PDA

View Full Version : Cool things on your car

GreyRex
29th March 2006, 02:36 PM
Hey guys,
Thought i'd start an interesting thread about things you think, or other people think are cool about your car. Can be from the headlights, to the climate control... anything at all. Let us know :)

btm
29th March 2006, 02:41 PM
i only found the pen holder in my astra g the other day.... i like it :)

InsaneAsylum
29th March 2006, 02:48 PM
everyone loves the mirrors on my vectra B. personally i like the car all round, it's comfortable, fits 5 adults easily and has a large boot. it's got half decent power, it's no balltearer nor is it a slouch and it has great fuel economy

CJB
29th March 2006, 03:02 PM
People just go wild over the muffin holder in the Glovebox (a.k.a cup holder).

I mean, what could be cooler then having your own muffin holder? :p

and what makes it more cool - there is one in the consol too, because I am often caught out with having two muffins and only one muffin holder :D

But in all seriousness, I do like them, and I also think the deadlocking on the inside is a cool feature, if you double click the keyless entry how it locks the car inside, so you can't get out. Not that it really ever comes in use :rolleyes:

and you can't go past the badging, either you get sh1t for it, or others think it's really cool and unique! and I personally think it's one of the best features of the car because it sets it apart from all the other Barina's - whether modded or not. Anyone can mod a Barina after all.

Red AH SRI T
29th March 2006, 03:05 PM
i like the astra H's indicators, the simpltons cruise control and the remote activation of the windows up/down :D

CJB
29th March 2006, 03:07 PM
i like the astra H's indicators, the simpltons cruise control and the remote activation of the windows up/down :D
Rub it in why don't you :p

btm
29th March 2006, 03:12 PM
oh yeah, i forgot to mention my 'total closure' windows - love it!

CJB
29th March 2006, 03:15 PM
oh yeah, i forgot to mention my 'total closure' windows - love it!
ahahahaha, but that's aftermarket ;) haha, but I guess, even so.

lowey22
29th March 2006, 03:47 PM
i love my custom kit and colour coding, both of which i did myself :p

i love my wheels also. oh! i also am fond of my tail-lights, although some people don't, but i reckon they look good on white cars...

CJB
29th March 2006, 03:48 PM
i love my custom kit and colour coding, both of which i did myself :p

i love my wheels also. oh! i also am fond of my tail-lights, although some people don't, but i reckon they look good on white cars...
If you're refering to clear tail lights, I agree with you!!! :)

and your kit is awesome!

lowey22
29th March 2006, 03:50 PM
lol! thanks crispy.

rear bar will be done this weekend, i promise :rolleyes: i will post pics sunday i hope!

beep beep sri
29th March 2006, 03:58 PM
the look of the sri. i parked next to a nice lady the otherday in a stock silver barina same colour as mine and it just looked so much better. opel badges are good and the sterio i put in is pretty damn cool if you ask me or anyone that goes in my car

PaulyJ
29th March 2006, 07:50 PM
everything
the blue dash
touch screen headunit
red sticker on windscreen
everything!

Dee
29th March 2006, 08:06 PM
LIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VVTL-i

everything from the free tint, floor mats, weathershields and the cruise control ($850) to the included red dash, 6 cd stacker with mp3 player and the climate control, full leather interior and 5x16" alloy wheels....

and of course the 103.8kw at the wheels 100% stock and not super/turbo charged... all for less than $30,000

and cheap to insure and run too :D

pred8r
29th March 2006, 08:06 PM
People who see it for the first time go 'WOW!'
Those who know it love the sunroof and the total closure.
Most are suprised by the 1.8lt POWAHHH!!, the ride (which is sometimes a little harsh) and the handling.
Mrs Pred LOVES the 'go'

apart from that the Citroen C2 VTR had many more WOWs from me, chilled glovebox, Auto lights and wipers and crappy gearbox.

ope126
29th March 2006, 08:16 PM
Hi All,

I like the following about my 12/2003 Holden Astra CDX;

- Leather Interior / Steering Wheel. :)
- Climate Control Air Con (Normally set at 20 - 21 degrees.)
- 6 Full Size Air Bags, Dual Front, Side and Full Length Curtain Airbags.
- 16" Luxury Alloys w/ 205/50ZR16 87W Fulda Excelero Tyres.
(Heaps better than the Pirelli P6000's)
- Rear passengers overhead interior light.
- Trip Computer
And the Opel Badging - Direct from Opel in Munich, Germany. (I got them on my Honeymoon last year when we were in Germany) :D
etc. etc.

