PDA

View Full Version : Holden's Dirty little Barina Secret!

Red AH SRI T
11th March 2006, 09:35 AM
The price will rise but i wont say buy how much, or exactly when.

Anyone wanna guess?

bill142
11th March 2006, 09:56 AM
On par with Opel Barina rising and probably before the end of April.

entice
11th March 2006, 10:33 AM
$500

and at the same time AH6.5 is announced

Alfonzo
11th March 2006, 01:14 PM
$13990+orc for the base 3 door manual, and the additional $1000 on the other respective models also.

Anything higher and I'll be laughing.

01CDsedan
11th March 2006, 02:09 PM
I'd say it will hit $13,990...

MatsHolden
11th March 2006, 06:23 PM
So they're not gonna be that much better off financially than when they were selling the Opel sourced Barina. Considering that's the reason they dropped the Opel Corsa and opted for the Daewoo Kalos. Now they'll be selling a car almost the same price as the Opel and a car that doesn't even come close to the Opel. Smart move that! Maybe if the price increases too much, sales will drop and Holden will again one day return the Corsa to our shores, doubtful but you can dream.

pred8r
11th March 2006, 07:10 PM
heheh they are selling too many.....increase the price by $1k and remove 2 storage spaces. Timing.....after the games

Red AH SRI T
11th March 2006, 07:49 PM
So they're not gonna be that much better off financially than when they were selling the Opel sourced Barina. Considering that's the reason they dropped the Opel Corsa and opted for the Daewoo Kalos. Now they'll be selling a car almost the same price as the Opel and a car that doesn't even come close to the Opel. Smart move that! Maybe if the price increases too much, sales will drop and Holden will again one day return the Corsa to our shores, doubtful but you can dream.

The reason they dumped the Opel wasn't because just because the price they were selling.

At the pricie they were selling it at they lost money on every single one.

A Opel sold at full price got the dealer a margin of $250 plus dealer delivery.

A Daewoo Barina sold at full price gets the dealer $1000 plus dealer delivery.

Which would you rather sell?

The price rise is $500 on HATCHES ONLY, it does not affect sedan's.
Takes place APRIL 2nd.

Astra MY6.5 has been announced, spec wise, but not price wise, read threat in ASTRA board to see updates

MatsHolden
11th March 2006, 08:28 PM
Obviously rather sell the Daewoo of course, but what would you rather buy?

DirtyHarry
12th March 2006, 12:51 AM
i think the dealer would make a little more that that.

Red AH SRI T
12th March 2006, 08:25 AM
you think wrong :p

pred8r
12th March 2006, 09:22 AM
What about rebates then?
just curious as thats what they do with electronics (Plasmas/playstation/xbox) to stop people undercutting, not quite price fixing but close enough......

On heavily discounted/higly competitive items -
item cost + small% (eg. 5% bargaining or other costs) + 10%GST = item retail cost, but then at then end of month/quarter/year the wholesaler gives a cash rebate back to the retail outlet which (in my industry) varies between 10-25%

No they wont make much on retailing it, as NO-ONE will discount into their rebate cost, but they will make money on the buying side, if you follow what i meant.

Will i be done for violating the secret retail stonecutter code?

oneightoo
12th March 2006, 12:12 PM
are they going to stop selling daewoos and start sellng opels again??

dam you holden for taking our daewoos away!! DAM YOU!!

Red AH SRI T
13th March 2006, 07:36 AM
Holden is the only car company that PRICE PROTECTS customers, ie if u order a car and then the price goes up, u dont have to pay they extra money

pred8r
13th March 2006, 09:05 AM
Holden is the only car company that PRICE PROTECTS customers, ie if u order a car and then the price goes up, u dont have to pay they extra money

Thats interesting, is there something in the contract of sale that states price rises are at the purchasers expense/risk?
It strange that as its a contract, you would assume a fixed the price.
Then again, its ultimately up to the dealer as to whats in the contract and you read and understand it before signing.

Just out of curiosity does it work in reverse ie. deposit on car + car price drops = you pay less?

CJB
13th March 2006, 11:52 AM
and Holden are the only ones who don't let you test drive the car before you buy it :eek:

Did Holden plan on doing this from the beginning? Or it is because the sales are so strong?

