View Full Version : New Corsa To Debut At London Show

Red AH SRI T
24th March 2006, 09:04 AM
23rd March, 2006

All-new version of best seller to make world premiere at British Motor Show
Both three and five door versions to be unveiled
On sale in the (northern) autumn in Europe
New model not meant for Australia
One of the most eagerly anticipated automotive events of 2006 is to take place before the world's motoring media on 18th July in Europe’s most exciting city: London.

Vauxhall yesterday announced that the all-new Corsa will make its world debut at the British International Motor Show, which takes place between 20th-30th July, 2006, at the ExCeL venue, in London’s Docklands.

Bill Parfitt, Vauxhall’s managing director, said: “The UK is Europe’s biggest market for the Corsa by some margin, and it regularly tops the British car sales charts. It was a natural decision to choose the London Motor Show for the unveil of the all-new model. The British public love Corsas, and they’ll get to see it first.”

The fourth generation of the top-selling Vauxhall model will have stunning styling and an array of innovative technology features. Both three and five-door versions will be on show in London.

source: www.nextcar.com.au

aussie_in_london
24th March 2006, 09:41 AM
ill take some pics for you all
i live in the Docklands so will be going for sure

btm
24th March 2006, 10:18 AM
ill take some pics for you all
i live in the Docklands so will going for sure
just to rub it in a little more... :D

GreyRex
24th March 2006, 11:57 AM
It really is unfare:mad: . We get stuck with rebadged Daewoos while the rest of the world will get the new one. I read that apparently these Daewoo sourced vehicles are two year stop-gap cars. Will the Corsa be reintroduced afterwards? I just cannot fathom the logic at Head Office at Holden. Why are they selling this junk? Do they think people are stupid?

They must realise that not everyone wants to drive a Commodore... thats why their damn sales are declining in the large sector. I know we need the Commodore for Australia, but if available (and they are), we need good quality in the rest of the range.

Look at the latest crash test results of the Barina sedan. TWO STAR!! And ours doesn't even have the side airbags. It can be defended to the enth degree, but i hope this decision by Holden bites them in the @&%*.

It is some relief that we still have the Astra and Tigra, which are better quality cars. Now give us the new Corsa, and don't de-feature it!!

Red AH SRI T
24th March 2006, 04:15 PM
unfortunatley Holden is a business, and business need to do things like this to survive.

You tell holden to give us the Corsa and not to de-feature it but i bet there is no way in hell that you would pay the price for it.

And yes these cars are stop-gap cars, the replacements wont be the new corsa(that logic is just so mega stupid), their replacements will still be built by GMDAT but will be heavily influenced by Holden, who run GMDAT.

Btw, people must be stupid cause the new barina has a waiting list until JUNE

(that doesn't make it a good car however)

GreyRex
24th March 2006, 04:56 PM
I know i know. Hopefully by the time i'll be looking at my next car, maybe it'll be like a Renault Clio or something. I want to drive a good car, not a crap car

Red AH SRI T
24th March 2006, 09:38 PM
you never know what the future may hold ;)

with any luck hope fully the next barina will be an awesome little car at an amazing price

but don't hold your breath :p

pred8r
24th March 2006, 10:32 PM
an awesome little car at an amazing price

An amazing price - this could mean 2 things couldnt it? :P

EL BURITO
25th March 2006, 02:32 AM
I know the 1.8 SRI with a resnable spec sells in the UK for around 11K GBP + tax, but the fact is i would be willing to pay the 26k AUS for the car but with this in mind it dose not fit into the small car price bracket so there for it would be a small market to sell the new car. How much was our XC SRi over here new??

Matt Smith
25th March 2006, 07:07 AM
I have seen final pictures of Corsa VXR, it will be quite a car.

"cough" 210PS "cough"

pred8r
25th March 2006, 08:23 AM
I know the 1.8 SRI with a resnable spec sells in the UK for around 11K GBP + tax, but the fact is i would be willing to pay the 26k AUS for the car but with this in mind it dose not fit into the small car price bracket so there for it would be a small market to sell the new car. How much was our XC SRi over here new??
$22,990 + the rest
prefacelift had optional aircon ($24k? all up)

But we missed out on these altogether;
climate control
Sports mirrors
Leather
Direct injection LPG
Satnav

Consider though the CE2 MR lancer was in the same price bracket but an auto one put it up into the mid $20s IIRC.

MK
25th March 2006, 01:16 PM
Shape: 3dr and 5dr

Engines: (petrol) 140hp SRi, 180hp VXR, 60hp 1.0, 80hp 1.2, 90hp 1.4 and 105hp 1.6
(diesel) JTD type (from Fiat) 75hp and 80hp.

the 3dr looks like a "mini" Astra H Coupe...

180HOA
25th March 2006, 02:03 PM
unfortunatley Holden is a business, and business need to do things like this to survive.

You tell holden to give us the Corsa and not to de-feature it but i bet there is no way in hell that you would pay the price for it.

And yes these cars are stop-gap cars, the replacements wont be the new corsa(that logic is just so mega stupid), their replacements will still be built by GMDAT but will be heavily influenced by Holden, who run GMDAT.

Btw, people must be stupid cause the new barina has a waiting list until JUNE

(that doesn't make it a good car however)

Haha. I don't think GM can be paraded as a company that's on the ball as far as long-term survival goes... There's not a doubt in my mind that Holden will bring in some extra money over the next couple of years with the Viva/Barina, but there's no way it won't hurt the status of the brand long term. It's not that unlike what Nissan did a few years back - focusing on cheap prices at the expense of engineering. They used to have some worthwhile cars, but now I can't think of many reasons to walk into a Nissan showroom...

Those people who are lining up to buy Barinas aren't really the best type of customer. They're there cos it's cheap. They aren't giving any attention to safety or quality or any of the intrinsic qualities of a car. They'll feel zero loyalty, and next time will go to whoever's offering the best deal then. If that isn't Holden, too bad (what if Nissan slap their badges on some Chinese rubbish and sell it $1,000 less than the Barina?).

But no doubt, Denny Mooney will do his few years in Oz and Holden will make lots of cash, and he'll be congratulated for doing a great job. Then he'll move on and someone else will have to deal with the long-term consequences of his leadership...

GreyRex
25th March 2006, 03:54 PM
Agreed :)

Red AH SRI T
29th March 2006, 09:51 AM
http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos/6060328.001/6060328.001.mini1L.jpg
http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos/6060328.001/6060328.001.mini2L.jpg
http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos/6060328.001/6060328.001.mini3L.jpg
http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos/6060328.001/6060328.001.mini4L.jpg

Source: www.worldcarfans.com

HUNNY I SHRUNK THE ASTRA H!! :eek:

aussie_in_london