PDA

View Full Version : So who here has gotten badged?

PaulTheBall
4th April 2006, 09:39 PM
Walked out to my car yesterday and noticed bits of by Opel rear badge, and OPC badge, missing! Some bored kids must have tried to pry them off the night before while my car is parked at home. I'm suprised it took 3+ years for somebody to attempt it, since Opel badges are quite distinctive.

The paint isn't scratched so they must have been using their fingers to get them off. The Opel wheel caps and front Opel badge weren't touched, and they are just clip ons!

I'll probably clean it up and go cleanskin for a while and try and source a single Opel badge to cover the guide holes.

So who else here has had their badges tampered with? Did they do any damage?

Vectracious
4th April 2006, 10:02 PM
That sucks mate, I'm surprised the little *(&%# even knew what an OPC badge was that they tried to take it off.

InsaneAsylum
5th April 2006, 08:20 AM
thankfully i haven't been badged (touch wood it never happens) which isn't bad since i've had opel badges for 6 years. i am very careful about where I put my car though, but even so, it could have been worse. i've had "willful damage to motor vehicle" done to my old car many times, it's not a good feeling

PaulyJ
5th April 2006, 09:48 AM
Ahhhh Paul thats crap to hear.
Feel sorry for you there.
The last cruise my car got badged... accidentally.
GF's top got caught on the rear badge and pulled it right off.
Now its Sikaflexed on!

InsaneAsylum
5th April 2006, 09:57 AM
Ahhhh Paul thats crap to hear.
Feel sorry for you there.
The last cruise my car got badged... accidentally.
GF's top got caught on the rear badge and pulled it right off.
Now its Sikaflexed on!

i hope she understood why she was in the bad books :)

PaulyJ
5th April 2006, 09:59 AM
yes, yes she did!

Lucky_Astra06
5th April 2006, 10:35 AM
i got my rear opel badge ripped off 2 weeks after i got it put on, also got keyed prob by same bi.tches that nite
always handy to have friends in smash repair places.

mixmelb
5th April 2006, 11:53 AM
That sucks Paul!!

I got my badges for over 3 years now and never have any problem.

btm
5th April 2006, 12:47 PM
little sh!ts... no good!

had mine on for over 2 years and never had a problem

mine sits in a garage monday to friday though...

Red AH SRI T
5th April 2006, 03:00 PM
never had a problem, although i do a quick check every time i return to the car :eek:

lowey22
5th April 2006, 03:17 PM
i debadged mine, so no risk of it. although that didnt stop some fcuker keying it...

Wattie
5th April 2006, 05:41 PM
ive been ok so far, but always check when i return to it... aswell as my chrome valve caps :)

PaulTheBall
6th April 2006, 08:43 PM
well I got over it about 10 minutes after noticing the problem.

I've done a lot worse to other people's property when I was younger! Government property that is, not private property. Aaah, University scavenger hunts. Sweet, sweet memories :)

Kimme
7th April 2006, 09:57 AM
The valve caps on Cris's (eld0ra) wheels got stolen.. it sucks as they were metal ones. Easy to replace, but a pain in the ass.

Thankfully they haven't taken the one off my corsa.

CateO
7th April 2006, 10:43 AM
Thankfully I've never been badged, although it DOES look like someone has slightly 'attempted' it, with scratches around the area of the back badge. They also didn't stop nasty people from keying the car, or stealing my valve caps (on 4 occasions now).

OpelCali
7th April 2006, 12:34 PM
Got my Vauxhall badge nicked twice before. (yeh u heard me.... Vauxhall). So in the end I decided to put the factory emblem back (Opel) and its' been there ever since. Funny. My previous car was a Corsa B

MiksOpel
8th April 2006, 12:15 AM
I've had my badges stolen a few times
First of it was the wheel cap at castle towers shopping centre, just one.
Then the front and rear opel badges.
Then on another occasion the rear was attempted, they broke the circle but left the flash, and a few scratches.

I've left the rear flash, and now i leave the wheel caps off for daily driving.

Petey
8th April 2006, 05:26 PM
had my original (ie. Holden) badge stolen on first day of school holidays a year after buying the car. no doubt some little p$$k wanted a souvenir. must have used a screwdriver or knife to pry it off as paint was damaged.

what I don't get is the badges are just made of plastic with a chrome plate!!! why bother? What r u gonna do with it?

as for chrome wheels caps, i don't bother putting them on anymore... always get pinched, sometimes all 4 at the same time - I always check my car now before driving off! i just use black rubber ones, although i have just put on (i must be crazy!) matt black metal caps i found at autobarn a few weeks ago. i dunno maybe the color will fool em!

all of above only happens when i park in a BIG shopping centre car park too...

STW16V
9th April 2006, 05:48 PM
it sucks when some a**holes mess whit your car.
overhere we have the same problems with badges.
some collect them.i took mine off myself.
like it clean.there's only a vauxhall badge on the back.

PaulyJ
10th April 2006, 12:00 PM
You can solve that hubcap problem by getting rims...

had my original (ie. Holden) badge stolen on first day of school holidays a year after buying the car. no doubt some little p$$k wanted a souvenir. must have used a screwdriver or knife to pry it off as paint was damaged.

what I don't get is the badges are just made of plastic with a chrome plate!!! why bother? What r u gonna do with it?

as for chrome wheels caps, i don't bother putting them on anymore... always get pinched, sometimes all 4 at the same time - I always check my car now before driving off! i just use black rubber ones, although i have just put on (i must be crazy!) matt black metal caps i found at autobarn a few weeks ago. i dunno maybe the color will fool em!

all of above only happens when i park in a BIG shopping centre car park too...