PDA

View Full Version : Sneak peak of Holden's all-new Commodore

Pages : [1] 2

Red AH SRI T
6th April 2006, 04:26 PM
enn Butler

Thursday April 6 2006

The Sydney Morning Herald and drive.com.au will tomorrow reveal all you need to know about the forthcoming Holden VE Commodore, the most important new car of 2006.

Tomorrow is VE Day – the day when The Sydney Morning Herald and drive.com.au will reveal crucial details about the VE Commodore, the most important car in the history of General Motors Holden and a car that will determine the future of the big Aussie sedan.

The most comprehensive details yet will be revealed tomorrow and vital questions will be answered.

What has Holden done to guarantee the success of this vehicle?

Why is the VE Commodore six months late?

Why does the next Commodore have less local content yet more global significance than any before it?

What makes it the most radical model in the nameplate’s 26-year history?

One thing is for sure: the VE Commodore is no light facelift. As Holden spokesman Jason Laird explained: “For the past three years we've invested $1.8 billion on local operations.”

Want to know more?

Grab the Drive section of the Sydney Morning Herald on Friday or visit drive.com.au from midday.

Source: www.drive.com.au

oneightoo
6th April 2006, 04:29 PM
pictures! we want pictures!

Red AH SRI T
6th April 2006, 04:31 PM
i have tomorrow off, i will make sure i post anything as soon as i know!!!

oneightoo
6th April 2006, 04:34 PM
dam straight you will!!

Red AH SRI T
6th April 2006, 04:35 PM
I CAN'T!!!

I'm getting my hair cut at midday!!!

:eek:

oneightoo
6th April 2006, 04:36 PM
hahaha dag nammit!

CJB
6th April 2006, 04:39 PM
Hmm, or unless you're too sh1tfaced to even know what day it is or where you are :)

Can't wait to see pics.

SSS_Hoon
6th April 2006, 05:12 PM
its fwd

:lol:

SSS_Hoon

mr_sikma
6th April 2006, 05:21 PM
i have seen the new commy and the new statesman.

dont mind the SS, cant say too much. they are being very secretive about it at the moment.

instant sacking if caught with a camera fone or any type of photo taking device (even wihout fotos of the new cars)!!!

bill142
6th April 2006, 10:28 PM
This is probably just the start of the drip feed till its release in the latter part of the year.

DirtyHarry
6th April 2006, 10:28 PM
unless holden is going to introduce some kind of a super fuel efficient vehicle then i cant see it being such a big deal and big seller

Alfonzo
6th April 2006, 11:02 PM
Isn't it supposed to sport that new DoD "Displacement on Demand" system in the new 6.0L V8? I think that's pretty exciting :)

CJB
6th April 2006, 11:47 PM
Maybe all the hype is over the fact that it's one of the last GENUINE Holden vehicles being sold on the market? :p

or maybe it's a Daewoo :eek: They talk global significance... well... hahaha :p

Red AH SRI T
7th April 2006, 07:29 AM
*bitch slaps crispy*

The commonwhore will never be a Daewoo!

*thinks the word "Daewoo" should be moderated and appear as ****** like all other swear words*

Wraith
7th April 2006, 09:37 AM
As far as looks are concerned, it's a knock off from the TT Torana concept car from what I know.

Holden got such a positive feed back from that prototype, that all of a sudden they decided to rebadge it as a commodore................however it'll miss alot of the groovy styling of the Torana concept car.

Damn, I was looking forward to a new revamped Torana (my first 2 cars were Torana's), would've bought one of those straight away - hopefully Holden have a new coupe planned to take the place of the discontinued Monaro - a hot looking Torana would be nice...

Red AH SRI T
7th April 2006, 09:43 AM
the reason Holden did the toran concept was to preview to people how the commodore would look, the styling was locked in ages ago. So they didn't suddenly change any styling of it because of the Torana. I went out and bout the SMH and have already read the article that won't be posted until midday on their website, not much new news really, although the pics are good, espeecially of the wagon!

Red AH SRI T
7th April 2006, 10:02 AM
http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=11333&vf=2&bg=32&pp=0

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/images/7ve-ss-sedan.jpg
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/images/7ss-ute-ve.jpg
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/images/7ve-statesman.jpg
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/images/7ve-sedan.jpg
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/images/7ve-wagon.jpg

Source: www.drive.com.au

CJB
7th April 2006, 10:19 AM
To me, it kinda looks like the Falcon ... and forgive me, but I do see Daewoo styling in there???? :eek:

Red AH SRI T
7th April 2006, 10:22 AM
you tell me where any of that styling looks Daewoo-ish and i will lick my own a$$

CJB
7th April 2006, 10:28 AM
There's something about the grille and headlights that seems.. Daewoo .. and Ford Falcon like.

Hmmm... so lick your own a$$ anyways :D

Red AH SRI T
7th April 2006, 10:33 AM
DAEWOO GRILLE:

http://www.irancar.com/images/Gallery-larg-1024-768/Daewoo/daewoo_nubira_2003_01_m.jpg

How does that look like this grille?

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/images/7ve-ss-sedan.jpg

your on drugs!!!

bill142
7th April 2006, 11:55 AM
Its the angle of the top edge lights and the way the sloped down and taper into the grille that make it look daewoo, not the grille itself.

CJB
7th April 2006, 11:56 AM
Its the angle of the top edge lights and the way the sloped down and taper into the grille that make it look daewoo, not the grille itself.
YES - thank you :D

I couldn't find the right way to describe it... but you did it!!! :)

maloo97
7th April 2006, 11:59 AM
looks like a ts astra with a kit in a way ?

The front i mean.

entice
7th April 2006, 12:20 PM
i agree with Maloo..

very Astra G

rusole21
7th April 2006, 12:25 PM
definite rip from falcon which is a total rip from holden so could say holden satyed true by following ford. thats a puzzle. also looks a bit 380ish. the way the back angles down.

is it seriously fwd sss-hoon?

maloo97
7th April 2006, 12:46 PM
Any rear pics??

rjastra
7th April 2006, 01:38 PM
You guys crap on!! :P LOL

If you hadn't noticed they are artist impressions. Probably cobbled together from styling features of other GM cars and inside sources. No wonder you can see styling elements from other cars!!

Another point.. The current Viva (aka lacetti) was not styled inhouse. I think it was pinafarina. So it can't be thought of as a totally Daewoo design anyway. The grill you see on the new Barina was styled by Simcoe afaik. Who was at Holden. No wonder you see similarities!!

Alfonzo
7th April 2006, 01:55 PM
you tell me where any of that styling looks Daewoo-ish and i will lick my own a$$I think he's relating it to the TK Barina?

As for those artists impressions, they're very disappointing. I was prepared for more of a Torana Concept styled Vectra look front end, with the squarish headlights. They look very BA Falcon at the moment...

ROCCO
7th April 2006, 02:13 PM
I was just going to say that too...the front end looks like a TS astra...no originality once again from holden...

SSS_Hoon
7th April 2006, 03:03 PM
i dont like it, looks too much like the falcon, and the side lines look daewoooooo like and the grille i get it but not really, looks more lexus grille or lack there of anyway.

as for being fwd no they aint well i dont think that they are, but there will be one soon though, they were thinking about it after the VT but decided against it as us aussies love our rwd cars.

SSS_Hoon

rusole21
7th April 2006, 03:45 PM
us aussies love our rwd cars.

SSS_Hoon[/quote]
here here

Red AH SRI T
7th April 2006, 04:06 PM
i dont think the commonwhore will ever be FWD

I think the car will look a hell of a lot better in the flesh, i agree that these impressions are pretty sh!t

oneightoo
7th April 2006, 04:48 PM
why would the commodore be made fwd? when they are gonna put a 6 litre v8 in it?? you'd tear the front end off!!..

did you really expect any less than it too look like the falcon a little?? remember the falcon model before the BA?? flop! then the BA comes out and BAMM everyone loves them, i never liked a ford before in my life till the BA came out.. it's only logical for holden to alter their design completley as ford did..

