PDA

View Full Version : holden repair

chileno
26th March 2006, 02:09 AM
I had taken my car in for the 45,000km service last week, and had complained about the miss u can hear from the exhaust, and the stickers on the door pillars bubbling. They said they had to order them in. And in regards to the poppin or miss i hear, they said its normal coz of back pressure, though im still not that sure even though i have complained bout this several times. When i took my car back for the stickers, they had to keep my car overnight, coz they were having trouble removing them and even had to remove the back windows to get them off and also to the panel beaters to get the stickers put back on. So it took 3 hours + just to remove the stickers. Tell you, HOLDEN service is just one of those great places to take your car. NOT.

bill142
26th March 2006, 09:35 AM
What sticker was being replaced??

Turblue
26th March 2006, 09:52 AM
What sticker was being replaced??

I'd say the carbon fibre looking one's on the SriT model. Mine are due to be done too.

nadg63
26th March 2006, 10:12 AM
With the stickers, (the 'carbon' look pillar ones), the amount of time it took is probably about right, I had mine done and they asked to keep my car in for the day as they'd replaced some previously and they were a right pig to get off and awkward to get the new ones on - so don't feel to hard done by, it's the norm!

As for the exhaust, it's normal on turbo cars. My SRiT does it, (with a cat-back exhaust which makes it more noticeable), but my WRX does it a hell of a lot louder!

caspers turbo
26th March 2006, 01:07 PM
yeah they had my car for 2 days to do the stickers, i didn't mind cause it looks a lot better now & they did a few other warranty repairs at the same time, my SRiT also misses, not much but every now an the u notice it, sort of feels like the car misses a beat, also noticed the revs on the tacho drop a little bit when it happens, is that normal Neil?????

chileno
27th March 2006, 09:11 PM
yeah it was the carbon stickers on the pillar. Though in regards to the miss, i notice it goes when i turn on the aircon as the revs increase at idle.

Vectracious
27th March 2006, 09:48 PM
, i notice it goes when i turn on the aircon as the revs increase at idle.

Pretty much any car will do that. Its Normal.