PDA

View Full Version : Astra H

YuSuF
16th April 2004, 06:24 PM
Im starting to really get into the new style, especially the front aggresive look. Anyone out there agree or still have some doubts?

Anonymous
16th April 2004, 06:31 PM
Front looks good yes, but the back.... dont really like it....

GOZOFF
16th April 2004, 06:35 PM
I like totaly agree. I'll be hangin for the SRi version
got to have one of them
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_21/car_portal_pic_10744_t.jpg

YuSuF
16th April 2004, 06:36 PM
Isnt there a sedan coming?

01CDsedan
16th April 2004, 06:43 PM
Nah, sadly no sedan is planned for the new model. Shame.

AndiesRefuge
16th April 2004, 07:42 PM
I'm already filling my piggybank so i'll have enough for a deposit by midnight on holdens pressrelease ;)

This thing has my heart, good time to be single

blackSRi
22nd April 2004, 12:12 AM
I am with you Blk Barina, nice front, distended bulbous back.
I like hatches or coupes - anything with 3 doors.

However, I will drive any astra shape - as long as it's a 2.2T (or should I say a L850 with T)....
Dis is what I'm talkin' bout! :-

Sophisticated power unit

Saab is recognised as a 'Center of Expertise' within General Motors for turbocharging and the 9-3 Sport-Hatch Concept's all-aluminium engine, based on the L850 series, takes this technology to a new level.

Engineers have focused on improving performance at low engine speeds whilst retaining exceptionally strong mid-range torque, for so long a key Saab driving characteristic. This has been achieved without impairing the powertrain's outstanding mechanical refinement and driveability.

The introduction of direct injection improves combustion and fuel consumption. In this application, it also raises low-end torque by about 15 per cent up to 1,500 rpm.

Breathing is improved by the use of Continuously Variable Cam Phasers (CVCP) to control both inlet and exhaust valves. Apart from improving fuel consumption on full and part-load throttle by up to five per cent, CVCP also further contributes to better low-end torque.

Another 'first' for Saab is the use of a twin-scroll turbocharger. This more effectively harnesses exhaust pulse energy by separating the gas flow into two channels, instead of one, which drive the turbine wheel, now made of a titanium-aluminium alloy turbine for low-inertia. The end result is an improved throttle response which, together with better low-end flexibility, gives the Saab 9-3 Sport-Hatch Concept driver a particularly 'user-friendly' control of the strong performance on tap.

In this form, the engine retains its maintenance-free chain-driven camshafts, counter-rotating balancer shafts, dual mass flywheel and integrated oil cooler. As in the Sport Sedan, the turbocharger is located in-board behind the engine. For the 9-3 Sport-Hatch Concept, a water-cooled turbocharger, operating at 1.2 bar, is fitted.

SAAB L850 Turbo (http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/newsarticle.html?&id=SAA&doc=saa0309111)