MatsHolden
7th April 2006, 04:54 PM
I was at a design conference in Melbourne the other day and a Holden designer said they will never go to front wheel drive, it's their edge over the local rivals to Commodore from Toyota and Mitsubishi who struggle to tap into the large car market in Australia because of the FWD. Australian's love rear wheel drive and Holden's export customers such as the middle-east love big rear wheel drive vehicles. Also, GMH Chairman, Denny Mooney, says that "our new rear-wheel-drive architecture is the main candidate for future American rear-wheel-drive products".

On the styling side of things, lets just wait until the car is officially released by GMH before getting to carried away with the comments. As someone said earlier, they are digital represenations of what someone (not from GMH) believes it will look like.

In terms of it looking like a Falcon, maybe the headlight's look Falconish but again we'll have to wait until the REAL car is released. It's nothing new that designers take styling cues from other cars, as designers do move around companies a fair bit. Anyone notice the Toyota Aurion released at the Melbourne Motor Show this year looked somewhat like a BA Falcon? No surprise, considering the designer that headed up the styling team on the Aurion project worked on BA Falcon.

bill142
7th April 2006, 10:10 PM
Holden has been designated the lead rear wheel drive development centre. Why on earth would they go a build a front wheel drive. I would imagine the architecture is such that AWD can be accomodated with relative ease unlike on the out going model where it was adapted with sacrefices being made.

sammykkwok
7th April 2006, 11:29 PM
I think the commodore is going to ROCK!!!! The head job may look a bit like a ford BA falcon, the side may look a bit like the Ford focus, or the overall look like a Deawoo.. So what??? It is still the new Commodore!!! And it looks handsome!!!!

Rear wheel drive will always be there for the Commodore, it is one of the original characteristic of the Commodore... I'm sure whoever driven a Commodore before, you will remember the rear wheel burn out and the excitment you get out of it. Its the main feature of the car and it will always be there!!!!

I'm pretty confident that it will be a TRUE FRAGSHIP of all Commodore!!!!!

Sammy

oneightoo
8th April 2006, 12:33 PM
yeah my vn loved burning rubber, however my brothers old vt didnt like spinning at all..

MatsHolden
8th April 2006, 01:38 PM
yeah my vn loved burning rubber, however my brothers old vt didnt like spinning at all..

VT is heavier, therefore harder to get spinning.

Red AH SRI T
8th April 2006, 01:51 PM
VT is heavier, therefore harder to get spinning.

try harder, son

EL BURITO
8th April 2006, 02:49 PM
I have been thinking about it and i dont know even with a new model can

the commodore recoup its sales numbers witch have slowly been declining

over the past years due to the high price of fuel and seeing how this is

not going to change. I am not saying they will not sell but i am saying

thaT the idea that a car that is going to use more fuel than is predosesor i

is going to suddenly jump up in sales. well u get were i am going

oneightoo
8th April 2006, 02:55 PM
i get where ur going..

but..

it'll still sell if it looks good..

EL BURITO
8th April 2006, 03:02 PM
Wat is the commparrision in relation to commodore sales Vs Astra

oneightoo
8th April 2006, 03:04 PM
that is probably a question our good friend blackie can answer..

entice
8th April 2006, 04:05 PM
people who genuinely want a performance car, will buy a performance car, and to hell with fuel prices...
you still have to pay for fuel and so what if it costs an extra $800 a year to run, esp if you get what u want.

Now, simalrly, those that want a big car and loads of power/torque..eg a 6L V8, will still buy it, regardless of the fuel cost.

Holden made the mistake of p15sy cars and p15sy engines in the fuel scare of teh early 80's..and lost big on sales...

do u think they would not have learnt?

Sure, alternative fuel cells are important, but nothing is the same as fossil stuff atm, not until the hybrids develop further...
and diesel? well it's at best an interim measure...

maloo97
8th April 2006, 06:19 PM
I know one is computer an one is a real picture though .......

mr_sikma
8th April 2006, 09:01 PM

180HOA
9th April 2006, 11:48 AM
I have been thinking about it and i dont know even with a new model can

the commodore recoup its sales numbers witch have slowly been declining

over the past years due to the high price of fuel and seeing how this is

not going to change. I am not saying they will not sell but i am saying

thaT the idea that a car that is going to use more fuel than is predosesor i

is going to suddenly jump up in sales. well u get were i am going

I agree... The large car market has been dying since the mid-90's. But for now, there's still enough volume to make it worthwhile, so Holden are sticking to what they know and are going to milk everything they can out of it. Which is all well and good in the short term, but it may leave them up sh1t creek without a paddle if they don't make some effort to produce more efficient cars. But, I suspect Denny Mooney doesn't give a crap about that because by that stage Holden will be a speck in his rear view mirror and it'll be someone else's problem...

Red AH SRI T
9th April 2006, 06:09 PM
that is probably a question our good friend blackie can answer..

Well i can tell you Holden sells aprox 2000 Astra's a month, compared to anywhere between 4500 - 8000 commodores a month

oneightoo
9th April 2006, 06:38 PM
wow thats a lot.. i wasnt expecting figures that large..

MatsHolden
9th April 2006, 07:25 PM
I agree... The large car market has been dying since the mid-90's. But for now, there's still enough volume to make it worthwhile, so Holden are sticking to what they know and are going to milk everything they can out of it. Which is all well and good in the short term, but it may leave them up sh1t creek without a paddle if they don't make some effort to produce more efficient cars. But, I suspect Denny Mooney doesn't give a crap about that because by that stage Holden will be a speck in his rear view mirror and it'll be someone else's problem...

You can gaurantee that General Motors Holden have got something in the pipeline in terms of producing a more efficient car.

MK
9th April 2006, 07:57 PM
Blackie, out of the 8000 Kommies sold, how many are company\lease purchases?

EL BURITO
9th April 2006, 11:09 PM

thats wat i was thinkin see how 80% of WA's Police force are em and the Premiers cars and Court workers get commies to

mr_sikma
10th April 2006, 12:23 AM

Red AH SRI T
10th April 2006, 07:35 AM

the large majority of them all, not sure on exact percentage

oneightoo
10th April 2006, 06:48 PM
doesnt matter anyway, a sale is a sale..

bill142
10th April 2006, 06:53 PM
doesnt matter anyway, a sale is a sale..

The retail customer will be more profitable. But the fleet buyers are too large to ignore.

Shaun
10th April 2006, 07:11 PM
The SS in those pics has a some lines that remind me of a Mazda 6. The wagon looks like a Vectra Rear end. The ute i dont like. but they are impressions so i will hold my judgement until the real pictures are released . My only question is : Holden where is the Turbo V6 to compete with the Ford XR6 Turbo. the article with the impressions says they need something more then a special sauce . im wondering if the the SV6 will become the SV6 Turbo. Holden have to do something to be go up against the XR6 Turbo. Sorry to say this but the Current SV6 just dont cut it.

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 07:37 PM
The SS in those pics has a some lines that remind me of a Mazda 6. The wagon looks like a Vectra Rear end. The ute i dont like. but they are impressions so i will hold my judgement until the real pictures are released . My only question is : Holden where is the Turbo V6 to compete with the Ford XR6 Turbo. the article with the impressions says they need something more then a special sauce . im wondering if the the SV6 will become the SV6 Turbo. Holden have to do something to be go up against the XR6 Turbo. Sorry to say this but the Current SV6 just dont cut it.

Wagon's been dropped. As for turbo, well, wait and see...;)

Shaun
10th April 2006, 07:49 PM
Wagon's been dropped. As for turbo, well, wait and see...;)

I cant see Holden Dropping the Wagon. Yes it may not account for huge sales but its still a part of there market share.

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 07:53 PM
I cant see Holden Dropping the Wagon. Yes it may not account for huge sales but its still a part of there market share.

I heard it from a reliable source. It was always doubtful whether they would keep the wagon as Holden made the wagon for Telstra but now Telstra has dropped Holden as their supplier of vehicles there is no point going ahead with it.

