PDA

View Full Version : Astra Sedan Version - 2007?

astra03
25th March 2006, 09:38 AM
While googling yesterday arvo, I came accross a headline saying that they are building a sedan version of the Astra in the Polish Opel plant to be released in August 2007. The site it was on is a paid subscription one, so I could not open the story any further.

This morning I have checked on the Polish Opel site but, sorry cant read Polish and could not see anywhere to make it read in English. Had also a look on the main Opel website but could see no mention of it, nor on the main General Motors web.

Sounds promising anyway, if we will ever see it in Australia-who knows.......

Anyone find or hear something, please post

Cheers

Red AH SRI T
25th March 2006, 10:24 AM
they currently make a sedan version of the AH astra for Brazil only, and confusingly its called the Vectra :p

PaulyJ
25th March 2006, 11:03 AM
I'm Polish. Give me the link, and i'll check it out for all of us here.

MK
25th March 2006, 12:54 PM
Yes, the Polish GM Factory (Manufacturing Plant) is or has ceased the production of the Astra G Classic. They will aslo cease the production of the Agila and Meriva soon...this will be moved over to Spanish GM Factory sometime this year.

Talks are now in progress as to which model will be manufactured in Poland...so far it looks as it will be Astra H Sedan, that will compete with Vw Jetta and Ford Focus Sedan. (quoted from Polish iTVN - news broadcast)

astra03
25th March 2006, 01:10 PM
Hi Pauly, thanks for that. If you go to www.opel.com , then click on Poland in the select a country area. I do not know if it will have anything there, but I am sure some of us would be interested if they mention some news about it.

Cheers

PaulyJ
25th March 2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks dude, i'll check it out 2moro, and let everyone know.
Marcin, if you have some spare time, you can do it aswell... hehehe

MK
25th March 2006, 04:43 PM
Ha! not a problem my Polish brother!

i have visited opel.com.pl but there is no news (wiadomosci) or announcements as to where the Astra H Sedan will be made. There is no news at all in regards to any manufacturing information...
i have however searched through some Polish Opel klub websites and most of all, Polish Auto Magazine\Polish News sites and there are few speculations from the economysts as to what can be made in Poland...and it looks as it could be Astra H Sedan (for Europe and Australia, because this pland can make LHD and RHD versions!)

i know for sure that Polish Opel\GM plant will cease manufacturing of the Agila and Meriva in 2006 (Spanish Opel\GM plant is already gearing up to start production of those two models, plus the Corsa D will also be made in that plant) and as such, Polish Opel plant will have to start making bids as to what they can make there... Astra H Sedan is one of the favourite...

astra03
25th March 2006, 06:50 PM
It came up in Google under www.wardsauto.com. This was were it was mentioned, it was only posted on 23rd March (last Thursday).

It looks like they are some sort of motoring industry analytical business and as I say to dig deeper you have to have a subscription with them.

Anyway it does look promising for a Sedan on the horizon for us down under.

Thanks for digging some info up, and keep and eye out for more as it happens..

Cheers

EL BURITO
25th March 2006, 10:12 PM
IS it currently bein produced it brazil?? if so wat dose it look like. Crispy was whyning about wanting a sedan (dont know y u would want one at his age tho)

MK
26th March 2006, 10:14 PM
this is probably it...

CJB
26th March 2006, 11:30 PM
Thats nice!!! :)

But the back of it reminds of these cars

* Chrylser Le Baron Convertible

* Lancer

*Ford Fairlane

astra03
27th March 2006, 05:11 PM
Marcin,

Hey thanks for the photos of what the sedan may llok like.

I think it looks quite smart anyway we will see....

Thanks

MK
4th April 2006, 10:51 PM
Not a problem. further news regarding the Astra H Sedan:

Polish Opel plant (Gliwice) will begin the production in August 2007. The new Astra H sedan will be made there alongside the Zafira and Agila (the Agila however will be wound down to be moved to Spain)
From the article (and GM press release) it is speculated the Astra H sedan will be only produced for the European market, no mention of Australia!
(I have to ask a question here, "what are the sales figures for the new Ford Focus sedan?")

Annual output of this factory is targeted at 180 thousand cars (60% Zafira) The factory is designed to produce 6 different body types (Astra G Classic, Agila and Zafira) this will be maintained when the Astra i (series IV) is released in 2009 and the Astra h (Series III) becomes the "Astra Classic"

All this are just press releases from GM Poland\Opel Poland and speculations of economysts and motor magazines...more news will follow as soon as GM\Opel and Polish government have something in writing.

Kacper
11th April 2006, 11:02 AM
I'm Polish too:cool:

Just thought I'd let people know, I'm in need of recognition. Also the top of my window says "Hello Kacper it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?" Have to keep the top of the page happy.

PaulyJ
11th April 2006, 11:58 AM
Keep posting bracie!