PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Day Results.....

SSS_Hoon
11th March 2006, 09:04 PM
Today we went to a VW/AUDI dyno day at Revesby held at Mainline automotive, great guys and a well run event so congrats.

We put MZ_GTi's MKV Golf GTi on the rollers and got 126.6fwkw to back up the 126fwkw from the last dyno day, a stock manual MKV GTi got 127fwkw and a manual APR Fashed(last years version of the software) he got 133.6fwkw. Another MKV GTi manual with a GIAC chip and a zorst without any of the mufflers and replaced them with straight pipe and it hit a massive 153fwkw. A MKIV Golf GTI with K04 upgrade and a few other mods hit a massive 149.1fwkw from a 1.8L oh my god...AUDI S4 twin turbo hit 174kw at all 4 wheels, a AUDI S3 with 143kw, 2 R32 GOLF MKIV's 1 got 135.5kw the other 129.9. There was also a new Polo GTi there stock only 2000k on the clock and it got 94fwkw impressed with that i was...

Now this wasnt a Dyno Dynamics Dyno and not done in 4th gear for those out there that only take 4th gear shoot out mode to be gospel :lol:

this dyno is more accurate then a Dyno Dynamics Dyno as it dosent rely on operater input for the settings it has its own sensors that do all that for you so there is less chance of getting a false reading, i was in the car and asked him to do a 4th gear run which he did and it was only 1.2kw lower then the 3rd gear same went for all of the cars, a properly set up dyno should get around the same power figure no matter what gear it is in, i was scepitkal when they first said this until they proved it to me not only with our car but the other MKV GTI that got the 153, the owner wanted a run in every gear and well they did it in every gear and they all were within 5kw of eachother.

will post up dyno sheet when i get it on the pc.

SSS_Hoon

Bernard Siong
12th March 2006, 01:27 AM
goood figures!
'Another MKV GTi manual with a GIAC chip and a zorst without any of the mufflers and replaced them with straight pipe and it hit a massive 153fwkw.'
does that mean he took out the resonators?
i did that to my civic and it sounded **** as
so now its equiped with resonators and all and sounds deeper

CAL.16V
12th March 2006, 03:52 AM
how much boost does the giac chip run?

SSS_Hoon
12th March 2006, 10:53 AM
goood figures!
'Another MKV GTi manual with a GIAC chip and a zorst without any of the mufflers and replaced them with straight pipe and it hit a massive 153fwkw.'
does that mean he took out the resonators?
i did that to my civic and it sounded **** as
so now its equiped with resonators and all and sounds deeper

yeah it still ahs the 2 factory cats(i think there is either 2 or 3), but ahs the big rear muffler removed and a straight pipe put there, yeah the resonator removed.

how much boost does the giac chip run?

and as for the boost i think he said it was around the 17psi mark max but the MKV GTi run boost on demand sorta thing it not like at 5000rpm in 3rd gear might be where it peaks at say 17psi but if your not flooring it and just cruising then it might only be 9psi, it uses whatever boost the ecu thinks it needs to reach the power output needed by the TB position and gear and load on the engine blah blah blah.

SSS_Hoon

PaulyJ
12th March 2006, 02:43 PM
Nice, very nice.
Interested to see what the Polo GTi's would runs with a few mods... they'd be quick!

SSS_Hoon
12th March 2006, 05:03 PM
Nice, very nice.
Interested to see what the Polo GTi's would runs with a few mods... they'd be quick!

they still weigh in at over 1200kg though so fairly heavy although i dont know where they hide all that weight.

the polo gti would be better if it had the dsg for sure.

SSS_Hoon

1OPL2C
12th March 2006, 07:22 PM
awesome..

would we gain more power if we removed the rear muffler n resonator off our 1.8's?

SSS_Hoon
12th March 2006, 08:11 PM
slightly, but u will get more noise also.

SSS_Hoon

1OPL2C
12th March 2006, 08:19 PM
kool.. n saves about $300 for the muffler.. just buy some tips on the pipe.

mr_sikma
13th March 2006, 12:00 AM
^^^

i was kinda thinkin bout that but it would look preety weird i reckoN!

SSS_Hoon
13th March 2006, 06:04 PM
here is the GTi's graph

http://members.optusnet.com.au/sss_hoon/Dyno%20Sheet.jpg

and here is some pics i took of the day.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/sss_hoon/photogallery/photo25326/real.htm

SSS_Hoon

rjastra
13th March 2006, 06:21 PM
The polo gti weighs in at 1190kg.

Just got the APR flash for my polo and it seems rather fast now :)

SSS_Hoon
13th March 2006, 06:29 PM
you should of came to the dyno day man, there was a polo gti there that made 94fwkw i was very impressed seeing as though they are 110 flywheel stock, and this one had just 2000k on the clock, how much did u pay for the apr?

SSS_Hoon

rjastra
13th March 2006, 06:36 PM
you should of came to the dyno day man, there was a polo gti there that made 94fwkw i was very impressed seeing as though they are 110 flywheel stock, and this one had just 2000k on the clock, how much did u pay for the apr?

SSS_Hoon

I got it done for the introductory price of $1400. Drove down to Canberra to get it done.

Impressions... on the highway the acceleration in 5th with the reflash is equivalent to the acceleration in 4th with the standard settings.

My mate has a Clio 172 and the polo will now match it. Remember the Clio is a low 7 second car. The stock Polo Gti is a low 8 second car.

SSS_Hoon
13th March 2006, 08:27 PM
hehe so it was you on the tex then.

im also on there, so u did know about the dyno day then, y didnt you show up we could of had a stock and a chipped one there?

SSS_Hoon

PaulyJ
14th March 2006, 01:39 PM
where can i get more info about this apr flash thing...

SSS_Hoon
14th March 2006, 04:36 PM
here is there website http://www.goapr.com/

and here is a link with all the aussie resellers on it http://www.goapr.com/VW/dealer/locator.php?cntry=USA&locationFound=other&other_list=Oceania

i would also look at giac http://www.giacusa.com/

here is a local sydney reseller website.

http://www.euroauto.com.au/

SSS_Hoon

auzvectra
14th March 2006, 07:13 PM
the astra's sposed to be that same with as much boost as needed, but i have seen mine spike to 12-13psi on 1/4 throttle, low load, and the other day it hit 14psi, which should have triped limp mode but it didnt.

SSS_Hoon
15th March 2006, 04:16 AM
its a good design, i canot see how the astra can have that as it boost control aint electronic valve like the golf is.

or are you talking about the new vxr?

SSS_Hoon

PaulyJ
15th March 2006, 01:28 PM
Both these companies only do work for Audi, VW and Porsche... nothing for Opels.

Know anywhere where i can get a reflash done on a Corsa B?

SSS_Hoon
16th March 2006, 08:58 PM
no sorry i dont know of any.

SSS_Hoon

PaulyJ
16th March 2006, 09:14 PM
nah thats alrite
i'll find one somewhere

SSS_Hoon
18th March 2006, 09:33 PM
there is somewhere out there, just has to be.

i know that MR T got there car done at SAS and it was the first astra turbo they had done so im sure if they could do that then yours they could do too.

SSS_Hoon

PaulyJ
19th March 2006, 03:26 PM
Wish they were in Melb...