Glenn

nd308
29th March 2006, 09:10 PM
what i love about my cdxi vectra ZC 2005.

1. six air bags
2. clear high level rear stop light
3. darkened rear lights
4. black internals of the front lights
5. rear/front fog lights
6. auto lights
7. four window auto
8. all leather interior/ steering wheel
9. electric actuated boot release
10. remote locking fuel filler cap
11. rain/speed sesitive wipers
12. auto rear wiper actuated when in reverse and front wipers are on
13. auto dim rear vision mirrors
14. memory mirrors, all three and drivers seat
15. v6 155kw power
16 17" rims
17. remote window up/down
18. metallic black paint work
19. pressure sesitive indicators
20. esp, ebd, abs, cb, traction crontrol
21. speed variable power steering
22. semi auto auto gear box
23. the list goes on and on

in all i love my new vectra

mr corsa
29th March 2006, 09:19 PM
229.9 kws of power and rising :p

EL BURITO
29th March 2006, 10:46 PM
Its fully paid off :D (All mine)
My wheels and mirrored tail lights.
and my corsa badge

Alfonzo
29th March 2006, 10:54 PM
Um....

My factory-stock colour coded side skirts. So many people look at them and ask if they're an aftermarket kit, and go "oooh, nice" when I tell 'em that they came this way.

Probably the other thing is when I'm at low speed, I get people watching me go by. That's kinda cool :) Used to get some good double-takes with the Opel badging, but I still seem to get it with the Holden ones again. Almost like some people aren't quite sure what car it is...

PaulyJ
29th March 2006, 11:27 PM
229.9 kws of power and rising :p

...and rising? FARK dude, haven't you got enough?

Wattie
30th March 2006, 11:14 AM
My Car, coz its white, always clean (nearly) and wheels, ppl always go ****!! look!! they're 18s on a vectra??
and when sitting in traffic watching ppl look and point at the car and ask what it is. bahahaha...

oh i almost forgot!, the DARK windows, massive contrast to the white car.

Wraith
30th March 2006, 04:21 PM
Way too much to mention that I love about my TS Turbo Convertible, but the recent addition of 20's and M3 electric/heated mirrors look soooo hot, I just melt.............LOL.

Don't know if anyone else has fitted M3 mirrors to a convertible yet, I'm always doing things to mine to make sure it's unique.

lowey22
30th March 2006, 04:31 PM
Way too much to mention that I love about my TS Turbo Convertible, but the recent addition of 20's and M3 electric/heated mirrors look soooo hot, I just melt.............LOL.

Don't know if anyone else has fitted M3 mirrors to a convertible yet, I'm always doing things to mine to make sure it's unique.

your car does sound hot, got any pics?

beep beep sri
30th March 2006, 08:21 PM
229kw is a lot and i know every dyno will give SLIGHTLY varied results but how long is it gonna last? even if built rite thats a massive amount of power from a 1.8. not sh1t caning you id love to do it to mine but its always something i question. congrats on doing it by the way

Wattie
31st March 2006, 07:06 AM
well with the amount of internal bits in it, i'd say it'd last longer than most of the sik bro's that wind up the boost on their stock cars...

opel697
31st March 2006, 11:18 AM
230 Kw of daily driven fun.

auzvectra
31st March 2006, 11:55 AM
i cant beleive no1 has said heated seats!!!

