PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Melbourne

GreyRex
3rd March 2006, 12:26 PM
Hey guys, this is my first ever post from this site so i hope it works. Im 21 from melb, and drive a black 04 SRi Barina. Does anyone else have the same car?? Thought i should say hi and introduce myself. While im at it, can anyone help me regarding the Opel badges for front and rear. I want it to look stock, not modified in any way so does that mean i need i new grille?? Im confused :o Any comments welcome

CateO
3rd March 2006, 12:28 PM
WELCOME!!!

So many newbies around !

Another Melbournite hey, make sure you join the Vic Forum too, plenty of fun games going on there.

Will most likely need a new grille. I Know I DID !!!!!!!
Unless you like to just glue pieces on ??

oneightoo
3rd March 2006, 12:31 PM
for opel badges PM Slimcraigie

welcome to the site!

MatsHolden
3rd March 2006, 12:31 PM
Welcome mate! Good to see another Melbournian with a Barina/Corsa!

Enjoy...

oneightoo
3rd March 2006, 12:33 PM
drive a black 04 SRi Barina. Does anyone else have the same car??
i think you will find there are a few people with the same car..

got any pics of the ride?

CJB
3rd March 2006, 12:36 PM
welcome mate :)

talk to pred8r!!! :) he is a good bloke and has an SRi... a bit earlier then an 04, but still a sweet ride ...

oneightoo
3rd March 2006, 12:38 PM
and he has even taken it off some sweet jumps..

btm
3rd March 2006, 01:21 PM
welcome to the site!

slim is definitely the man for all opel bits and pieces :)

good luck!

slyopel
3rd March 2006, 02:34 PM
welcome to the site. hope you enjoy your stay. hope to see you at a cruise soon.

PaulyJ
3rd March 2006, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the site dude.

Make sure you visit the Vic forums at http://vic.opelaus.com/phpBB2/

Yeah pred8r has a black SRi, and there are a few other people aswell.

And in regards with the badges, you dont need to replace the grill or anything.

What an ex member Frankie did was put a small layer of mesh behind the badge before putting it on. Looked really good.

pred8r
3rd March 2006, 09:37 PM
Welcome and enjoy :)

Black '03 SRi in da house
Pimpin it up for Deutschland

pred8r
3rd March 2006, 09:40 PM
What an ex member Frankie did was put a small layer of mesh behind the badge before putting it on. Looked really good.

You can also use flat plastic, the same at the textured fill panels they use in car audio places, or if you want something even flatter cut up a cover from one of them folders with the plastic pockets in them

GreyRex
4th March 2006, 09:18 AM
Those ideas sound pretty good, but i really want it to look like it does with the Holden badge, with that imprint on the plastic behind it. Fussy i know, but i want it to look factory standard. Surely someone else has done it the way i want to!

PaulyJ
4th March 2006, 11:36 AM
The only way to do that is by replacing the grill, as its the plastic thats mouded in that shape.
Talk to slimcraigie, he'll sort you out

GreyRex
4th March 2006, 03:18 PM
I read a post that slimcraigie is not replying of late, and he hasn't replied to my message :mad: lol. Apparently he doesn't work at the dealer ship or something anymore. Nooooooooooooooooooo, my options are shrinking!! Maybe i should get them from this Opel dealership in Ireland that ive been speaking to. So i tell him i need the grille with the chrome strip, and the front and rear Opel emblems?? I've never bought over the net, and how do you work out how much to pay with exchange rates and taxes and that?? Sounds risky...:confused:

PaulyJ
4th March 2006, 03:27 PM
Go here http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZopelcraft

Slimcraigies EBAY site, so its all legit.

CNBLU
11th March 2006, 05:44 PM
dude just buy an grille from ebay and badges from there too. i did. too easy.:D
or go to http://www.emtechautomotive.com.au./ they have them there aswell. and its in adelaide.

FlySri
16th March 2006, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the site!!