PDA

View Full Version : where best to sell custom plates?

beep beep sri
2nd April 2006, 12:09 PM
where do you guys recon is best to sell a set of custom plates? tradingpost a specialty plate trader any other ideas? i have a set i realy wanto get rid of but just do'nt know what way to do it

EL BURITO
2nd April 2006, 02:06 PM
cant ya sell em in auto trader???

EL BURITO
2nd April 2006, 02:07 PM
wat they say??

ToYBoX
2nd April 2006, 02:54 PM
www.tradingpost.com.au

Charlatan
2nd April 2006, 04:27 PM
I think it is a complete myth that people will pay thousands of dollars for custom plates. There are some exceptions such as numeric only and things like MONARO or GHTO will always have value, but most plates, advertisers are generally dreaming.

No idea on where to advertise successfully. Anyone here sold a plate for big dollars?

beep beep sri
2nd April 2006, 04:28 PM
it was when i was looking into buying a balistic xp falcon i got the plates YTRYTO. got em a couple of years ago and just wanna try and get my money back for em think it was about $395

PaulyJ
2nd April 2006, 04:31 PM
Can you keep em till i get my c20let conversion done... they would be perfect then!

But if you really want to sell them, try www.firesport.com (http://www.firesport.com)

beep beep sri
2nd April 2006, 05:25 PM
i totaly agree anyone expecting thousands for custom plates are DREAMING. as said id want what i paid for them 2 years ago and i know that custom plate prices go up every year.

EL BURITO
2nd April 2006, 06:16 PM
at least custom plates are easy and relitivly cheap when compared with the stupidity attached in the UK

SSS_Hoon
2nd April 2006, 07:51 PM
yeah but you dont gotta pay that 395 every year even if they are in storage?

from waht i was told its hard to sell plates now as you ahve to hand them back in and the person that bought off you has to be next in line for them.

as you cannot go into a rta and swap lates from car too car anymore, from waht i heard.

SSS_Hoon

pred8r
2nd April 2006, 08:09 PM

from waht i was told its hard to sell plates now as you ahve to hand them back in and the person that bought off you has to be next in line for them.

as you cannot go into a rta and swap lates from car too car anymore, from waht i heard.

SSS_Hoon

Victoria is different

Lucky_Astra06
2nd April 2006, 08:45 PM
I have plates that say IAM L8
couldn't sell them in trading post or local newspaper, printed a for sale sign with pic of number plate
n put it up in the car had 3 calls in 1 week highest $$$ was $1,500....
anywho thats another way of advertising

btm
3rd April 2006, 02:01 PM
i pay $50 a year to keep mine in storage at the RTA

i have had offers of up to $3K so far

InsaneAsylum
3rd April 2006, 02:20 PM
hahahahahaha at people asking big $$$ for plates.

those vitreous enamel numeric plates are the only ones that fetch big $$$

i laugh at adds like this:

"platez 4 sale MSSIFS
it stanz 4 "my sik skyline iz fully sik"
neva show on da car, suit skyline
$15000

P.S also says SFISSM if you look in da rear view mirror"

Sri81
3rd April 2006, 03:48 PM
http://www.freeplates.com is a good site...

It's free to list so nothing to lose...

beep beep sri
3rd April 2006, 07:47 PM
cheers sri81.