Shaun
10th April 2006, 08:36 PM
This is the 1st No Opel sourced body in 26 years. Its a completely New Design and i think its a HUGE Step forward for Holden. This may be the car that Will become the 1st real International car from Australia. ( Yes May be badged under the other GM Brands) This car could make be sold as a Vauxhall Opel Daewoo Chev . Its the right direction for Holden .

As for a more European feel about it i think Holden moved toward thats idea when the VY was released. The centre console of the VY / VZ has the same sort of lay out as the Astra G. The Commodore and Falcon need to be more refined and Both Manfacturers are doing so.

I never liked any ford until the BA was released. After driving my Cousins FPV Tornado F6 ute i am able to say that i would consider buying a FPV Typhoon F6 if i was looking for a car in that class.

(Like wise with a XR6 Turbo)

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 08:40 PM
This is the 1st No Opel sourced body in 26 years. Its a completely New Design and i think its a HUGE Step forward for Holden. This may be the car that Will become the 1st real International car from Australia. ( Yes May be badged under the other GM Brands) This car could make be sold as a Vauxhall Opel Daewoo Chev . Its the right direction for Holden .

Yep, I agree.

MK
10th April 2006, 08:44 PM
So Holden had decided to stop production of wagon? i heard the one tonner, crewman and the adventra are finished as well. true?

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 08:55 PM
Yes, true, as Adventra is based on the wagon and Holden have dropped the one-tonner which also means goodbye Crewman. But that won't be the end of AWD, as the new platform has been designed/engineered to accomodate AWD whereas the current platform was never designed for AWD, just made to adapt to it in a rather crude manner. So we can expect much improved, refined AWD systems.

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:12 PM
I thought they dropped the Adventra because the sales were poor.

No one wanted a 4WD car wagon... :confused:

and I think the Crewman was just a let down, the back is way too cramped. It was kinda useless. Looked nice, but useless.

oneightoo
10th April 2006, 09:17 PM
it was almost a good idea the crewman.. if you want a family car with space you get a wagon these days..

EL BURITO
10th April 2006, 09:20 PM
i thought the crew man was rather practical and as for being cramped in the back did u think about rear passanger confort wen u brought your current car, I dout it.

As for the adventra i think it was a waste of time really if u wanted a off roader buy a real one

oneightoo
10th April 2006, 09:23 PM
if your not thinking of rear passengers wouldnt you have bought a ute?

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 09:24 PM
i thought the crew man was rather practical and as for being cramped in the back did u think about rear passanger confort wen u brought your current car, I dout it.

As for the adventra i think it was a waste of time really if u wanted a off roader buy a real one

With the Adventra, Holden were working on the fact that people who like to do a bit of light four wheel driving occasioanlly, use their cars as everyday drivers, so thought of creating a car that can do moderate off road work, but still be like a normal car to drive on the road, not being overly big.

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:25 PM
EXACTLY Matchu!!! :)

and yeah, the current car I have now does ok with rear passengers, but how many 19 year olds do you see running around in Crewman's?

Not many.

EL BURITO
10th April 2006, 09:27 PM
if your not thinking of rear passengers wouldnt you have bought a ute?

It was the corsa or a 2.4Lt rodao 4x2 tray

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 09:27 PM
Lol. Crispy, Good point, mostly because we don't have a spare $35000 odd to spend on one lol.

EL BURITO
10th April 2006, 09:29 PM
With the Adventra, Holden were working on the fact that people who like to do a bit of light four wheel driving occasioanlly, use their cars as everyday drivers, so thought of creating a car that can do moderate off road work, but still be like a normal car to drive on the road, not being overly big.

Mum drives a Cruze mate.

oneightoo
10th April 2006, 09:29 PM
eh? werent you talking about the crewman?? if you didnt care for rear passengers but still wanted a tray, you'd get a ute..

EL BURITO
10th April 2006, 09:33 PM
i dont care about rear passenger comfort cos i am not a rear passager. And yes I did consider getting a 2 door Ute the crew man cam out after i got the corsa and were am i going to find a spare 35K i am 20

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:34 PM
hahaha again Matchu! Still making your point!!!

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 09:35 PM
Mum drives a Cruze mate.

Haha. Mate the Cruze isn't really in the same league as the Adventra. The Adventra has a lot more off road capabilities than the Cruze (Suzuki Ignis)

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:35 PM
Lol. Crispy, Good point, mostly because we don't have a spare $35000 odd to spend on one lol.

well.... hahaha...

yeah - not too many of us young ones have that opportunity, and if we do, we go after WRX's, or some Skyline's, Supra's etc

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:36 PM
There's a hot chick at McDonalds Yamanto that drives a Cruze... *drools*

just a random comment :)

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 09:37 PM
There's a hot chick at McDonalds Yamanto that drives a Cruze... *drools*

just a random comment :)

I'm assuming you are drooling over the hot chick, not the Cruze!? lol

EL BURITO
10th April 2006, 09:40 PM
I have done some mad things in that car some of witch i would not do now, I is great for the beach and handals sand dunes resnoble well and have a fare amount of pulling power for a car with only a 1.5

oneightoo
10th April 2006, 09:40 PM
i dont care about rear passenger comfort cos i am not a rear passager. And yes I did consider getting a 2 door Ute the crew man cam out after i got the corsa and were am i going to find a spare 35K i am 20
is there a rule on buying a brand new one?? get a 2nd hand one..

oneightoo
10th April 2006, 09:41 PM
the cruze is crap.. one of my ex's drives one and i swear i felt like it would tip over at any time.. not the sort of 4wd you wanna take 4wd'in.. and it doesnt even look cool..

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 09:41 PM
Anyway guys, we're getting slightly off topic, probably should leave it for VE Commodore comments now. lol

oneightoo
10th April 2006, 09:44 PM
lol..

they could at least have started the model id with a different letter.. they are now just going back the all the V(x) they havent already used..

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:44 PM
haha, yes drooling over her... in fact, was talking to her the other week... so she gets an invite to my Birthday party...

extremely off topic... but meh.

speaking of holden dropping cars, I only noticed last year that the Jackaroo was GONE! :eek:

MatsHolden
10th April 2006, 09:48 PM
Yeh, they havn't been around for a while, my old man used to have one bout 5 years ago, now that was a fun car to take off road! :D

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:50 PM
Take this all to the bored thread :p

I laughed a while ago cos when the Cruze came out it was like $25K plus on roads I think... and now last year it was a run out of $16,990 hahahaha.

CJB
10th April 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeh, they havn't been around for a while, my old man used to have one bout 5 years ago, now that was a fun car to take off road! :D

I tell ya whats another good 4WD, the Prado...

They have some guts. And once Mum stopped screaming at me that it would tip :p they handle good too.

180HOA
12th April 2006, 06:47 PM
I tell ya whats another good 4WD, the Prado...

They have some guts. And once Mum stopped screaming at me that it would tip :p they handle good too.

But Wheels Mag did an active safety test where the Prado was outhandled by the Hiace van... "...the result is more likely to end in tragedy in this vehicle than in any other passenger vehicle we tested...".

CJB
12th April 2006, 10:14 PM
:eek: ... oh well, it's not my car :rolleyes:

it tows a float well...

and I used it to drag a commodore from the lights the other

Red AH SRI T
13th April 2006, 09:00 AM
LOOK LOOK LOOK!

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/2071203a.jpg

Thanks to Aych Es Vee from www.gminsidenews.com

DAMN! look how pumped those front wheel arches are!!

CJB
13th April 2006, 11:29 AM
Kinda looks like the model out now... :confused:

rusole21
13th April 2006, 12:07 PM
exactly the same rear spoiler as the f6 tyfoon.
i love that pic. those front wheel gaurds look hot! nice wheels to.
the door handles look very subaru style.