InsaneAsylum
31st March 2006, 12:24 PM

mine only does that after i've eaten chicken vindaloo

CJB
31st March 2006, 12:27 PM
mine only does that after i've eaten chicken vindaloo
hahahahaha... hahaha gross :D

Wouldn't heated seats be a little, annoying?

rusole21
31st March 2006, 01:22 PM
my forrester gt.
quote for $2000 to have unichip installed and full red line racing oil in everything (motor, gearbox and diff) to raise power from 130kw to.....
wait for it. 180kw and be more ecconomical. hahahaha. stoked!:D

mr corsa
31st March 2006, 05:38 PM
229kw is a lot and i know every dyno will give SLIGHTLY varied results but how long is it gonna last? even if built rite thats a massive amount of power from a 1.8. not sh1t caning you id love to do it to mine but its always something i question. congrats on doing it by the way

229kw is my lowest result so far as for my highest result 229kw is stock to me and for sh1t caning me i can take it

imay
31st March 2006, 06:23 PM
Cool things on your car

. . . . that little button on the left hand side of the centre console that makes the roof go down.
Rates as one of the best buttons I've ever played with!

Charlatan
1st April 2006, 09:10 AM
I love the fact that you can park a Barina anywhere and no one is going to bother to steal it (touches wood). I also love the fact I can squeeze it into parks that wont fit an astra (or equiv.) and the fact that no one rates the SRi.

... muffin holders ... i like that :)

Misguidedangel
1st April 2006, 02:42 PM
Even though ive only be able to marvel at my astra for the past 5 days, i already love the fact that it has a rear wiper, it drives in a straight line and its not a lancer :P

Wraith
2nd April 2006, 12:34 PM
Cool things on your car

. . . . that little button on the left hand side of the centre console that makes the roof go down.
Rates as one of the best buttons I've ever played with!

ooooyehh, I'm with you bro, you've gotta love the converts.

At a press of a button you've got 2 cars in one and man do the mag wheels instantly look twice as big.........LOL

14th November 2007, 07:18 PM
i only found the pen holder in my astra g the other day.... i like it :)

ok sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but WHERE is this pen holder?...hahaha..i really would like to know..thanks

EL BURITO
14th November 2007, 07:19 PM
ok sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but WHERE is this pen holder?...hahaha..i really would like to know..thanks
there is one in my glove box

R3N
14th November 2007, 07:40 PM
It's in the glove box, right above where the right hinge is

Dee
14th November 2007, 07:47 PM
right behind the business card holder

poita
14th November 2007, 08:23 PM
cooling vent in the glove box, demisters in the side mirrors.
no sunroof :p loving my new suspension
like the shape of the dash, and the overall shape of the car, lowering it makes it look a lot longer than it is though!

EAK33Y
14th November 2007, 08:39 PM
My angel eyes
My front bar
The way the middle of the glove box can be pulled out so i can fit my PS2 in there
My TV
The Fuel Economy
and ofcourse 2 layers of Window Tint

maloo97
14th November 2007, 08:51 PM
Centre Arm rest on the G.
And almost everything on the calibra.

Peety117
14th November 2007, 09:03 PM
I got a button on my center console that turns traction controls off ;) (psst, its not a standard feature)

Ishley
14th November 2007, 09:20 PM
"SPORT" button. Being able to open and close the windows with the key. . . Soft touch indicators. . . And the thing i love the most, is just the shape of the coupe!

maloo97
14th November 2007, 09:29 PM
"SPORT" button. Being able to open and close the windows with the key. . . Soft touch indicators. . . And the thing i love the most, is just the shape of the coupe!

I agree with everything but the coupe bit cause i dont / didn't have one But on the Astra wagon i had that won me over and i miss it lol.

EAK33Y
14th November 2007, 10:40 PM
Centre Arm rest on the G.
Extra?

maloo97
14th November 2007, 10:43 PM
Yepo. Best $90 iv ever spent :D

EAK33Y
14th November 2007, 11:08 PM
Do tell?

JR
14th November 2007, 11:09 PM
i can't stop lookin at my angel eyes, my rieger bodykit, my wheels, my 'sports' mode which makes me feel like i've got an extra 100kw!!!! :D
hahahaha

Wraith
14th November 2007, 11:46 PM
i can't stop lookin at my angel eyes, my rieger bodykit, my wheels, my 'sports' mode which makes me feel like i've got an extra 100kw!!!! :D
hahahaha

LOL I too get into a kind of trance whenever I look at my angel eyes fired up, they look so gorgeous and sexy :drool:

I find myself driving the vert with just the angels and foggies fired up until it gets totally dark and have to fire up the main beams - not to worry, hello HID's :)

tuzinski
15th November 2007, 12:05 AM
the leather seats
the sub that everyone instantly thinks is in the boot! (but most cant even find it)

and yes the sport mode!