MatsHolden
13th March 2006, 02:39 PM
and Holden are the only ones who don't let you test drive the car before you buy it :eek:

Did Holden plan on doing this from the beginning? Or it is because the sales are so strong?

They didn't let you test drive the car? That's a new one... lol

CJB
13th March 2006, 03:14 PM
Nope, they did not, and they didn't really know much about the car.

The only thing she could say was "it's $13,490 plus on roads, I am an idiot and what colour do you want"?

blueraven
13th March 2006, 03:25 PM
they wouldnt let you test drive??????

i went to a suzuki dealership with my girlfreind, all bright eyed about test driving a new swift for her. and the salesman said 'we cant just let everyone who wants a test drive to take it for a drive...." i looked at the idiot and said "what kind of idiot would buy a car they havent driven? do you really expect me to even consider letting you sell me a car if you wont even let me drive it?????"

and then we left, with the salesman offering for us to drive the car/apologising. if he had been a better rep, he would let more people drive the car, let the car speak for itself. i wonder if he manages to sell many cars...

Red AH SRI T
13th March 2006, 05:07 PM
NO test drive? thats a big no no!

If someone likes the car they drive it. If someone comes in and only wants to talk price, without even driving the car then we don't talk.

Everyone drives before we start talking price.

not sure if they planned it or not, could have been "introductory price"

It does state in OUR contract that if the price rises then you won't have to pay for the rise, but other manurfactures don't have this clause. I'm not sure about it in reverse

CJB
13th March 2006, 05:09 PM
I tried to get out of my contract because they didnt let me test drive it and I had no idea how it drove and I really really really wanted this black auto Lancer ES :(

Red AH SRI T
13th March 2006, 05:21 PM
you have rocks in your head!

pred8r
13th March 2006, 05:46 PM
I tried to get out of my contract because they didnt let me test drive it and I had no idea how it drove and I really really really wanted this black auto Lancer ES :(
I had a 1999 CE2 MR Lancer coupe before my 'rina from what i remember they drive very 'similar' but the SRi is more stable, uses less fuel and looks hotter.
Saw a Black 4d VR-X lancer current shape with black tints, that did look HOT as.....or maybe it was a hormone imbalance

CJB
13th March 2006, 08:15 PM
all I know is my aunty has one, and I go out there to drool on it.

I love love love it, and their neighbours, have a black Mivec... and I went out in it Sat night (before the fun started) and it was HOT HOT HOT.

I just want a sedan - and Astra's don't do sedans :(

and... *drools* a 4 door VR-X :D

MatsHolden
13th March 2006, 11:47 PM
Nope, they did not, and they didn't really know much about the car.

The only thing she could say was "it's $13,490 plus on roads, I am an idiot and what colour do you want"?

Yeh, there are a few car sales people out there that don't know all that much about the cars they are trying to sell. I was looking at a new Astra Coupe a couple of months ago, and the salesman couldn't give me any definate answers, always saying "i think it's this, but i'd have to check". Not good enough when the customer know's more about the vehicle than the salesman. And whatever you do always go to more than one dealer and get more than one price, it staggers me the amount of people who just buy there and then.

Mr T
14th March 2006, 07:03 AM
Bums in seats sell cars...I tell our salesmen that all the time...Demo Demo Demo...!!! If a salesemen wont take you for a drive, he seriously has issues and shouldn't be there.

I wouldn't be getting too carried away with barina pricing, they are still a long way behind Getz and Yaris in the sales race.

Red AH SRI T
14th March 2006, 07:26 AM
not that far behind!!! Selling more than 1500 barina's a month!!!

pred8r
14th March 2006, 08:18 AM

personally? damn, love your commission

btm
14th March 2006, 09:21 AM
what are the figures of the yaris & getz?

Red AH SRI T
15th March 2006, 07:38 AM
personally? damn, love your commission

LMAO! i wish, i would be rich!!

FlySri
16th March 2006, 05:26 PM
What no test drives?????? (I know I'm going to be eaten around here but......) I just bought a viva wagon with the lot and they let us take it out !! And the Berina sedan!!

CJB
16th March 2006, 05:37 PM
and why did you buy a Viva???:eek: