PDA

View Full Version : Barina XC "missing"

ybone
16th March 2006, 10:39 PM
Hi. In trouble once again. A little over one year ago, the ignition module was replaced in my 2001 Barina XC 2door h/back (after much argueing with Holden who decided to come good and replace under warranty). Since then, I have noticed the car has been "missing". Every time it is serviced (54,000 on clock now), I mention it to the mechanic and they can't find anything ... until this afternoon. It's now got to the stage where the car jerks regularly during gear changes into top and at almost every deceleration at around the 50-60k mark. No dash indicators come on, the revs don't appear to dip instantaneously. The mechanic seems to think it could be the "Fly By Wire" (que?). Another mechanic has suggested three possibilities ... and being female, I can't quite remember ... the coil (?) being one. Another mechanic is going to run a diagnostics check on Monday. Can anyone suggest anything? Any similarities to problems anyone has had? Any suggestions really really really appreciated.

MatsHolden
16th March 2006, 10:47 PM
Could be something to do with the oxygen sensor or the temp sensor. They have been known to malfunction in the XC Barina and cause similar 'misfires' or dull patches, get them to check the sensors. :)

ybone
17th March 2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks very much for the suggestion, I'll pass that onto the mechanics on Monday. Will post the results too ... if they find any! Thanks again.