OPC
15th November 2007, 12:13 AM
mainly the sport button... but all my OPC stuff comes in 2nd place... oh wait the rear sway bar shits on all of them

OPC
15th November 2007, 12:18 AM

heated seats... happy ;)

Vectracious
15th November 2007, 01:11 AM
Rex: Climate control, Turbo :D , AWD
Astra: heated mirrors, adjustable headlight beam angle (although never used it)
Old Veccy: wing mirrors, the TID which when off looked like a TV Screen
Old VK: Ludo board dash.

Black Nugget
15th November 2007, 08:10 AM
Pen Holder in the glovebox FTW

btm
15th November 2007, 08:14 AM
i love my total closure windows mod... now just need total open

Vectracious
15th November 2007, 08:20 AM
i love my total closure windows mod... now just need total open

switch the wires around :p

btm
15th November 2007, 08:21 AM
switch the wires around :p
i'm greedy... i want both :D

Huhness
15th November 2007, 08:26 AM
I like Blue... I like My Stereo.. I like my heated side mirrors.. i like my leather steering wheel and gear knob.. i like my bucket seats.. i like the handling! I like my stock bodykit! I like the amazing amount of information there is on these cars on the internet!

And funnily enough, i like the smell Opels have.. Does anyone notice Opels just have this smell..? I used to ride in Diabolicals barina to school everyday and when i got my own opel it had that smell.. :) Probably the gym sock smell coming from the wet pollen filter.. hahahaha MMmmmm

mr_sikma
15th November 2007, 08:29 AM
my chrome!

btm
15th November 2007, 08:30 AM
do any of the G models come standard with a TC button?

cbrmale
15th November 2007, 08:32 AM
There are bugger-all SRi hatches on the road, so I like the way people look at it, especially other Astra owners. Second glance, and they see it's lowered with the wheels, the tyres and the bodykit.

For the driver, the leather seats are hard to beat. Not only does it look and feel luxurious, the extra side bolstering holds me in place like no other car I've driven before.

And of course there's the six airbags, cruise control, climate control - the climate control is brilliant.

Red AH SRI T
15th November 2007, 08:33 AM

I agree on all counts!!!!

Plus the stereo is not too bad for a standard system. Although I'm thinking about investing some into doing an upgrade. Only thing that concerns me is adding a sub = no boot :(

Oh well, shopping can always go on the back seat.

Wraith
15th November 2007, 08:43 AM
do any of the G models come standard with a TC button?

Yep, turbo hatch and the Euro turbo Coupe :)

I've installed a factory TC switch into my turbo vert :)

btm
15th November 2007, 08:53 AM
a mate just bought an '01 CD G 4 door hatch and its got a tc button just infront of the gear stick - aftermarket job then?

immenotu
15th November 2007, 09:01 AM
I love my new facelift headlights, love the fade on and off of the interior lights, love my wheels and tint, love the blackness of the car, love the tinted taillights.

Love winning traffic light gp's (only to the speed limit) against commodores and the likes in a barina, got a few shocked looks and even the odd round of applause from the other driver lol. All in all I just love my car!

btm
15th November 2007, 09:02 AM
All in all I just love my car!

wait till you put opel badges on it :D

immenotu
15th November 2007, 09:09 AM
wait till you put opel badges on it :D

looking forward to that, almost debadged "holden" and "barina" off the back last weekend, but gonna wait till i get the colour coding done.

Wraith
15th November 2007, 09:12 AM
a mate just bought an '01 CD G 4 door hatch and its got a tc button just infront of the gear stick - aftermarket job then?

Not sure, that's the factory position for it.....we'll have to ask some of the other guys who own a CD, being top of the range, I think they may have been also fitted with TC from factory :)

EAK33Y
15th November 2007, 09:16 AM

Yep would have to be im glad i have T/C i could imagine i would of gone through some tyres by now lol

Apex
15th November 2007, 09:23 AM
The Astra AH has so many cool features for the money, it really impresses people that hop in it after driving the superior branded vehicles!
My favourite feature is the torque curve (after chipping) it’s just so usable.

