PDA

View Full Version : VXR Vid

struz
5th April 2006, 11:25 AM
Guys i searched the topic but most links i got where dead. I've been searching for the video for the past week but i've had no luck, now this is my last resort.

Would anyone have a link for the Top Gear VXR video that actually works? I need too see it.. I also don't want it too big so no 300meg ones.

Thank you

John.

blueraven
5th April 2006, 03:59 PM
www.torrentspy.com
www.torrentreactor.net
www.torrentworld.com

etc...etc...

Shaun
5th April 2006, 05:53 PM
I have the file. its rather large. i can send it to you via the mail on a CD if you like?

SSS_Hoon
5th April 2006, 06:02 PM
I have the file. its rather large. i can send it to you via the mail on a CD if you like?

is that the one you were meant to give me shaun?

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
5th April 2006, 06:03 PM
this might be of interest to some
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=87998&cdate=20051105&ctime=085848

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=87998&cdate=20051105&ctime=092952

standard VXR filming and running it hard trying to keep up to the remapped version in front : )

Shaun
5th April 2006, 07:29 PM
Your Car Shane?

aussie_in_london
5th April 2006, 07:37 PM
yep

Wayne is now heavily saving for the upgrades lol
makes a huge difference as you can see for the footage

SSS_Hoon
5th April 2006, 09:38 PM
yep

Wayne is now heavily saving for the upgrades lol
makes a huge difference as you can see for the footage

ok so yours is the one in front and waynes is the one doing the filming and the chasing?

that looks impressive but could all be setup too look like that also, the car behind could be just drivng slow too make you look faster :lol:

got one of you side by side and taking off with dash in view?

if his is stock it seems slow, i mean it is a video but being in the passenger seat og the GTi when the gf is driving seems faster then that vid did, but it is most likly the fact that is a 3" square video and not the real thing(or the fact that my gf is a real lead foot :lol: )

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
5th April 2006, 10:57 PM
always the optomistic lol

i dont think we would waste our time setting it up, what for in all honesty, i dont think he would wont his VXR to look inferior and slow to another, would you lol
was on a trip up to Silverstone for 888 engineering's open day and Wayne chucked his camera up on the dash, might appear slow due to it being an mpeg but the cars we passed sitting in the left lane were travelling in the region of 80mph and the camera shot passed them at a quick pass,

now lets not keep comparing your g/f GTi to a VXR in outright speed and performance, Top Gear proved the thrashing it got along time ago by a pre production model but thats a different thread ; )

Shaun
6th April 2006, 01:12 AM
I cant wait to go for a run in your car Shane. just under two months to go.

Shaun
6th April 2006, 01:15 AM
always the optomistic lol

i dont think we would waste our time setting it up, what for in all honesty, i dont think he would wont his VXR to look inferior and slow to another, would you lol
was on a trip up to Silverstone for 888 engineering's open day and Wayne chucked his camera up on the dash, might appear slow due to it being an mpeg but the cars we passed sitting in the left lane were travelling in the region of 80mph and the camera shot passed them at a quick pass,

now lets not keep comparing your g/f GTi to a VXR in outright speed and performance, Top Gear proved the thrashing it got along time ago by a pre production model but thats a different thread ; )

I dont see how its slow. They sound Nice in stock trim.
And i think the GTi days of a Hot Hatch have been superseeded by the VXR and even the Focus XR5 Turbo. They both cream it on on power and looks.

SSS_Hoon
6th April 2006, 04:40 AM
yeah i said it could be due to the video, 80mph damm they looked as if they were standing still, i wasnt baggin it out in anyway at all, i was impressed by it, you seemed to just get up and go and leave him behind, i didnt think that the mods you had would make such a big difference over stock is all.

it did sound ok but the rain made it sound different, you got and vids of the sound of the stock and yours without rain?

i was only comparing it to my GF GTi as there is no other close comparsin(sp) that i have been in unless you want to compare it to my dads R32 GTR's but that would be really unfair seeins as they would do 11sec quarters :lol:

Shaun the GTi i dont think was ever at the top of the hot hatch in performance wise more drivability as Top gear and evo said the VXR is qwiker but would still prefer to own the GTi.

