PDA

View Full Version : VXR Section .

Shaun
21st March 2006, 10:58 PM
Admin and all members.

Whos for a VXR section on the Forum ? A section just for VXR infromation and Pictures ETC?

Come on Admin / Moderators time has come. the VXR is coming and its time we had a Section for the VXR

aussie_in_london
22nd March 2006, 04:03 AM
im up for it seeing im a VXR owner

SSS_Hoon
22nd March 2006, 04:34 AM
yeah im up for it and you could name it the "area for cars that get beatne by the GTI"

:lol:

nah seriosly i think there should be a vxr section

SSS_Hoon

Red AH SRI T
22nd March 2006, 07:54 AM
*gives two thumbs up*

Turblue
22nd March 2006, 07:55 AM
When the car hits Oz, I'll whack a section in.

PaulyJ
22nd March 2006, 10:42 AM
But we do have international members with vxr's...

rusole21
22nd March 2006, 01:27 PM
yeah im up for it and you could name it the "area for cars that get beatne by the GTI"

what what what what?????? astra vxr beaten by pussy GTI? could you let me know where you found that from. love to see the comparison. VXR should theoretically 'give it to it'.

blueraven
22nd March 2006, 01:49 PM
in almost every tes comparison between the GTI and the VXR, they all say that yes, the VXR is quicker, but the GTI is a better car ;).. seriously, at least 2-3 tests i have seen have said that.

MK
22nd March 2006, 02:28 PM
Hi,

do we have any TIGRA owners here? if not, maybe because there is no section for them?

rusole21
22nd March 2006, 02:59 PM
in almost every tes comparison between the GTI and the VXR, they all say that yes, the VXR is quicker, but the GTI is a better car ;).. seriously, at least 2-3 tests i have seen have said that.
where are these 'tests'? internet sites or car mags? wanna read up on them

BassyAstra
22nd March 2006, 03:07 PM
I think The H deserves its own section before VxR.

ROCCO
22nd March 2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah I agree with you bassy the H does deserve its own section. Maybe we could have the NA section and the Turbo section under Astra H?

SSS_Hoon
22nd March 2006, 03:50 PM

top gear said it, and i think evo said it also and a few others aswell.

the DSG GTI gets 0-100 in 6flat awesome.

but i wasnt tring to start anything they are both great cars(im biased gf got a GTI and it aint a pussy car i tell ya)it was a inhouse joke with the Shaun is all.

SSS_Hoon

rusole21
22nd March 2006, 04:43 PM

but i wasnt tring to start anything they are both great cars(im biased gf got a GTI and it aint a pussy car i tell ya)it was a inhouse joke with the Shaun is all.

SSS_Hoon
hahaha na i wasnt offended i was just shocked that the gti is supposed to be better thats all. haha. i thoght the vxr was meant to kill nearly everything. :D

SSS_Hoon
22nd March 2006, 04:48 PM
it does kill nearly everything in test doen by magazines and tv shows and the like, but some of them said that they would still prefer the GTi to drive around in and the DSG gets praises from everywhere.

me even before my gf got the GTi i still would of prefered the GTi to the VXR why well one reason is your still driving a HSV :lol: actually before the GTi i would of went either the mps23 or the focus that thing is awsome too.

SSS_Hoon

180HOA
22nd March 2006, 05:46 PM

6 flat? That's not far off the pace of an STi, with something like 195kW/343Nm???

VW themsleves claim 6.9, and 7.2 for the manual. Who's managed to squeeze 6 seconds out of one?

Charlatan
22nd March 2006, 07:01 PM
MPS3 is supposedly good for 6.1 0-100.

Who give a fark about 0-100 anyway, its handling that counts

SSS_Hoon
22nd March 2006, 07:05 PM
MPS3 is supposedly good for 6.1 0-100.

Who give a fark about 0-100 anyway, its handling that counts

yep and the GTi has plenty of it, the mazda i dont think will. the VXR is meant to handle great also.

as for who did it, it was a japanese drift racer that did if i find the link i will post it.