JohnBu
15th November 2007, 09:25 AM
Sister & cousin 2000 TS CD's both have TC buttons standard.. as does my car

btm
15th November 2007, 09:56 AM

ah, well there you go. it is standard

Tfer
15th November 2007, 10:11 AM
Veccy C CDXi 2003:

blackended tail lights
blackened headlights
foggies
four window auto control from your key
leather interior with heated front seats
dual zone climate control
remote locking fuel filler cap
speed sesitive wipers
auto rear wiper when in reverse and front wipers on
155kw and 320nm
17's (and proper alloy wheel for the spare)
bamboo in colour
semi rigid control stalks
esp, ebd, abs, traction crontrol (switchable)
good standard soundsystem with 6 stack
huge boot
90% of torque from 1,800 rpm
goes where you point it, providing you keep a firm hand on the wheel
rear seat folds flat to produce a wagon for carrying
ski port with fold out tray
4 cup holders
air conditioned glovebox
great horn
no one seems to know exactly what it is :D

btm
15th November 2007, 10:15 AM
wow... that's a big list tfer. you must be very proud of your baby

immenotu
15th November 2007, 10:17 AM
Another thing I thought of, the rake of the front windscreen, when u are driving at freeway speeds ie 100+ in the rain you dont need to use the wipers, the air moving past pushes the water off. Great for long trips in the rain!

btm
15th November 2007, 10:19 AM
very true, that is a cool feature

i also like my mini aerial, stops it from looks like a dodgem car :)

USC
15th November 2007, 10:24 AM
shape and turbo whistle on the srit.

I wish I had a centre box/arm rest behind the hand brakes, cup holders at the front, an mp3 6 CD stacker (currently only plays CD`s), and better fuel economy...lawl....:D

immenotu
15th November 2007, 10:30 AM

lol, someone stole my aerial once, looked good with just the base on the roof but back to a dogem car now :D

btm
15th November 2007, 10:32 AM
lol, someone stole my aerial once, looked good with just the base on the roof but back to a dogem car now :D

shame about the reception though!

Orion_996
15th November 2007, 10:39 AM
Well, would have to be my lip spoiler. I love the thing.

immenotu
15th November 2007, 10:39 AM
shame about the reception though!

yeah that was non-existent :) although I rarely listen to the radio anyway. If I had of thought of it I would have got a shorter aerial when I replaced it.

EAK33Y
15th November 2007, 10:41 AM
ah, well there you go. it is standard

I didnt get one and mines an 01

EAK33Y
15th November 2007, 10:43 AM
very true, that is a cool feature

X2 but i rarely listen to the radio

tuzinski
15th November 2007, 10:56 AM
mine dont have it, maybe cause its an auto! :p

Snotty
15th November 2007, 11:00 AM
the location of the horn button, used to drive around with my thumb resting on it...
loud horns rule

tuzinski
15th November 2007, 11:04 AM
the location of the horn button, used to drive around with my thumb resting on it...
loud horns rule
yes thats awesome.
i drive with my thumb on it!! :D
(ready for any road rage attack)

btm
15th November 2007, 11:06 AM
astra horns are like a truck horn

such a loud noise for such a small car

Wraith
15th November 2007, 11:09 AM

Vecce C's are very under rated cars, I can understand Thomas' pride in his, I too like these (the hatch) very much :)

Wraith
15th November 2007, 11:13 AM
Another thing I thought of, the rake of the front windscreen, when u are driving at freeway speeds ie 100+ in the rain you dont need to use the wipers, the air moving past pushes the water off. Great for long trips in the rain!

I've been using a product called 'Rain X' for about 20 years on my cars - it gives the above effect on any car windshield and at speeds of well below 100km/h, it even worked on my old VH SL/E Commodore with an almost 90 degree windshield ;)

I've also discovered that if you polish your windshield with most other cleaning aids, it also has that effect - I don't need to use wipers unless it's dirty or raining very heavily on all my cars :)

tuzinski
15th November 2007, 11:47 AM
I've been using a product called 'Rain X' for about 20 years on my cars - it gives the above effect on any car windshield and at speeds of well below 100km/h, it even worked on my old VH SL/E Commodore with an almost 90 degree windshield ;)

I've also discovered that if you polish your windshield with most other cleaning aids, it also has that effect - I don't need to use wipers unless it's dirty or raining very heavily on all my cars :)
i wax my front window, gives me that affect at like 40km/h
i love driving along in he rain without using my wipers! :)

Ishley
15th November 2007, 11:54 AM
I agree on all counts!!!!