But as for being superceded by the VXR and the XR5 i dont think so, maybe the XR5 in performace and looks but not the VXR(not looks anyway) personal preference there.

only 2 months shaun, then how long till i can go for a ride in yours?

i will say the more i read about it and see about the VXR the more i like it, its gettin into to my top 5 and soon my top 3 but will never be number 1 :lol:

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
6th April 2006, 08:48 AM
im only winding u up mate lol

like i say dont make any comparison to any previous tests carried out on the VXR
Top Gear ran a VXR sitting on an SRi chassie and suspension set up, the handling was absolutly crap plus different performance map and it still ate the GTi both straight line and quicker lap time lol (first pre production to hit UK shores)
Evo had a pre prod model running a different performance and steering map to production our VXR's which have tweaked, the suspension was ids+ and not the Lotus passive many of us currently have developed for UK roads, ids+ is great for smooth track like environments, throw in some bumps corrigation and cambers and it bounces around the road, awful bit of equipment imho

now my VXR in comparison to the standard, im running almost 60 bhp and a nice increase in torque over the standard, really makes a difference especially the torque while on the go : ) all that for £1600

everyone is entitled to their own opinions, mine on the GTi, i found it a boring drive when comparing to the VXR and not a great deal of difference in external looks to the base line poverty pack (could have sorted the bumper and skirting like the R32 and painted them) nice car though but just not exciting once been behing the wheel of the VXR, havent yet driven the ST but sat in one, looks, once again you have to look closely to distinguish between the lower models and is quiet bland, many that have driven both thee GTi and ST have stated both feel very similiar and not very involving, very easy to drive fast.

rusole21
6th April 2006, 02:48 PM
those vids where good man. your car left him for dead. stop comparing your gti to the vxr. get over it. both cars are sweet and i wish i could have either of them. preferably the vxr in blue. haha.

SSS_Hoon
6th April 2006, 03:44 PM
its not my GTi its my gf's :lol: i only own a 13yr old pulsar(but has the looks)

Aussie i know your only winding me up, as am i.

rusole: get over it as i said i am only comparing it to the GTi as its the one that i have driven and know what its like, until the others get here then i will be taking them for a test drive for sure, i might rock up in the GTi and say yeah i heard this either being the VXR or the ST and say let me take it for a qwik test drive.

the GTi looks heaps different from the baseline, well from the front mainly with the grill and great red pinstripe, as for the color coding that was doen for a reason and i dont mind it, i have seen some that are coded and it looks ok.

i like the drive of the GTi the DSG is great, but i have only ever driven Aussie cars and jap cars untill the GTi so that would have a lot to do with it(except i drove a m3 once)

if HSV get behind the VXR like tehy have the R8 say then it will really take of that is for sure

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
6th April 2006, 06:12 PM
yeah i said it could be due to the video, 80mph damm they looked as if they were standing still, i wasnt baggin it out in anyway at all, i was impressed by it, you seemed to just get up and go and leave him behind, i didnt think that the mods you had would make such a big difference over stock is all.

it did sound ok but the rain made it sound different, you got and vids of the sound of the stock and yours without rain?

i was only comparing it to my GF GTi as there is no other close comparsin(sp) that i have been in unless you want to compare it to my dads R32 GTR's but that would be really unfair seeins as they would do 11sec quarters :lol:

Shaun the GTi i dont think was ever at the top of the hot hatch in performance wise more drivability as Top gear and evo said the VXR is qwiker but would still prefer to own the GTi.

But as for being superceded by the VXR and the XR5 i dont think so, maybe the XR5 in performace and looks but not the VXR(not looks anyway) personal preference there.

only 2 months shaun, then how long till i can go for a ride in yours?

i will say the more i read about it and see about the VXR the more i like it, its gettin into to my top 5 and soon my top 3 but will never be number 1 :lol:

SSS_Hoon
Gee your easy to wind up....