Red AH SRI T
13th April 2006, 12:17 PM
i dont think it would be EXACTLY the same rear spoiler

however it is very SIMILAR

MatsHolden
13th April 2006, 01:27 PM
LED brake light mounted behind rear window, not spoiler mounted. Interesting.
I'm liking the front gaurds. Antenna mounted above rear window, finally got away from the old school antenna in the front left gaurd. And i'm pretty sure I see quad exhaust outlets!!!

bill142
13th April 2006, 01:35 PM
Kinda looks like the model out now... :confused:

Thats what they want you to think, hence all the disguising.

Although you can tell from the door handles that it is not a VZ.

180HOA
13th April 2006, 05:02 PM
Meh...

Does anyone else think it just looks like another big, boring barge?

I hope the final product looks more interesting than all the pics/impressions/etc floating about now, cos to be honest, it doesn't excite me at all... It would've looked reasonably fresh a few years ago, but I honestly think it'll date rather quickly.

Red AH SRI T
15th April 2006, 10:30 AM
Just spoke to our DP

Cars will be in Showrooms JULY and puplic release (on sale date) will be in August.

WOOT WOOT! :D

Red AH SRI T
18th April 2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks to HSV,_I_GOT_ONE from www.ls1.com.au who posted these pics!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/guerrillaHSV/F1000017.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/guerrillaHSV/F1000016.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/guerrillaHSV/F1000015.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/guerrillaHSV/F1000014.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/guerrillaHSV/F1000013.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/guerrillaHSV/F1000012.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/guerrillaHSV/F1000011.jpg

The black car is a statesman/caprice, the blue one a Commodore.

First gilimpse of the interior too!

oneightoo
18th April 2006, 04:58 PM
who i like..

i hope they bring them out in the colour too.. love the checkered look lol :p

MatsHolden
18th April 2006, 05:30 PM
Gee they look pretty inconspicuous! Did they really think chequers and car bra's were going to deter people's attention? haha

Alfonzo
19th April 2006, 11:28 PM
Man I'd love to work in R&D, and get behind the wheel of something like that...

At the NURBURGRING!!! :D:D:D

cyclonic
23rd April 2006, 08:13 PM
Don't be surprised if a lot of the model consolidation was due to pressure from HQ in Detroit.

GM is bleeding money right now and are looking to save $$$ in every area. Therefore, slow selling models will go, and the Commodore will have to sell well or it WILL disappear at some point.

Don't be surprised that a lot of the middle/small car content goes entirely Korean as well - Holden are already starting to lose money on the current Astra and this current model may well be the last Euro car we'll get.

To be blunt, the next Astra may well be a re-badged Chevrolet/Daewoo Lacetti, unless GM gives GMDAT licence to make the Astra design in Korea (a much better option and it might teach the Korean's a thing or two as well).

Nasty future in-sight huh?

MatsHolden
23rd April 2006, 08:49 PM
Well GMDAT's already been given responsibility of developing the Gamma platform, which the Opel Corsa (Holden Barina) is based on, and post 2010 Corsa's could be being made in Korea, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Astra follows suit.

CJB
24th April 2006, 01:50 AM
I also notice the Viva is now done in an "EQUIPE" version... LMAO.

If the current astra isnt selling well enough, then why are HSV involved?

and would they get rid of the commodore altogether? or just bring in a car from overseas and rebadge it as a commodore?

MatsHolden
24th April 2006, 08:03 AM
I also notice the Viva is now done in an "EQUIPE" version... LMAO.

If the current astra isnt selling well enough, then why are HSV involved?

and would they get rid of the commodore altogether? or just bring in a car from overseas and rebadge it as a commodore?

Good point about the Astra.

Bringing in an oversea model and rebadging it as a Commodore is an option, but then it wouldn't really be a Commodore would it. Next Monaro will likely be based on the Chev Comaro. But we'll see.

oneightoo
24th April 2006, 08:08 AM
i guess it all depends how the VE goes.. if it's a hit, no way would they get rid of it, if it's not, well, who knows..

Red AH SRI T
24th April 2006, 05:07 PM
Good point about the Astra.

Bringing in an oversea model and rebadging it as a Commodore is an option, but then it wouldn't really be a Commodore would it. Next Monaro will likely be based on the Chev Comaro. But we'll see.

the chev comaro its self being based on the VE commonwhore

Red AH SRI T
24th April 2006, 05:42 PM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1341.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1342.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1343.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1345.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1350.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1405.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1406.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1407.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1408.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1409.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1410.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1411.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1412.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1413.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1414.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1415.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1416.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1418.jpg

Thanks to KORRUPT from www.ls1.com.au

Red AH SRI T
24th April 2006, 05:43 PM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1419.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1420.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1421.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1422.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1423.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1424.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1425.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlwilson/ve/22-04-06_1426.jpg

MatsHolden
24th April 2006, 06:16 PM
the chev comaro its self being based on the VE commonwhore

Yeh, I meant based on the Camaro design rather than platform, used the wrong word haha.

CJB
24th April 2006, 06:38 PM
Looks good - the car.

MatsHolden
24th April 2006, 07:05 PM
Yeh it does look good, like the front gaurds. Build quality seems good, no ugly rubber seals around glass as on current Commodore and C pillar is now one piece with rear quarter panel as on the Monaro, seems like it's going to be one refined vehicle.:D

Red AH SRI T
4th May 2006, 07:25 AM
Another pic, this time caught by THE DAILY TELEGRAPH, in todays paper

here is a link

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,19015215-5001022,00.html

Shaun
4th May 2006, 07:30 AM
Alot of European styling in it..

01CDsedan
4th May 2006, 09:21 AM
Yeah, looks basically like a big Opel, doesn't it? If Holden gets the quality sorted and fuel doesn't top $2 a litre, then it will be VE SS for me in a couple of years.

Nem
4th May 2006, 02:52 PM
There's something on carsguide today too...

VE Commodore caught on camera

http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5148567,00.jpg

04 May 2006

Paul Gover

The countdown to the VE Commodore has just shifted into top gear. The upcoming Holden hero car has broken free from the company's Lang Lang proving ground for real-world tests.

The cars involved in the trials are genuine production models built on the line at GM Holden's factory outside Adelaide. This car was caught last week on Melbourne's Westgate Freeway, running with a light disguise.

They provide the best look yet at the shape and style of the VE Commodore, and some tantalising details - including 17-inch alloy wheels, bigger brakes, twin-lens headlamps and some sort of scoop on the front mudguards. The most intriguing feature is the huge twin-pipe exhaust system, which points to something special in the engine room, particularly as Holden insiders tell us not to assume the scoop car is the next SS with a V8.

"When I first saw the car I thought it was something special. Then I realised it was the new Commodore. As soon as the driver saw me taking pictures he got off the road," photographer David Caird says.

The VE has hit the road as the GM Holden development team ramps up its testing program. It has moved on from basic engineering trials to the real-world certification, endurance and proof-of-program work needed to ensure the VE is right for showrooms. Cars are likely to be spotted more frequently in and around Melbourne in coming weeks and months, with one report of a disguised test car in Carlton in the past week.

"Yes, we are testing cars. We have been for some time," spokesman for GM Holden, Jason Laird, says. "They are advanced prototypes. They have come down the production line in Adelaide. They are non-saleable cars."

Laird says he can't comment on the details of the on-road development program for the VE and admits the on-sale date for the VE has been set, but will not discuss it or rumours it might be earlier than the September forecast.

"We'll tell you the launch dates when we are ready. They are obviously extremely commercially sensitive," he says. The pictures confirm the car is much more angular than the current Commodore, which has roots in the VT.

But the rear-on view shows a surprisingly rounded roofline and guards that are significantly flared out over the wheels.

The rear spoiler is also a significant change from the current car and sits on a taller boot which is cut right down to the bumper.

Finally, the car picks up a fixed roof-mounted aerial - set well back for smooth airflow and low-wind noise - in place of the electric wind-up aerial in the front-left mudguard.

