PDA

View Full Version : Holden Captiva (mid 2006)

MK
5th March 2006, 10:18 PM
www.holden.com.au

Can we Opelise it? (joke) Or is this another Daewoo?

I wonder (with the price of petrol, bad name 4x4's have in the city and the time Ford Territory has been on sale) how long will it take Holden to catch up to Fords Territory?

CJB
5th March 2006, 10:23 PM
So they have finally named it.

Looks alright. Regardless of it's origins.

I'd put a nice big Chevy badge on it :D

bill142
5th March 2006, 10:25 PM
I wonder if it will captivate the market.

pred8r
5th March 2006, 10:53 PM
look under concept cars, s3x

look familiar?

btm
6th March 2006, 09:40 AM
wonder what they'll be price wise....

Mr T
6th March 2006, 11:08 AM
how long will it take Holden to catch up to Fords Territory?

I dont think they will...Territory is a wicked seller...!!!

btm
6th March 2006, 11:14 AM
I dont think they will...Territory is a wicked seller...!!!
depends if they try and price it under the territory or not....

CJB
6th March 2006, 11:41 AM
I don't JUST think it's the Territory the car will be in comp with, yes as far as Hodens/Fords go, yeah, that whole comp thing they have, but I actually think the Land Cruiser and Prado are big sellers - I know they're slightly more expensive, but even so, still big sellers and they do hold their resale value.

So that's why I am unsure on the success of this car.

Mr T
6th March 2006, 11:52 AM
Probably the closest car would be the Toyota Kluger...Thats equally sophisticated...:confused:

btm
6th March 2006, 11:54 AM
Probably the closest car would be the Toyota Kluger...Thats equally sophisticated...:confused:
but only available in auto... and really freakin expensive!

CJB
6th March 2006, 12:00 PM
So it will more then likely be in the Hyundai Tuscon and Kia 4WD price range?

Because didn't the Jackaroo compete with Pajero, Land Cruiser and Patrol?

btm
6th March 2006, 12:01 PM
the jackaroo was the best car my family ever had - most reliable car in every conditions

btm
6th March 2006, 12:03 PM
So it will more then likely be in the Hyundai Tuscon and Kia 4WD price range?
i highly doubt it

CJB
6th March 2006, 12:04 PM
haha and it was an Isuzu :p

Not even a Holden. :D

Hmm... so what market does this car fall into though? I know bigger 4WD sales are down, but I don't see many Territory's on the road at all. There is something about the Territory that seems to make it more of a city 4WD. I couldn't imagine one of them going off road, and for that matter from that pic, I can't see the Captiva being an off roader either.

CJB
6th March 2006, 12:05 PM
the jackaroo was the best car my family ever had - most reliable car in every conditions
hahah we have had two Land Cruisers, one turbo diesel one petrol, and one V6 Pajero. The Pajero was the worst. Not a fan of them.

bill142
6th March 2006, 01:55 PM
Captiva is supposed to replace the adventra as I don't think there will be a VE based version.

CJB
6th March 2006, 02:09 PM
I heard that too... poor sales or something like that.

well, you either want a wagon car, or a 4WD.. not both.

180HOA
6th March 2006, 05:37 PM
*yawn*

Is anyone else bored of all these glorified people movers?

And is it just me, or is Captiva an even dumber sounding name than Adventra?

MatsHolden
6th March 2006, 06:18 PM
Nice design. This is a good example of where the design of future Daewoo sourced Holden's is headed, as it is the first Daewoo that Holden has had a large input in terms of the design and also with former Holden designers Michael Simcoe and Max Wolff. Also it will have a good powerplant with the a variation Holden's Alloytech V6, also now used by Alfa Romeo and Saab. I think they've done a good job to put into production a car that has differed very little from the concept.

pred8r
6th March 2006, 06:19 PM
Pajero, in another language pronounced pah--yeah-ro means wanker.

always makes me laugh :)

180HOA
6th March 2006, 06:25 PM
From Holden's website:

"Captiva’s active all-wheel-drive system instantly employs the rear axle, as driving conditions dictate, via an electronically controlled electro-magnetic coupling to provide maximum traction."

Am I right in interpreting this to mean it's essentially front-wheel-drive?

pred8r
6th March 2006, 06:32 PM
From Holden's website:

"Captiva’s active all-wheel-drive system instantly employs the rear axle, as driving conditions dictate, via an electronically controlled electro-magnetic coupling to provide maximum traction."

Am I right in interpreting this to mean it's essentially front-wheel-drive?

id assume full time front, occasional rear.

180HOA
6th March 2006, 06:42 PM
So it's like a giant Honda CR-V? I can't see it knocking off the Territory...

RapidSRi
6th March 2006, 07:01 PM
What ever happened to the Holden Frontera, I think that was an Opel. It would fit the same segment as Frontera by the look of it.

MatsHolden
6th March 2006, 07:26 PM
What ever happened to the Holden Frontera, I think that was an Opel. It would fit the same segment as Frontera by the look of it.

Frontera was actually an Izuzu like the Jackaroo, but it was also rebadged as an Opel in Germany and Vauxhall in Britain.

01CDsedan
7th March 2006, 08:17 AM
I think the Captiva should do allright - Ford has had a lot of success with the Territory and it's basically the same sort of car, ie looks like an off-roader but is really more of a car with extra ground clearance.

Having a smaller engine should give it a fuel economy advantage over the Territory, as well.

Having said that, on the whole I would prefer the Adventra if I was buying that sort of thing, and ideally with V8 power.

Red AH SRI T
7th March 2006, 08:31 AM
after a story was run in the sydney paper on the weekend confirming Holden's new AWD the phone wouldn't stop ringing with people wanting to know stuff about it

btm
7th March 2006, 08:33 AM
after a story was run in the sydney paper on the weekend confirming Holden's new AWD the phone wouldn't stop ringing with people wanting to know stuff about it
will it really be here in mid 2006 thought???

Red AH SRI T
7th March 2006, 08:42 AM
i have heard that it should be launched around June/July, if not then after VE Commodore in about November