Look theres no doubting that the The GTi Golf is the Best ever golf from VW. And after running Amanda's GTi theres no doubt there got more in them. I think VW should re consider the 3 Door Version for Australia. Thats what i turns me off the car and the fact that Leather is an Option and by the time you price the car out with options its well almost sitting in the 60k mark. For those kind of Dollars i can buy a FPV Tornado ute or Maloo R8 or a FPV Typhoon and have twice as much power . Sure the XR5 is the same as it will be in a 5 Door body But there is a possiablity the Ford may bring the 3 door Version. The thing that appeals to me about the XR5 is the engine is proven and Volvo Engines are rather strong and produce a unique engine note. The 2.5 in the XR5 is going to be something out for.

But at this point and time the VXR is winning hands down for me. The car is What im looking for in a car and its wearing HSV Badges which makes it more attractive and more unique to me. Sure its .5 of a litre then the VXR but there much on par with each other in the torque curve.

As for a ride in my we will have to see what happens with HSV. They say Limited run and they are still not confirming the number of units coming to australia and how Limited the VXR will be. Im guessing atm the 1st batch will be a test lot in terms of number that will be sold. if they sell as well as they are prodicting i may miss out on the 1st batch but i will be ready for the second batch. ( Due to my overseas trip) 1st batch is ment to Arrive in Australia and should be on the Market around July.

SSS_Hoon
6th April 2006, 07:04 PM
I aint wound up just like stiring the pot to keep it going is all :lol: it dont bother me what anyone thinks about the Gti or any car for that matter as its all personal preference in the end aint it.(unless you start to knock the SSS then the Crap hits the fan :lol: :lol: )

yeah the Gti is a tad overpriced and the 3 door may be here in nov apparently 1k cheaper only though and its only 70kg lighter too.

yeah your right the volvo engine is proven and the GTi engine is only fairly new.

i think the VXR will sell its first batch quickly if they get here in time before golf speed up there waiting lists.

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
6th April 2006, 08:29 PM
.(unless you start to knock the SSS then the Crap hits the fan :lol: :lol: )

SSS_Hoon

Been there done that..... hehe on PGA.

aussie_in_london
6th April 2006, 08:48 PM
i went to purchase a pulsar SSS back in 1995, popped the bonnet of a 94 model at the Nissan dealership in Campbelltown and the salesman says to me unless your planning of driving out of here in that car drop the bonnet, so did fully and called him a pr*ck and well done for loosing a sale, went down to the Ford dealership and drove away in a 91 model Laser TX3 1.8 turbo,
i did like the SSS but the dealer changed my mind lol

SSS_Hoon
7th April 2006, 04:50 AM
damm what a prick eh aussie.

shaun yeah i know you have and they loved you for it too didnt they....

SSS_Hoon

Red AH SRI T
7th April 2006, 07:27 AM
i went to purchase a pulsar SSS back in 1995, popped the bonnet of a 94 model at the Nissan dealership in Campbelltown and the salesman says to me unless your planning of driving out of here in that car drop the bonnet, so did fully and called him a pr*ck and well done for loosing a sale, went down to the Ford dealership and drove away in a 91 model Laser TX3 1.8 turbo,
i did like the SSS but the dealer changed my mind lol

sounds like when i was shopping for my new car a year ago and i walked into 3 different Mazda dealerships to look at the Mazda 3 and no one would tell me anything about the car besides the basic features, no one even offered me a test drive.

I think we all know what happened next ;)

Shaun
7th April 2006, 05:08 PM
damm what a prick eh aussie.

shaun yeah i know you have and they loved you for it too didnt they....

SSS_Hoon
Yeah the loved it so much they Ban me...

RapidSRi
7th April 2006, 06:19 PM
http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je56IxHDZED6IAQxA15gt.;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12gutvmok/EXP=1144483249/**http://grouper.com/GlobalMedia/MediaDetails.aspx?id=607917