The side-on shot shows the new-style painted doorhandles, curved rear edge of the back door and taping to create a fake extra window in the C-pillar. It's easy to speculate on details of the the engine. Holden is committed to the global V6 built at Fishermans Bend and turbocharged versions for Saab and Alfa Romeo could point to a new-age performance six in the VE.

Red AH SRI T
4th May 2006, 06:06 PM
go here, and click on MORE VE PHOTOS

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,19014756-21822,00.html

Red AH SRI T
4th May 2006, 06:10 PM
or simply look at the pics here!!!

http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5148565,00.jpg
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5148568,00.jpg
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5148569,00.jpg

from news.com.au

CJB
4th May 2006, 06:59 PM
You are a true salesman Blackie ;)

mmm, looks nice.

oneightoo
4th May 2006, 08:54 PM
this should be the next commo

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6831/orly9977fq.jpg

ultim8DTM5
4th May 2006, 10:02 PM
O rly???????

Shaun
6th May 2006, 01:18 AM
Like every new commodore Model since the VT i have not liked them at 1st glance. But then the grow on you. I think that the VE will be popular and even more so if Holden get it right. To me the call looks like its got very much a Euro feel about if from the shots so far.

Remember this is the 1st model in the Commodores History that it hasnt been based on an Opel Body. I think from what i have seen in the shots so fair this car could be seen in Europe if there is a need for a Bigger car. And im going to be interested to see how the next Generation HSV will look. I think it could be the car to make the Holden Commodore a House hold car around the world.

Only time will tell.

EL BURITO
6th May 2006, 04:05 AM
i am really thinking if they make a gas model from the factory with decent performance they may sell a few. but the body is looking nice i am thinking it along the lines likes a BMW/ honda accord body shape

MatsHolden
6th May 2006, 11:42 AM
Yes, there is a hint of BMW styling, particularly in the sideskirt coming into the front of the rear gaurd and in the cut of the rear door. There is whispers of a Turbo Alloytec V6 and further down the track a Twin Turbo Alloytec V6.
http://news.bmwzine.com/news/images/2005/5series_0004.jpg

MatsHolden
6th May 2006, 07:04 PM
Just did a quick version of a VE Coupe. Shortened the boot, removed rear spoiler, extended front doors and a few other subtle touch ups.

Before
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5148569,00.jpg

After
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/VECoupe.jpg

EL BURITO
6th May 2006, 07:46 PM
looks good matt

MatsHolden
9th May 2006, 06:22 PM
Saw a VE mule today on St. Kilda Road. Didn't have a camera on me unfortunately, was a bright blue. Exhaust outlet on each side at the rear and wasn't a V8, definately V6, couldn't hear a turbo but I was behind it when it accelerated so could only hear exhaust note, and it sounded awesome.

Red AH SRI T
22nd May 2006, 03:16 PM
These were just posted on http://www.ls1.com.au from member Hatzi

he just caugght this car on the monash freeway
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2161.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2159.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2160.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2157.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2156.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2155.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2154.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2153.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2152.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2151.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2162.JPG

Red AH SRI T
23rd May 2006, 08:45 AM
More pics!!!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3582/dsc002507vd.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/637/dsc002517cy.jpg

originally from
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au...#r454 (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...9941&p=23#r454)

tmov81
23rd May 2006, 11:01 AM
More pics!!!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3582/dsc002507vd.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/637/dsc002517cy.jpg

originally from
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au...#r454 (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...9941&p=23#r454)
they are all just decoys from holden...

some guy named Vido got his hands on one from his fully sik cuz and is selling it on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4640802636

Red AH SRI T
23rd May 2006, 02:02 PM
they are all just decoys from holden...

some guy named Vido got his hands on one from his fully sik cuz and is selling it on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4640802636

W T F ?

Red AH SRI T
23rd May 2006, 02:30 PM
more pics, taken today!!
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2173.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2172.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2171.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2170.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2169.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2167.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2166.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2165.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2164.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2163.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2174.JPG

GreyRex
23rd May 2006, 04:21 PM
Interior shots people!! When are we going to see this covetted interior?? Gotta say, every single shot, hidden as they may be, are looking pretty damn good

stevedee3
23rd May 2006, 08:18 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4640802636As featured in Pizza (http://www.sbs.com.au/pizza/)?...

bill142
23rd May 2006, 08:19 PM
Was that an RHD version??

MatsHolden
23rd May 2006, 09:23 PM
The chequered camouflaged one looks like a Left Hand Drive. Also noticed the tyres are Yokohama.

Red AH SRI T
28th May 2006, 08:43 PM
First full interior shots!!!

http://www.pearly351.com/images/temp/ve3.jpg
http://www.pearly351.com/images/temp/ve1.jpg
http://www.pearly351.com/images/temp/ve4.jpg
http://www.pearly351.com/images/temp/ve2.jpg

Looks like it could be a berlina spec car

notice the carry over indicators and wiper stalks

i hate the gear lever but the rest is pretty noice!!!

MatsHolden
28th May 2006, 08:56 PM
A bit of Opel inspired dash styling. Nice looking steering wheel. The power window buttons look very similar like those on VY-VZ.

Red AH SRI T
28th May 2006, 08:58 PM
ones on VY/Z are compltletley flat, these ones poke up

Alfonzo
28th May 2006, 09:14 PM
Ahhh and it was parked!

Perfect opportunity to whip out a swiss army and take the front and rear covers off!!

Imagine the money you could pull from a publication to hand them full flesh pictures on a silver platter...

MatsHolden
28th May 2006, 09:17 PM
Ahhh and it was parked!

Perfect opportunity to whip out a swiss army and take the front and rear covers off!!

Imagine the money you could pull from a publication to hand them full flesh pictures on a silver platter...

And if you got caught, Holden would have your arse. Any money you might make out of it would be tied up with criminal charges. lol

McMessy
28th May 2006, 10:08 PM
That auto shifter setup looks like the ol' 4L60 slushbox in current commodores - no manual gear select, no paddles, and only PRND321 as far as I can see.

Hopefully this test mule aint got the real deals' hardware, cos the 4L60 dinosaur is way overdue for replacement, and methinx Holden will lose a fair few (non-polarised) buyers who will probably get the new ford auto if it comes to that.

MatsHolden
28th May 2006, 10:15 PM
The 6's will have a 5 Speed auto and the 8's a 6 speed auto. The stick doesn't really look like that of the current Commodore.

McMessy
28th May 2006, 10:22 PM
The 6's will have a 5 Speed auto and the 8's a 6 speed auto. The stick doesn't really look like that of the current Commodore.

not the stick itself (which has definitely changed) - i meant the shift pattern

MatsHolden
28th May 2006, 10:33 PM
not the stick itself (which has definitely changed) - i meant the shift pattern

Apologies.. misunderstood you. Yeh they are only mule vehicles so there are most likely 'old' parts used.

McMessy
28th May 2006, 10:46 PM
wow. the 6 speed auto V8s should be awesome! I have no idea what the current ratio of auto to manual buyers is, but if they continue with the current clunky 6 speed manual, it'll sway further in favour of autos. My old man has a manual series 1 cv8 munro, and he's keen to get a new commondore. He's a big fan of manuals, but I reckon a 6 speed auto's gonna convert him and others.

Red AH SRI T
29th May 2006, 07:49 AM
That auto shifter setup looks like the ol' 4L60 slushbox in current commodores - no manual gear select, no paddles, and only PRND321 as far as I can see.

Hopefully this test mule aint got the real deals' hardware, cos the 4L60 dinosaur is way overdue for replacement, and methinx Holden will lose a fair few (non-polarised) buyers who will probably get the new ford auto if it comes to that.

4 speeds currently go P R N D 3 2 1
5 speeds currently go P R N D 4 3 L

So this could be either transmission, most probably the 5 speed without "Active Select"

Red AH SRI T
29th May 2006, 10:40 AM
MORE PICS PEOPLE!!!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/norbs_photos/9.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/norbs_photos/4.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/norbs_photos/3.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/norbs_photos/1.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/norbs_photos/6.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/norbs_photos/5.jpg

posted by forcedindction on www.ls1.com.au

Anyone notice the AH Astra style Windscreen wipers??