Plus the stereo is not too bad for a standard system. Although I'm thinking about investing some into doing an upgrade. Only thing that concerns me is adding a sub = no boot :(

Oh well, shopping can always go on the back seat.
I forgot to mention my stereo too..... Kurt upgrade yours, trust me you wont regret it.

AND i love the horn. SO f*cking loud for such a small car hahahahahaha

Red AH SRI T
15th November 2007, 12:02 PM
what did u do to urs? and how much $$$$?

btm
15th November 2007, 12:08 PM
i also like the highbeams on my car.

Wraith
15th November 2007, 12:11 PM
i wax my front window, gives me that affect at like 40km/h
i love driving along in he rain without using my wipers! :)

That's the one ;)

Here I am thinking I was the only one who wax n polishes the windscreen :)

Ishley
15th November 2007, 12:11 PM
what did u do to urs? and how much $$$$?
Replaced all the speakers and 2 12" subs...... My stuff is fairly expensive, but good quality.

Subs - $800
Amps - $600
Rear speakers - $200
Front component speakers - $1100

You could probably get a sub, amp and front speakers that are decent quality for around $800. But installation can be expensive.

Wraith
15th November 2007, 12:12 PM
I forgot to mention my stereo too..... Kurt upgrade yours, trust me you wont regret it.

AND i love the horn. SO f*cking loud for such a small car hahahahahaha

Not sure about the AH's but if they're like previous Opels, there are 2 horns not one, that's why they're so loud :)

Wraith
15th November 2007, 12:14 PM
Replaced all the speakers and 2 12" subs...... My stuff is fairly expensive, but good quality.

Subs - $800
Amps - $600
Rear speakers - $200
Front component speakers - $1100

You could probably get a sub, amp and front speakers that are decent quality for around $800. But installation can be expensive.

It's 'pays' to get good quality ICE hardware, not only does it sound better, it'll last longer and usually looks better/prettier too :)

I wish my ICE hardware cost as little as that above.....

btm
15th November 2007, 12:17 PM
i'm happy with my stock stereo. it does the job that i need it to

tuzinski
15th November 2007, 12:17 PM
That's the one ;)

Here I am thinking I was the only one who wax n polishes the windscreen :)
HAHA, yea i do look retarded when i do it!

Not sure about the AH's but if they're like previous Opels, there are 2 horns not one, that's why they're so loud :)
yes i wish the button on the steering wheel would control one.
so left button would control one horn and the right button control the 2nd horn.

you could play melodies then!! :dance:

EAK33Y
15th November 2007, 12:20 PM
All up i think mine cost around $2500

For
Head Deck
2 set of 6' Speaker
2 Amps
Sub
TV
Wireing

And im happy with it and dont have to spend anymore

btm
15th November 2007, 12:25 PM
And im happy with it and dont have to spend anymore
until you want an upgrade :D

EAK33Y
15th November 2007, 12:25 PM
Naa im happy with it no need to update and no $$$ to update

btm
15th November 2007, 12:28 PM
you need to update your sig now eak33y to reflect your new headlights and front bar ;)

EAK33Y
15th November 2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah im getting professinal pics when i get back from melbourne so in 2 weeks ill have a new one

btm
15th November 2007, 12:32 PM
right behind the business card holder

business card holder??? eh? :confused:

Wraith
15th November 2007, 12:42 PM
Some cars have buisness card holders built into the sunscreen visors :)

btm
15th November 2007, 12:43 PM

oh right. never really studied the back of my visors

Red AH SRI T
15th November 2007, 12:55 PM

its more meant for Car Parking tickets. But business cards fit too :p

btm
15th November 2007, 12:57 PM

parking fines are just a tiny strip of paper now. smaller than a shopping receipt!

