PDA

View Full Version : truck crash in tooradin vic

beep beep sri
24th March 2006, 03:52 PM
my girlfriend and i went out for tea the other night in tooradin (this is a long story) and as i was unlocking the door on her car we heard the biggest bang you have ever heard then 3 seconds latter another massive bang (we are talking groundshaking) my g/f looked at me and i said oh F*#K we ran out onto the road and all we could see was a tuck trailer upside down. so we ran down while trying to slow cars down diesel all over the road (worse than oil in my eyes) and to our shock the guy was out of the cab! the cab was completly destroyed ive seen some realy REALY bad crashes but for someone to be out of this truck was unbeleivable. he was awake and seemed ok considering what had just happend besides a gash in the back of his head that was in a v that would have been 4inches long and down to his skull aswell as blood all over him from head to toe. a laddy that was a nurse started looking after him and then we looked up and another truck was on its side a couple of hundred meters down the road with the cab against a tree i decided id better start slowing traffic down so i ran several hundred meters down the road and started waving my hands most people slowed down but to my amazment some idiots still kept on going luckily no one else crashed when the ambo's arived they could'nt beleive the guy was alive let alone out of the truck we must have been at the accident for almost an hour every time another cop ambo or fire fighter turned up they all couldnt beleive the guy was out of the cab. the other truck driver was still pinned in his cab when we left and to be honest i question if the drivers survived or if they died in hospital latter. ive watched some bad things in my life and this would have to compare with watching my dad die in hospital all the driver kept saying was he wanted his phone to call his wife. i just hope they are making steady recovery's in hospital

Red AH SRI T
24th March 2006, 04:05 PM
fark thats bad, i can't believe the tools not slowing down

How did the guy come to be out of the cab? was he thrown out or did he get out himself?

beep beep sri
24th March 2006, 04:12 PM
he did'nt know! we asked him and he could'nt remember what happend all he said was he was driving one minute then he was where we found him. the draw bar was snaped clean off the trailer and the air bag suspension and all the gear that goes with it was 50m away from the rest of the trailer aswell. i realy wanto know if they are ok. i recon he may have jumped from the truck if he would have gone threw the window he would have been in the treed head first

InsaneAsylum
24th March 2006, 04:21 PM
man full marks... you did the moral thing. 9/10 people these days would just play the "not my problem" card and go about their own business.

there were 2 trucks?? i wonder if they collided together or they coincidentally crashed at the same time??

beep beep sri
24th March 2006, 04:30 PM
im guessing the first one droped the diesel and the second one has gone threw it and just lost it bigtime. its something we may never know. what caused the diesel to be on the road did they clip each other and a tank burst? did the tank just fail? ill go into the copshop tonight and try and get more info.

PaulyJ
24th March 2006, 06:25 PM
Dude, use punctuation! my face went blue trying to read that.

Congrats on doing what you did, as other people wouldn't have done much.

I just hope that the guy is ok now. He would've fallen asleep behind the wheel.

safetycar
24th March 2006, 09:06 PM
Yes i was also with my father when he died in his death bed and this is not something i would wish upon anyone, I hope no one has died tonight in thier chosen seat of passage.

beep beep sri
25th March 2006, 09:32 AM
even if he fell asleep at the wheel it still do'nt explain why the diesel was on the road. the diesel was atleat 800m away from where the first truck crashed and there where no trees damaged or anything like that except the ones the second truck hit. i went to the copshop last night and they said the other truck driver only had a few scratches. so its all ended up being ok