Alfonzo
29th May 2006, 02:06 PM
And if you got caught, Holden would have your arse. Any money you might make out of it would be tied up with criminal charges. lollmao, I didn't look at it from that angle.

I was just focussed on result :D

Perhaps I could put the Vodafone logo on my shirt and get them to pay for my legal fees? Worked for those streakers at the rugby...

MatsHolden
29th May 2006, 08:21 PM
lmao, I didn't look at it from that angle.

I was just focussed on result :D

Perhaps I could put the Vodafone logo on my shirt and get them to pay for my legal fees? Worked for those streakers at the rugby...

Even better than the Vodafone Logo, wack on the Holden logo, and you could say you were just trying to promotoe the brand...:p

And Blacky good pics! Loving the quad exhaust! Also just realised no visible B pillar, I like it. Dunno about the grey plastic door handles on what looks like the Executive spec.

one2have
29th May 2006, 10:00 PM
MORE PICS PEOPLE!!!

Mate, you're a champion for finding these pics!!!

THese pics look a lot better than the artist impressions. Not so worried anymore!!

JT

Red AH SRI T
30th May 2006, 08:26 AM
they more pics that come out, the more i like it :D

PaulyJ
30th May 2006, 08:40 AM
Yeah i think it'll be a success.
Its looking good so far

DirtyHarry
30th May 2006, 04:04 PM
the car might look good but whos going to drive it with current petrol prices.
i hope they bring it out with lpg as factory option. otherwise i cant see the sales increases from the current sales decline of large cars.

DirtyHarry
30th May 2006, 04:05 PM
do those side mirrors look like the same crap they have had on the commodore for years.

Red AH SRI T
30th May 2006, 04:11 PM
i dont think they are the SAME but they are SIMILAR

what makes them so crap?

DirtyHarry
30th May 2006, 05:16 PM
because the design hasnt changed for years.

MatsHolden
30th May 2006, 05:24 PM
do those side mirrors look like the same crap they have had on the commodore for years.

Similar to VY - VZ.

MatsHolden
30th May 2006, 05:25 PM
because the design hasnt changed for years.

Only about 4 years.

Alfonzo
30th May 2006, 05:27 PM
the car might look good but whos going to drive it with current petrol prices.
i hope they bring it out with lpg as factory option. otherwise i cant see the sales increases from the current sales decline of large cars.I'll be very interested in seeing petrol consumption figures on this new 6.0L V8.

Isn't it supposed to have a Hemi style "Displacement on Demand" style of thinking where it shuts down 4 cyls when not needed?

180HOA
30th May 2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah but the 300C (which has displacement on demand) is still a guzzler. It seems to be more of a marketing tool than a real advancement in efficiency.

And even half of the new V8 is still going to be 3.0 litres - but more significantly, it's lugging around almost two tonnes - so I'll be surprised if it's consumption figures are much better than the VZ V8's.

DirtyHarry
30th May 2006, 05:56 PM
yeah i think so. but seriously when would it shut them down. only on highway cruising. which people dont do much these days. in peak hour traffic, youll be stuffed.

MatsHolden
30th May 2006, 08:09 PM
Give me a 6.0L V8 anyday.

Alfonzo
30th May 2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah but the 300C (which has displacement on demand) is still a guzzler. It seems to be more of a marketing tool than a real advancement in efficiency.

And even half of the new V8 is still going to be 3.0 litres - but more significantly, it's lugging around almost two tonnes - so I'll be surprised if it's consumption figures are much better than the VZ V8's.True, a 3.0L 4cyl wouldn't be that economic. It sounds much better as a V8 which shuts off 4cyls, not as a 3.0L 4cyl! :)

As for the highway driving, well for someone in my position it may not actually be too bad. Not that I'm considering a VE (I'm actually chasing a 4cyl turbo atm), but my drive to and from consists of a 30 minute drive on a rural-ish road, minimum speed of 80kph. The only time I do 60kph 'city' driving is when I exit the M1 at the exit nearest work, then it's a 2 minute scoot over the bridge, a u-turn at the base of the hill (stupid road system), and I'm pretty much parked on campus.

So during the week I reckon the 4cyl cruising thing might not be too bad for situations like that. Well, my logic anyway :)

MatsHolden
30th May 2006, 10:49 PM
True, a 3.0L 4cyl wouldn't be that economic. It sounds much better as a V8 which shuts off 4cyls, not as a 3.0L 4cyl! :)

They're not trying to say that it's going to have typical 4 cylinder economy or compare it to 4 cylinder cars; just that it's reduced fuel consumption than if the Gen IV was running on all 8 cylinders. And they don't think DoD will be available until VE Series II.

Red AH SRI T
5th June 2006, 09:29 AM
OMG!!!

FIRST SHOTS UNCOVERED!!!

www.carpoint.com.au

http://tcimages.net/DisplayImage.aspx?PD=10072003&S=ISS

And LWB Statesman:

http://tcimages.net/DisplayImage.aspx?PD=10072004&S=ISS

GreyRex
5th June 2006, 10:11 AM
Interesting,
Obviously i can't really pass judgement without seeing them in the flesh, put i sorta hope the look will grow on me

ROCCO
5th June 2006, 12:06 PM
I just got this email from a Coroporate account amanger that works for holden...enjoy the read lads:

The correct model lineup for VE/WM is as follows:

Omega Base
Omega with Safety Pack (Active Head Restraints and Curtain Airbags)
SV6
Berlina
SS
SS V-Series
Calais
Calais V-Series
Statesman
Caprice

All models come standard with Dual-Stage Front Driver and Passenger Airbags, Side Airbags, ESP and ABS.

This has been confirmed and than cancelled many times but there is a possibility of a sports pack on the Omega.

Spec of Base SS similar to current SV8 and SS-V has spec of current SS (with upgrades introduced with SS-Z).

A price premium of a couple of thousand dollars over BF Falcon is planned.

Ute is internally confirmed for August 2007 and Wagon for early 2008. Ute mirrors Passenger car lineup with Base, SV6, SS and SS-V models. Looks very cool - tub sides slope downward from front of car to back. The wagon is much more of a 'Sports Wagon' than the current wagon, think Saab 9-3 SportCombi in terms of theme. VZ Crewman to continue until 2008 with no replacement planned

Go here to see the images: http://www.nsxhq.com/index.php?topic=1413.0

GreyRex
5th June 2006, 12:52 PM
I don't see any images. Where are they???

Red AH SRI T
5th June 2006, 01:33 PM
http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/CPVE1.jpg
http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/CPVE3.jpg
http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/CPVE8.jpg
http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DisplayImage.jpg

Red AH SRI T
5th June 2006, 01:37 PM
And the new Statesman:

http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DisplayImage1.jpg
http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/CPVE9.jpg
http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/CPVE7.jpg
http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/CPVE6.jpg
http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/CPVE5.jpg
http://phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/CPVE4.jpg

Red AH SRI T
5th June 2006, 01:58 PM
I just got this email from a Coroporate account amanger that works for holden...enjoy the read lads:

The correct model lineup for VE/WM is as follows:

Omega Base
Omega with Safety Pack (Active Head Restraints and Curtain Airbags)
SV6
Berlina
SS
SS V-Series
Calais
Calais V-Series
Statesman
Caprice

All models come standard with Dual-Stage Front Driver and Passenger Airbags, Side Airbags, ESP and ABS.

This has been confirmed and than cancelled many times but there is a possibility of a sports pack on the Omega.

Spec of Base SS similar to current SV8 and SS-V has spec of current SS (with upgrades introduced with SS-Z).

A price premium of a couple of thousand dollars over BF Falcon is planned.