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
22nd March 2006, 09:13 PM
what what what what?????? astra vxr beaten by pussy GTI? could you let me know where you found that from. love to see the comparison. VXR should theoretically 'give it to it'.

dont be concerned mate i have eaten half a dozen GTi's before adding any mods to my VXR , now having almost 300bhp i wouldnt waste my fuel on one lol

Shaun
22nd March 2006, 09:19 PM
dont be concerned mate i have eated half a dozen GTi's before adding any mods to my VXR , now having almost 300bhp i wouldnt waste my fuel on one lol

I like your thinking Shane.

aussie_in_london
22nd March 2006, 09:20 PM

SSS_Hoon

forget all the previous reports especially top gear, the prod model has a different chassie/suspension set up same with the ecu map which has been also tweaked,
i have back to back both and it is a different car both in handling and performance, mine easily pulling away when put up against each other ;)

SSS_Hoon
23rd March 2006, 04:37 AM
dont be concerned mate i have eated half a dozen GTi's before adding any mods to my VXR , now having almost 300bhp i wouldnt waste my fuel on one lol

I dont doubt it and i also dont doubt that there is more then a few GTi that would eat ya VXR also and quite a few more XR5's too.

its that thinking that makes me not like them hence the HSV, the thinking of i have a HSV that means its the best and its fast, well it might be to you but not to others reminds me of the mormans in a way.

i dont want to get into this whole debate about which car is better as we are all individuals and have our own tastes, some ppl like to push theres some dont i am one of those, i can see a car for what it is and appreciate that(the vxr for one) but i dont go around saying that its the best, i just give my opinions on it and dont take for gospel what i get told by mags or tv shows, its all about your own taste and as you all know mine is the GTi(for now but the new XR5 is looking the goods too) as i like the looks of it not bcoz its the fastest out there.

its 420am and i jsut woke up so this entire post might not make any sense sorry :lol:

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon

R3N
23rd March 2006, 05:12 AM
You guys should grow up and end all this 'my car is faster than yours' crap. We live in a variable world in which nothing is constant, driving technique, driver skills, crappy batch of petrol, custom maps, mods, wheels, tyres, engine condition, and so on and so forth.

This is the kind of single. narrow minded behaviour we do not need on the forums. Just because its not an Opel doesn't mean its not good. Each car has their good/bad points so in the end its all up to you, the buyer who chooses.

And just because its an Opel doesn't mean it needs to be defended in every way possible. Sure debates every now and then are good... but this is getting old and boring.

I'm surprised the number of OT posts in this thread have not been deleted, I believe this is a thread about opening up a new sub-forum. So stop bringing your arguements into every single thread about the VXR.

aussie_in_london
23rd March 2006, 06:46 AM
mate its an open forum and thats what its all about, peoples own opinions and views , not always will we agree but thats what makes forums fun and a good read, if someone wants to say their GTi is faster etc whats the problem, we will always defend ours cars but its all in good fun :) no where did i see insults being thrown around and i liked SSS_Hoon's post even if it didnt make sense lol so whats your issue its only harmless banter, yeah it swayed off topic abit but it still covered the VXR, if you dont like what is said dont read it, you can always go to another thread lol

stevedee3
23rd March 2006, 09:23 AM
I think The H deserves its own section before VxR.I'd like to see a (Z)C section, but I don't think there's too many people here with one... :(

R3N
23rd March 2006, 02:58 PM
mate its an open forum and thats what its all about, peoples own opinions and views , not always will we agree but thats what makes forums fun and a good read, if someone wants to say their GTi is faster etc whats the problem, we will always defend ours cars but its all in good fun :) no where did i see insults being thrown around and i liked SSS_Hoon's post even if it didnt make sense lol so whats your issue its only harmless banter, yeah it swayed off topic abit but it still covered the VXR, if you dont like what is said dont read it, you can always go to another thread lol

The point is not to flood every single VXR thread on the GTi vs the VXR or any other hot hatch. So please stay on topic, I never go into the other VXR threads anyway cos its just so repeatitive.

Vectracious
23rd March 2006, 02:59 PM
Rightey-oh, so....

1. VXR section will be added when it goes on sale (as per Waynes Post on Page 1)

2. There will not be an Astra H section considering the car is not much different (Mechanically) from a G. (This has been discussed by Admin several times and if we did that there would need to be two Vectra sections and two Barina/Corsa sections - it would all become a nightmare to navigate)

3. If you want to discuss the merits of the VXR against anything else, start a new topic about it as the purpose of this topic has been fulfilled and therefore this thread will be locked.