Wraith
15th November 2007, 01:01 PM

hahahahaha LOL I won't tell you where I file those away, certainly not in that location :D

JR
15th November 2007, 01:53 PM
LOL I too get into a kind of trance whenever I look at my angel eyes fired up, they look so gorgeous and sexy :drool:

I find myself driving the vert with just the angels and foggies fired up until it gets totally dark and have to fire up the main beams - not to worry, hello HID's :)

hahaha - i do the exact same thing too :p its da BIZZZ

bornwild
15th November 2007, 01:54 PM
I have a spare wheel...an Alloy spare wheel! It's cool :)

btm
15th November 2007, 01:59 PM
never under estimate a full size alloy as a spare :)

becoming a rarity these days!!

bornwild
15th November 2007, 02:03 PM
never under estimate a full size alloy as a spare :)

becoming a rarity these days!!

I thought they just screwed up in Opel in Belgium?! Or does Holden usually give full sized Alloy's as spares in the Astra's?

Red AH SRI T
15th November 2007, 02:06 PM
parking fines are just a tiny strip of paper now. smaller than a shopping receipt!

I don't mean fines. You know the little ticket the machine spits out at you at westfeild. Its about the size of a business car. those things :D

btm
15th November 2007, 02:18 PM
I thought they just screwed up in Opel in Belgium?! Or does Holden usually give full sized Alloy's as spares in the Astra's?

i have a full size alloy spare. i think all astra's do? dont they?

I don't mean fines. You know the little ticket the machine spits out at you at westfeild. Its about the size of a business car. those things :D

ah, i get ya now :)

bornwild
15th November 2007, 02:21 PM
i have a full size alloy spare. i think all astra's do? dont they?

I thought I was special....:(:(

EL BURITO
15th November 2007, 02:22 PM
It's 'pays' to get good quality ICE hardware, not only does it sound better, it'll last longer and usually looks better/prettier too :)

I wish my ICE hardware cost as little as that above.....
with you there :(

Peety117
15th November 2007, 02:22 PM
I didnt get one and mines an 01
SRi? cause mine is an 01 Astra SRi. I thought so, so a traction button did not come as standard on the 01 SRi's then?

btm
15th November 2007, 02:23 PM
SRi? cause mine is an 01 Astra SRi. I thought so, so a traction button did not come as standard on the 01 SRi's then?

eak33y's is a 1.8L and so is my mates... my mates must be aftermarket

immenotu
15th November 2007, 02:49 PM

I use ArmorAll window cleaner, does a similar thing, probably why the water runs off so easy :)

R3N
15th November 2007, 03:03 PM
eak33y's is a 1.8L and so is my mates... my mates must be aftermarket

IIRC some 1.8s did come with it standard, think it was the Olympic edition

Oh and Wraith, I also RainX my windows :D

Wraith
15th November 2007, 03:24 PM
Like I said before - I'm glad I'm not the only one polishing my cars windows as well as the duco, it's great to be in similar company :)

btm
15th November 2007, 03:42 PM
IIRC some 1.8s did come with it standard, think it was the Olympic edition
hmmm... i'm assuming the olympic edition was a 2000 model??

then maybe my mates is a 2000 model then

R3N
15th November 2007, 03:47 PM

There you go... 2000 models

btm
15th November 2007, 04:35 PM
his must be a 2000 model then

Tfer
15th November 2007, 06:04 PM

Surely am :cool:

SIMid
16th November 2007, 07:58 AM
Surprised noone said anything regarding the AH's thick rimmed leather multi-function steering wheel. That was the first thing I saw when I test drove one and went "This feels gooooood!" Love the steering wheel.

Also;
Love the 18s.
Love the shape/design with the turbo kit.
Love the power (but I want a little more :p ).
Love the handling (& the current ride height).
Love the gear knob (nice and chunky).
Love the climate control, needs a little time to adjust though.

btm
16th November 2007, 09:01 AM
Surprised noone said anything regarding the AH's thick rimmed leather multi-function steering wheel. That was the first thing I saw when I test drove one and went "This feels gooooood!" Love the steering wheel.