Ute is internally confirmed for August 2007 and Wagon for early 2008. Ute mirrors Passenger car lineup with Base, SV6, SS and SS-V models. Looks very cool - tub sides slope downward from front of car to back. The wagon is much more of a 'Sports Wagon' than the current wagon, think Saab 9-3 SportCombi in terms of theme. VZ Crewman to continue until 2008 with no replacement planned

Go here to see the images: http://www.nsxhq.com/index.php?topic=1413.0

This information was posted by and "insider" originally on www.ls1.com.au

i doubt they will call the base model "OMEGA"

CJB
5th June 2006, 02:04 PM
Finally!!! :)

I think it looks good, I like it.

But I still the think the headlights resemble the Falcon.

Red AH SRI T
5th June 2006, 02:12 PM

or the current VZ :p

stevedee3
5th June 2006, 04:02 PM
i doubt they will call the base model "OMEGA"Weren't the old Commodores originally based on the Opel Omega?

tmov81
5th June 2006, 04:25 PM

yeah i was thinking falcon too...

Red AH SRI T
5th June 2006, 04:28 PM
Weren't the old Commodores originally based on the Opel Omega?

yes, all commodores from VB to VZ have been based on Previous Opels, such as the Rekkord, the Senator or the Omega

This being the case i doubt holden will replace the Commodore Executive with the Commodore Omega

180HOA
5th June 2006, 05:52 PM
Is it just me, or does the Statesman have an a$$ bigger than Oprah's?

MatsHolden
5th June 2006, 05:59 PM

Ford took the BA/BF headlight styling cues from the VY. lol

MatsHolden
5th June 2006, 06:03 PM
I really like both the Commodore and Statesman. Statesman's headlights look very similar to those of the TT36 Torana Concept. Notice the camouflaged Statesman is left hand drive and badged as a Cheverolet.

180HOA
5th June 2006, 06:14 PM
Ford took the BA/BF headlight styling cues from the VY. lol

I don't think they're stealing ideas from each other. IMO both the Commodore and the Falcon look nice, but boring - they stick with plain looking features because they're trying to tread water in a dying market. If they push the envelope they take a risk: It may pay off like the 300C, or it may flop like the AU Falcon. It's also just a natural part of the design process: They're both offering the same product to try and meet the needs and wants of the same people. Over time, as the designs are refined, they grow more similar - theroetically evolvoing towards the 'perfect' product.

MatsHolden
16th June 2006, 11:05 PM
More photo's of the LWB Statesman, this time up closer.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2231.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2222.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2224.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2225.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2226.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2227.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2230.JPG
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~carby67/DSCF2223.JPG

MatsHolden
16th June 2006, 11:08 PM
First view of rear suspension setup on VE Commodore.
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2006/06/14/14ve9M_m.jpg

MatsHolden
17th June 2006, 10:55 PM
More photo's of VE...
http://v8owners.com.au/forums/peters/troy/Calaisfront.jpg

Notice in the above image 3 bar grille.

http://v8owners.com.au/forums/peters/troy/convoy.jpg

The above image is interesting... VZ Wagon with dual exhaust and left hand drive. Possibly testing VE running gear. May be just a decoy to throw the media, as there are whispers that the wagon will not be produced.

http://www.photothingo.com/users/1094/20060607131251.SS%20rear.jpg

The above image shows a sports variant model. Note the twin exhaust outlets, rather than the quad outlets as seen on other mules. Suggests to me that it may be the V6... Turbo even.

http://v8owners.com.au/forums/peters/troy/SSside.jpg
The image above shows how the VE styling lends itself very well to a coupe variant.

http://v8owners.com.au/forums/peters/troy/SSfront.jpg
http://www.photothingo.com/users/1094/20060607131241.S%20front.jpg

The above two images of the white and red vehicles are interesting. Obviously they are sports variants but appear to be different vehicles. Notice the chrome bar accross the grille on the white one whereas the red one does not. Also it appears that the red vehicles suspension is lower than the white one... may just be that the white one's suspension is on the rebound after a rise or bump in the road but thought that was interesting. Sports models have aggressive styling, even with the camouflage.

Red AH SRI T
18th June 2006, 12:01 PM
the first image is of a Statesman

nice pics ;)

MatsHolden
18th June 2006, 12:04 PM
Yeh looks good the Stateo.

CJB
18th June 2006, 12:51 PM
so its next month or august they are on the showroom floor?

MatsHolden
18th June 2006, 01:13 PM
August-September

CJB
18th June 2006, 01:16 PM
any word as yet on the fate of the wagon?

MatsHolden
18th June 2006, 01:19 PM
Havn't heard anything further since I heard they had dropped it. Considering none have been seen out testing I'm thinking that is in fact true.

Another shot of the interior... lower spec model.

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2006/06/14/14ve4M_m.jpg

01CDsedan
18th June 2006, 09:10 PM
Can't wait for August so I can tear down to the dealers and decide what my next car is going to be...(and then wait a few years while I save the money...)

rjastra
19th June 2006, 12:58 AM
re white and red cars...

isn't one LHD and the other RHD?

DirtyHarry
19th June 2006, 05:02 PM
those rear interior door trims look pathetic. especially the speaker part and the hand rest

DirtyHarry
19th June 2006, 05:03 PM
and look where the window button is. near the door handle. thats silly and un-practicle, since you would have to lean in to reach them

MatsHolden
19th June 2006, 05:16 PM
re white and red cars...

isn't one LHD and the other RHD?

Nope, both RHD.

MatsHolden
19th June 2006, 05:21 PM
those rear interior door trims look pathetic. especially the speaker part and the hand rest

Keep in mind it is only a lower spec model and also these are still mules so as to how close certain aspects are to production is anyones guess.

and look where the window button is. near the door handle. thats silly and un-practicle, since you would have to lean in to reach them

You wouldn't have to lean over to reach them. You would use your arm closest to the door, and when you look at the positioning of how far away the switch is positioned relative to the seat, it isn't far at all.

rjastra
19th June 2006, 06:42 PM
Nope, both RHD.

You sure?? have a look at the wiper pattern. The parked wipers look opposite to each other.

MatsHolden
19th June 2006, 07:13 PM
Yeh the parked one is a different car, notice it has quad exhaust outlets whereas the red VE latest photo's has twin. I'll try to find the photo that shows it is RHD. But yeh does look like the wipers go opposite directions, but just may be that they are mules and not everything is 'perfect'. They may just be testing the LHD wiper assembly for fitment etc on a RHD as a test.

Red AH SRI T
20th June 2006, 08:07 AM
Can't wait til next month!!

*DRIVE DAY*

DirtyHarry
20th June 2006, 10:30 AM
you guys realise that holden is flogging a dead horse with this car. all these sneak photos are just a ploy by holden to drum up excitement for the release of the car in a market that is shifting away from fuel guzzlers. it might be a nice looking car, but unless the fuel efficiency is increased say 20% or gas being offered as a factory install without the extra cost, then this car isnt going to recoup the billions of dollars spent on it.

good luck i say, cause id hate to see the commodore name dissapear.

Red AH SRI T
20th June 2006, 10:42 AM
only $1billion spent :p

I think it will sell well, but not to the level of historic success that the VT enjoyed.

DirtyHarry
20th June 2006, 10:48 AM
well it will probably pick up sales from mitsubishi and ford, but how many sales is another question. it'll probably do well for a couple of months and then very quickly drop off.

Red AH SRI T
20th June 2006, 11:21 AM
The commodore has been number one selling car for almost 10 years, sure it aint always going to stay that way, but it aint going to drop off very quickly

MatsHolden
20th June 2006, 12:35 PM
you guys realise that holden is flogging a dead horse with this car. all these sneak photos are just a ploy by holden to drum up excitement for the release of the car

Of course it is. And it is working. But they do have to do testing on public roads, so it isn't purely for generating hype.

