) ).

Never heard that pirated CD thing before :eek: but I sure know they don't mind listening to them while they have your car :p

MK
10th April 2006, 06:15 PM
there is a Thread somewhere which talks about Copied\Burnt CD's and their use, i read my Car Audio Manual and Opel\Holden even give the owned instructions\tips how to properly burn CD's for optimal performance...

CJB
10th April 2006, 06:32 PM
there is a Thread somewhere which talks about Copied\Burnt CD's and their use, i read my Car Audio Manual and Opel\Holden even give the owned instructions\tips how to properly burn CD's for optimal performance...

Just put the songs on the list and press burn :p

simple :D

bill142
10th April 2006, 06:50 PM
same here...i will start looking at other places to have my Astra H serviced... what do you guys think about Ultra Tune?

Having inhertited an Ultra Tune franchise, which I quickly disposed of, my advice is go elsewhere. Admittedly each franchise is basicly left to their own devices when it comes to customer service, the servicing schedules are the same throughout the stores. Essentially the quality of service may be different from one store to another. All they are interested in is screwing the franchisee who inturn has to screw the customer to recoup their costs.

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:08 PM
Dont mean to be on the "bag out Ultra Tune band wagon" but I don't like them, never had an honest experience with them.

EL BURITO
10th April 2006, 09:24 PM
Never heard that pirated CD thing before :eek: but I sure know they don't mind listening to them while they have your car :p

And thats y the amps come out befor the car ever gos in

oneightoo
10th April 2006, 09:32 PM
Dont mean to be on the "bag out Ultra Tune band wagon" but I don't like them, never had an honest experience with them.
i used to always go to ultra tune at macarthur square.. never ever had a problem, they were always cheapest, and always honest and had good customer service..

dont know what you mofo's have done to get otherwise.. maybe it's karma from when you used to pull wings off flies..

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:38 PM
I used to squash ants all the time, or pick them up (smelly things they are) and put them in the bucket of water :) or in the toilet.

I guess I made the mistake of saying...

"Hi, I have a 1999 Barina, can I get it serviced"

that's what screwed me over.

oneightoo
10th April 2006, 09:42 PM
you shoulda said

hi, i'm crispin, i drive a mystery car, and you'll see it when i bring it in, until then, suffer in ya jocks!

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:47 PM
hmm, should have.

He is the one who kinda yelled at me for driving with no front brake pads :p hahaha. I knew that noise wasn't right... hehehe.

Trying to explain my first name was confusing him enough, eventually he just settled to call me... Baker.

pocket rocket
11th April 2006, 01:48 PM
mine's a mobile dude.. he fixes it while I'm at work... i always park it outside my window where i can see him and he can't see me;)

lowey22
11th April 2006, 02:03 PM
from my experience ultra tune are great. I used them in brisbane and now in townsville. their prices are always very good and much cheaper than elsewhere. They always take care of my car and me. My gf used a different Ultra Tune to me back in Brisbane and they were really good too.

So 3 from 3 UTs were good, but i guess it depends on the individual stores and then the individuals who do the work...

pocket rocket
11th April 2006, 02:16 PM
No two men are tarred more with the same brush than a "car salesman" and a "motor mechanic".

Only when the two are a joined entity that one must take extreme caution.

-GRASS HOPPER

lowey22
11th April 2006, 03:08 PM
No two men are tarred more with the same brush than a "car salesman" and a "motor mechanic".

Only when the two are a joined entity that one must take extreme caution.

-GRASS HOPPER

hmmm, i agree to a degree, how about builders and subcontractors?

pocket rocket
11th April 2006, 03:35 PM
yes but we are talking HOLDEN service.. mechanics contracted to the sale... This ultimate 'Trump' card is called 'Warranty'.