PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Driver Window

Lucky_Astra06
2nd March 2006, 07:41 PM
My drivers side window squeaks evertime i put it up when i drive totally Shiiits me!!!! took it 2 Holden and 8hrs later they said all fixed
drove out of da shop n 2 mins l8r its BACK!!!!! next day they looked it ova n said they cant figure it out! whats wrong wif these lazy peeps??????

Any1 got da same prob or know how 2 fix it. Im gonna give management hell tomoz if they dont figure it out... its like orderin a burger wifout tomato and u end up wif extra tomato Gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

180HOA
2nd March 2006, 08:16 PM
Graphite powder is a dry lubricant. Get a small brush and use it to put some graphite into the window tracks. Just be careful not to spill it cos it can make a big mess...

BassyAstra
2nd March 2006, 09:21 PM
Same thing happened to me on both cars.

On the black one when i got them to check it they didnt even put it back right, i had to pop back clips and re screw screws.

Both have not been fixed properly.

I just live with it, doesnt happen to often.

R3N
2nd March 2006, 09:32 PM
could be the window seals, does it happen when the rubber is wet? if it doesn't there this product for fixing dry wipers, it might work

DirtyHarry
3rd March 2006, 12:56 AM
i had the same problem with the squeaking, its the actually seals, the inside ones which are connected to the door trim. like those rubbery ones which run from the left to the right of the window.
best solution would be to use some kind of a cloth and give it a rub. just be carefull you dont press down too hard cause you can stuff the rubbber up.

ToYBoX
3rd March 2006, 06:52 AM
i got the same prob..... try lil silicon spray.... lol i just live with it

Lucky_Astra06
3rd March 2006, 06:54 PM
Thanx guys ill try sum of da above cause i gotta deal wif it hrs each day!!! if nothin works im buyin a new car!

Sam G
13th March 2006, 10:40 AM
i got the same prob..... try lil silicon spray.... lol i just live with it

That's what I use on my Astra when my front windows squeak! :D

ToYBoX
13th March 2006, 09:36 PM
That's what I use on my Astra when my front windows squeak! :D

lol u just let them squeak :p :p :p