Red AH SRI T
24th June 2006, 10:58 AM
Interior pics!!!

http://www.excelerate.com.au/downloads/ls1/ryzz/ve_pics/18wt2.jpg
http://www.excelerate.com.au/downloads/ls1/ryzz/ve_pics/23nt.jpg
http://www.excelerate.com.au/downloads/ls1/ryzz/ve_pics/36ja.jpg
http://www.excelerate.com.au/downloads/ls1/ryzz/ve_pics/44ap.jpg
http://www.excelerate.com.au/downloads/ls1/ryzz/ve_pics/50eo1.jpg
http://www.phil.theglobecast.com/gallery/albums/VE/ve1.jpg

Woah, how many dash designs will there be???!!!!!

mr_sikma
24th June 2006, 11:48 AM
build them , seen them!

they look good (for a family car) ;)

Alfonzo
24th June 2006, 04:01 PM
VE Commodore
http://www.excelerate.com.au/downloads/ls1/ryzz/ve_pics/44ap.jpg

Vs

ZC Vectra
http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/carsales/4681427.jpg

Red AH SRI T
11th July 2006, 01:54 PM
here is the exact model names and colours and trims available

http://sk1p.customer.netspace.net.au/ve.jpg
http://sk1p.customer.netspace.net.au/vecolours.jpg
http://sk1p.customer.netspace.net.au/hsvve.jpg

thanks to deviance from www.ls1.com.au

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 01:58 PM
Hey matsHolden where did you get the VE pics? wouldn't be from justcommodores.com.au would it?

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 02:04 PM
Very interesting. Not sure about them naming the base model Omega, considering VE has nothing to do with the Opel Omega I wouldn't have thought Holden would have wanted to reference it.

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 02:05 PM
Hey matsHolden where did you get the VE pics? wouldn't be from justcommodores.com.au would it?

Nope, GMInside news.

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 02:07 PM
with hatzi written on them?

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 02:10 PM
Yep all from GM.

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 02:12 PM
ok... i spose..

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 02:15 PM
That's not to say they didn't get them off justcommodores though...

Red AH SRI T
11th July 2006, 02:33 PM
the ones with Hatzi written on them were originally posted by user Hatzi on www.ls1.com.au

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 02:53 PM
correct! most of the pictures (137) are on the ls1 forum or justcommodores.. there used to be a photobucket with 137 pictures.. but holden had them take it down a week ago or soemthing..

Red AH SRI T
11th July 2006, 03:12 PM
ahh i don't think holden had anything to do with it

i heard that Photobucket regularly takes down pics that have too many views

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 03:42 PM
We got notification from Photobucket that the photo's were pulled becuase the owner of the vehicle had not given us permission to post the pictures up.. I rekon its a load of tosh

Red AH SRI T
11th July 2006, 03:44 PM
next time u should make sure to blur all the numberplates, that way they have no right to claim its their car

oneightoo
11th July 2006, 03:44 PM
so if you have a photo of the sydney opera house on photobucket and the state government hasnt given you permission they will pull it?? i dont think so..

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 03:46 PM
so if you have a photo of the sydney opera house on photobucket and the state government hasnt given you permission they will pull it?? i dont think so..

thats what i told em.. anyway the VE is released on sunday so we couldnt be buggered uploading the pics again!

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 03:57 PM
Yeh looking forward to it, it's one nice looking car. Looks a lot better in the flesh than in photos.

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 03:58 PM
Have you seen it?

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 04:01 PM
Seen a few of the mules out and about. Saw three at once a while back! Was very exciting! lol couldn't get the words out haha

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 04:14 PM
Aha this is when they werent posted all over the net?

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 04:17 PM
Was just as the mules were starting to be spotted and photographed. Saw the three together in the city, one on St.Kilda Rd and one down Berwick way. I havn't got a camera phone so could never take any photos myself:(.

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 04:18 PM
It has some serious flared guards!
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/f2b1dbd5.jpg

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 04:33 PM
lol... doesnt the torana concept car also have that?

stevedee3
11th July 2006, 04:41 PM
here is the exact model names and colours and trims available

http://sk1p.customer.netspace.net.au/ve.jpg
Interesting, an LPG option to compete with the E-gas Falcon?

Sammeh
11th July 2006, 04:53 PM
Some information has been leaked early!

VE will come in the following models:

- Omega
- Omega Police Pack
- Commodore V Pack
- SV6
- SV6 Police Pack
- SS
- SS Police Pack
- SSV
- Berlina
- Calais
- Calais V

And will be available in the following colours:

Solid Colours
- Heron White (white)
- Redhot (mid red)
(Non-Solid Colours)
- Ignition (dark orange)
- Phantom (black)
- Provence (silver blue)
- Sandstorm (light gold)
- Red Passion (dark red)
- Vespers Blue (dark blue)
- Nickel (light silver)
- Impulse (med blue)
- Odyssey (med silver)
- Evoke (dark grey)
- Crema (dark gold)
- Morpheous (purple)

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 05:13 PM
lol... doesnt the torana concept car also have that?

Yeh that uses a lot of VE styling cues, Holden put the Torana Concept out there to gauge public reaction to it's future direction in styling.

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 05:15 PM
Some information has been leaked early!

VE will come in the following models:

- Omega
- Omega Police Pack
- Commodore V Pack
- SV6
- SV6 Police Pack
- SS
- SS Police Pack
- SSV
- Berlina
- Calais
- Calais V

And will be available in the following colours:

Solid Colours
- Heron White (white)
- Redhot (mid red)
(Non-Solid Colours)
- Ignition (dark orange)
- Phantom (black)
- Provence (silver blue)
- Sandstorm (light gold)
- Red Passion (dark red)
- Vespers Blue (dark blue)
- Nickel (light silver)
- Impulse (med blue)
- Odyssey (med silver)
- Evoke (dark grey)
- Crema (dark gold)
- Morpheous (purple)

lol read post #211, Black AH CDX beat you to it.

Red AH SRI T
11th July 2006, 05:23 PM
Interesting, an LPG option to compete with the E-gas Falcon?

LPG has been available on the VZ for some time now.

Its not a dedicated system but a dual fuel

sri guy
11th July 2006, 08:20 PM
lets see if they can make the commodore a decent refined car.
maybe this time they will get it right

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 08:33 PM
lets see if they can make the commodore a decent refined car.
maybe this time they will get it right

Don't think they were really doing anything wrong with the previous commodore considering how it sells. But yeh VE will be a better quality product than previously.

stevedee3
11th July 2006, 09:46 PM
LPG has been available on the VZ for some time now.

Its not a dedicated system but a dual fuelPlease excuse me while I crawl back under my rock...:o

Sammeh
12th July 2006, 08:47 AM
New VE Pics, Not sure if they are already up, & im not sure how to resize them either! Sorry!

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/carby67/100_2775.JPG
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/carby67/100_2774.JPG
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/carby67/100_2772.JPG
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/carby67/100_2771.JPG
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/carby67/100_2770.JPG
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/carby67/100_2767.JPG
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/carby67/100_2780.JPG

Full creds to Hatzi for the pics. If you want to see the full lot check out: http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=53327&page=233

CJB
12th July 2006, 08:49 AM
I do believe they are up - but saves having to scroll through the thousand pages of the thread to look for them :D

Cool...

Sammeh
12th July 2006, 08:54 AM
They are already up? They were released on LS1 yesterday night at 11 i think?! unless you are talking about the other lot of Hatzi pics?

CJB
12th July 2006, 08:57 AM
They are already up? They were released on LS1 yesterday night at 11 i think?! unless you are talking about the other lot of Hatzi pics?

have to ask blackie... cos the top 2 look familiar...

Sammeh
12th July 2006, 08:59 AM
I have NFI! :P

oneightoo
12th July 2006, 10:06 AM
those i havent seen on here before..

Sammeh
12th July 2006, 10:12 AM
So they are new?

oneightoo
12th July 2006, 10:12 AM
yeah i guess so :)

Sammeh
12th July 2006, 10:14 AM
YAY! :P lol

rjastra
12th July 2006, 10:35 AM
They are new pics.... but they don't reveal anything new.

Is it possible to just post a link rather than having to load alot of pics everytime the thread is opened?