Also;
Love the 18s.
Love the shape/design with the turbo kit.
Love the power (but I want a little more :p ).
Love the handling (& the current ride height).
Love the gear knob (nice and chunky).
Love the climate control, needs a little time to adjust though.

and what about you sunroof?? that'd be high up on my list :)

Wraith
16th November 2007, 09:05 AM

Agree, once you've had one, you can't go without on another car, ie: unless you get yourself a vert, probably the best thing I love about my Astra is that being a convertible you literally have 2 cars in 1 :)

poita
16th November 2007, 09:06 AM

they are over rated!!

btm
16th November 2007, 09:22 AM
they are over rated!!

i knew you were going to say something like that pete :D

Greg K
16th November 2007, 10:48 AM
love the clean lines of the veccy b

the thing i love about my vec:
- factory Xenons (only set in Oz i believe)
- exhaust note and engine noise from the v6
- white SRiT wheels
- new tail lights (factory UK spec)
- ride height and handling from Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs

SIMid
16th November 2007, 11:10 AM

Optional extra and I got it because as Ange says, once you have, you never go back. :D

Poita, the Lancia is gonna take as long as it's gonna take. *LOL*

Speaking of Sunroofs, I'm surprised you dont do a Clarkson Pete .....

http://i7.tinypic.com/6y1un10.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/6y4krhd.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/6jnk1et.jpg

Wraith
16th November 2007, 12:37 PM
hahahaha good one :)

Now to move the steering wheel forward to clear his huge gutt :D

btm
16th November 2007, 01:10 PM
wtf is all over his wrists??

Wraith
16th November 2007, 01:21 PM
wtf is all over his wrists??

Rosary beads maybe ???

The man's a religious hippy :D

poita
16th November 2007, 07:09 PM
they where in SA so it was prob to ward of the natives, i've met ashley so i can see why tehy would want to :p:p:p

xplosv57
17th November 2007, 10:33 AM
The coolest thing in my current car is the big V8 under the bonnet!!!!

But going back to my Astra, best feature (i know it's aftermarket but was simple to install into the car than others) was my auto close windows!!!

Just the fun of leaving your windows open and everyone going 'hey you left your windows open' and i'd walk away as if i didn't care!!! Then one touch and bang all the windows close, i get excited over simple things!!!

Plus the fuel consumption, ohhh do i miss the fuel consumption!!!!

Peety117
17th November 2007, 12:36 PM
But going back to my Astra, best feature (i know it's aftermarket but was simple to install into the car than others) was my auto close windows!!!

Just the fun of leaving your windows open and everyone going 'hey you left your windows open' and i'd walk away as if i didn't care!!! Then one touch and bang all the windows close, i get excited over simple things!!!

I got that too, its a cool party trick :dance:

SIMid
17th November 2007, 05:02 PM
One feature I would love to have is autoclose on the sunroof with rain sensing. That would be awesome!

Shaun
18th November 2007, 10:29 PM
One feature I would love to have is autoclose on the sunroof with rain sensing. That would be awesome!

Factory fitted Sunroof or a Local fitted one by the selling dealership ??

SIMid
19th November 2007, 08:14 AM
Factory fitted Sunroof or a Local fitted one by the selling dealership ??

Local. They only come factory in the 5 door. But looks factory, they did an awesome job.

Wraith
19th November 2007, 10:46 AM

Have you checked around Simon, you may be able to get something like that set up ???

BTW you should've mentioned the chrome (VXR) fog light surrounds on your car, they look fantastic, much better than the plain stock ones :)

SIMid
19th November 2007, 07:04 PM
Have you checked around Simon, you may be able to get something like that set up ???

BTW you should've mentioned the chrome (VXR) fog light surrounds on your car, they look fantastic, much better than the plain stock ones :)

Probably could but the Astra is parked in the garage at home and undercover at work so very rarely it'll be outside.

Thanks for the compliment! It's like icing on the cake. :p

Apex
19th November 2007, 07:38 PM
Probably could but the Astra is parked in the garage at home and undercover at work so very rarely it'll be outside.

Thanks for the compliment! It's like icing on the cake. :p

Copy cat… :p Ha-ha just kidding, they look so much better than the stock SRi ones! Wherever you got them from are switched on. It must have only been a few weeks! :clap:

SIMid
19th November 2007, 07:43 PM
Copy cat… :p Ha-ha just kidding, they look so much better than the stock SRi ones! Wherever you got them from are switched on. It must have only been a few weeks! :clap:

No mucking around mate! *LOL* What's next TTEETT?? :p

btm
20th November 2007, 10:34 AM
its ok... you're both in different countries :)